Author Topic: Quick Polish  (Read 2160 times)

Offline rskardon

• GTI forum regular
Quick Polish
« on: 17 June 2009, 17:28 »
Hi Guys, what's a good easy to use polish that is readily avaialble (ideally from halfrauds etc)... i want to give the car a Polish, Jetseal and wax (i think tha's the right order) to remove some light swirling on my Dimond Black Mk5,

Thanks,

R

Offline Obvious

• Here all the time
Re: Quick Polish
« Reply #1 on: 17 June 2009, 19:00 »
Auto Glym Super Resin polish does pretty much a cracking job on any colour! Has fillers in to mask swirl marks etc.. They also do an Ultra Deep polish for dark colours but never tried it myself. You can't go wrong with Super Resin though. and 3 for 2 at the mo at Halfrauds on valeting products.

Offline GTiHigh

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #2 on: 17 June 2009, 20:58 »
^ agree.  AG Super Resin Polish is fantastic stuff,  plus you can buy it in Halfords and other Auto shops...  Jetseal over the top will look wicked,  what wax have you got ?

Yip that's the right order you've got there,   have you thought about claying first ?  it's worth doing...  Halfords stock the Megs starter clay kit...

1999 - 1.8T ( AGU )
TB Clean
Forge 007P
Pipercross Panel Filter & Smoothed Airbox
Revo Remap - 190 bhp - 225 Torque

Offline northeast_gti-t

• Serious forum addict
  • "1.8T AGU"
« Reply #3 on: 17 June 2009, 21:35 »
 igot some srp the other day to us on my alloys before sealing them tried a sall area on the car and was impressed just waiting for a decent weekend now i want to polish and wax all the car and i don't look like it will happen this weekend  :cry:
2000 Mkiv GTi 1.8T AGU

Offline GTiHigh

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #4 on: 17 June 2009, 21:51 »
Yeah weather looks sh!t m8,  I was hoping to try some Heritage wax ( getting my hands on a free sample ) over the weekend but the weather doesn't look promising....

Re SRP - the secret to this stuff is to use a small amount and work it into small areas at a time,  work it until it goes clear....   That way it's piss easy to buff off and very little white powder residue..
1999 - 1.8T ( AGU )
TB Clean
Forge 007P
Pipercross Panel Filter & Smoothed Airbox
Revo Remap - 190 bhp - 225 Torque

Offline northeast_gti-t

• Serious forum addict
  • "1.8T AGU"
« Reply #5 on: 17 June 2009, 22:33 »
Yeah weather looks sh!t m8,  I was hoping to try some Heritage wax ( getting my hands on a free sample ) over the weekend but the weather doesn't look promising....

Re SRP - the secret to this stuff is to use a small amount and work it into small areas at a time,  work it until it goes clear....   That way it's piss easy to buff off and very little white powder residue..
nice one cheers for that i will remember that when i get round to polishing  :wink:
2000 Mkiv GTi 1.8T AGU

Offline Conker

• I live here
« Reply #6 on: 18 June 2009, 00:24 »
Auto Glym Super Resin polish does pretty much a cracking job on any colour! Has fillers in to mask swirl marks etc.. They also do an Ultra Deep polish for dark colours but never tried it myself. You can't go wrong with Super Resin though. and 3 for 2 at the mo at Halfrauds on valeting products.

+1

Offline jaydubveedub

• I live here
« Reply #7 on: 18 June 2009, 07:46 »
Yes the SRP is excellent I have been using it for years. I have tried the ultra deep shine but it's hard work. You'd be better off with 2 applications of the SRP.
2003 Passat 1.9 Sport TDI Wagon | Inky Blue | Lots of Wax

Offline rskardon

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #8 on: 18 June 2009, 08:29 »
Thanks Guys i will et some this weekend then, looking forward to restorign the shine  :wink: