Poll

Leaky coolant housing

Yes
1 (100%)
No
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 1

Author Topic: Mk5 GTI coolant housing!!!  (Read 1426 times)

Offline knighttdi

• Not said much yet
Mk5 GTI coolant housing!!!
« on: 06 February 2012, 20:42 »
Just for your info guys after changing the leaking coolant housing on my gti (AXX) engine in the drive do not and i repeat do not go too wild pulling off the servo vacuum pipes with a pointy nose plyers as it results in lots of swearing, bleeding knuckles, and loss of brake pedal once the rubber connectors have snapped,rubbish design from ze germans! Any one else had similar problem? :lipsrsealed:
There are two types of drivers, those who would like to drive golfs, and there are those who do!

Offline MS1COYS

• I live here
  • Alfie 'H' 10-09-11
Re: Mk5 GTI coolant housing!!!
« Reply #1 on: 14 July 2012, 11:19 »
I had a coolant issue, whereby it would always leak on the near side, just under the front corner, of the front valance. It was simply a jubilee clip, done up too tight, that in time made the bacolite piping perish.

But having looked back through the history of my car, I can see that the only, previous, poor woman owner, had spent nearly £300 over the course of a two year period, trying to diagnose the problem with her local VW dealer and probably whole a lot more on coolant and all to no avail......what bastards some of these main dealers are!
 :sick:
Evolution Map / Longlife USA 80mm TBE w/100 cell Sports Cat / ITG Maxogen G60 / Forge Twintercooler/ Forge TB Hose / R8 Coilpacks / EBC D&G Front & Rear Discs / EBC Yellowstuff Pads / BSH PCV Kit / Poly Pro Front & Rear / W.A.L.K / APR Torque Arm / 034Motorsport Density Line Engine Mounts / Vibratechnics Subframe Mount / Vibratechnics Dogbone Bush

292bhp / 287lbft