Author Topic: Dom069 - My 8v Story So Far - Deposit Taken :(  (Read 181471 times)

Offline dom

• 10k hero
  • Back in a Mk4
Re: Dom069 - My Mk3 Story So Far, Coilovers fully fitted!!
« Reply #170 on: 08 July 2010, 19:34 »
nice, i like it

SPACERS needed next  :)

:cool:

Yeah I got 195's put on yesterday as well instead of 205's and the rears look a little lost in the arches  :sad:

Gonna get the camber/tracking done tomorrow, clean it up over the weekend, raise the rear a tad, then i'll get some proper pics on  :smiley:

Offline dom

• 10k hero
  • Back in a Mk4
Re: Dom069 - My Mk3 Story So Far, Coilovers fully fitted!!
« Reply #171 on: 12 July 2010, 21:24 »
Right, camber/tracking sorted, new rear top mounts purchased, new oil/filter also bought in anticipation of a 6k mile oil change  :smiley:

I gave it a quick wash yesterday and raised the rear by about 15/20mm this evening, looks much better imo.

I'm toying with the idea of going back to a badged grill with black slats and black badge.....thoughts??

Offline DrewGTI

• I live here
looking good mate!  :cool: you sticking with the wheels?

badged grill for me as i like the VW sign!  :smiley:

Offline Wayne

• Sir Postalot
Looks better

One thing you had the camber and tracking sorted then raised the rear you may find it is now out.

Offline benvictors

• I live here
  • bgk Tuning - coming soon!!!
Badged grill FTW, id have a chrome badge tho if yr gonna black the slats  :wink:

Offline mellow yellow

• I live here
  • A Driffield Dubber!
looks good! :cool:

i'm really liking the grill!  :smiley: goes well with the tinted lights and fogs.

did you get any rubbing on the front with the 205's on? mine catches on right corners on my 205's and i'm only down 60mil, thinking 195's may solve it.

Offline zdebx

• I live here
a badged grill with black slats and black badge

That's gonna look foooking awesome :)

And get some rims!
My Golf mk3 1.8 SE is FOR SALE - Jetex exhaust + Jamex coilies & More...Only £550! More info here > http://www.golfgtiforum.co.uk/index.php?topic=161711.0

Offline dom

• 10k hero
  • Back in a Mk4
Cheers guys :afro:

I'm thinking she's much improved from when I got her  :cool:

looking good mate!  :cool: you sticking with the wheels?

And get some rims!

Rims will be sorted eventually but i'll have spent a lot of money this month. (£140 Coilovers, £200 tyres, £115 tax, £20 wheel bearings, £30 top mounts, £25 oil and filter + £35 alignment = more than half what I paid for the car  :shocked: :cry:)

Looks better

One thing you had the camber and tracking sorted then raised the rear you may find it is now out.

I'd thought about that already, popped into the tyre place after work today to pick up my locking nut and the guy said for me to take it back in on friday and they'll re-check/adjust as necessary free of charge  :smiley:

did you get any rubbing on the front with the 205's on? mine catches on right corners on my 205's and i'm only down 60mil, thinking 195's may solve it.

I literally lowered it then drove straight to the tyre place on my 205's, but didn't get any scrubbing at all. I'm not sure how low mine is at the front, maybe 60mm?? Def not getting scrubbing with the 195's at all   :cool:

Offline DrewGTI

• I live here
Yeah. I spent a fair bit on mine the last few months
so know the feeling! Bloody tax is up end of month too
Which has also gone up! Dunno why as the roads round
here wreck my car!!

What kinda rims ya going for?

Offline dom

• 10k hero
  • Back in a Mk4
Quick update:

Thanks to Khare I also have a pipercross panel filter fitted  :smiley:

I thought i'd resurrect this from a couple of months ago...a list of planned jobs:

Means current list of jobs to be done:

- Fan belt
- Rear wheel bearing
- Dizzy
- Stubby Aerial - Not going to bother for the moment
- Pressed plates (with surrounds) (Almost! Still need pressed plates!)
- Pipercross filter
- Coilovers
- Smoked fogs/indicators
- Exhaust
- Wheels - On hold for the forseable future!

.....not much then!

So current list of jobs:

- Pressed plates
- Rear top mounts
- Black rear badge
- Smoked side repeaters
- Tidy up engine bay

I'm going back to uni in September so wheels might be considered again when I get my student loan  :grin:
« Last Edit: 13 July 2010, 17:06 by dom069 »