Author Topic: Noob GTD owner to be!  (Read 851 times)

Offline TheCarMadDad

• GTI forum regular
Noob GTD owner to be!
« on: 29 January 2014, 20:15 »
Guys, just wanted to say Hi.

I've just ordered a Mk7 GTD in Tornado Red. Extras I've gone for are Keyless Entry, Climate Comfort Screen and of course Advanced Telephone Connection (not that I wanted it!) It's was a t0ss up between the GTD or an Audi A3 2.0TDI S Line. Although the Audi is a good car, the shear level of kit, cracking engine and sleek subtle look of the GTD won me over

Can't wait to get my hands on it. I've been quoted an approx 17 week wait but no official date as yet, although from previous experience with other manufacturers that timescale maybe optimistic.

This will be my first Performance diesel so I'm hoping it'll live up it's reputation. Previously I've had a Subaru Legacy 3.0 Spec B SW, Lexus IS300 (probably the best all rounder I've ever owned!), Seat Leon Cupra R etc etc.... And my current car is...... A Prius! Yup, a Prius (insert jokes here....) Soooo, now that my credibility has gone I'll go and get me coat...

I apologise in advance for some of the stupid questions I'm gonna be asking, particularly around the multimedia side of things
2014 Mk7 Golf GTD 5dr | Tornado Red | Keyless Entry | Climate Comfort Screen > Which means I also have the ATP. Also fitted with DTUK Stage 2 box ...Loving every second behind the wheel!

Previous...
2008 Toyota Prius T Spirit (fastest 0-15mph car I have ever owned :p )
2005 Subaru Legacy 2.5 SW
2003 Lexus IS300
2002 Seat Leon Cupra R

Offline Ap69

• GTI forum regular
Re: Noob GTD owner to be!
« Reply #1 on: 29 January 2014, 20:25 »
Welcome I've got a Gti on order (should arrive tomorrow) and guess what I'm changing from? Yup a Prius :) apart from some limitations prolly the best car I've had, preferable to previous 320 touring and A3 sportback. Ready for a change now going back to gears might be a shock, it's going to be much harder to surf,email and text now the left hand had something to do! (Joke)
Golf Gti 3dr Night Blue Manual

Offline TheCarMadDad

• GTI forum regular
Re: Noob GTD owner to be!
« Reply #2 on: 30 January 2014, 00:04 »
Yes I quite agree. For all the stick they get it has certainly never let me down. I kinda feel guilty for getting rid of it cos it hasn't actually done anything wrong. I got mine a couple of years back when my 2nd was born, went all sensible. Now that faze has gone I'm going back to a bit of fun!

On a side note, did you ever get the feeling that the Prius made you work hard to get the best mpg out of it? Too many variables that could effect economy which bugged the hell out of me; right tyre pressures, ambient temp, air con, heater on, pulse & glide etc etc
2014 Mk7 Golf GTD 5dr | Tornado Red | Keyless Entry | Climate Comfort Screen > Which means I also have the ATP. Also fitted with DTUK Stage 2 box ...Loving every second behind the wheel!

Previous...
2008 Toyota Prius T Spirit (fastest 0-15mph car I have ever owned :p )
2005 Subaru Legacy 2.5 SW
2003 Lexus IS300
2002 Seat Leon Cupra R