Author Topic: What detailing have you done today?  (Read 556201 times)

Offline Booth11

• Serious forum addict
Re: What detailing have you done today?
« Reply #1020 on: 08 May 2017, 10:26 »
^^ Definitely rocking its mojo.  Fab!
Black Beauty: MK7 R 5dr DSG, DBP, 19" Pretoria, DCC, Vienna leather, Keyless, Dynaudio, DNS Pro, Rear camera, HBA
2012 MK6 GTI DSG
2008 MK5 GTI DSG
2005 MK5 GTI Manual

https://www.flickr.com/photos/booth11

Offline Sootchucker

• I live here
« Reply #1021 on: 08 May 2017, 11:38 »
Thanks Rebecca - no idea why all the images came out different sizes BTW ?
2022 Tiguan R-Line 2.0 TSI 4-Motion. Nightshade blue, pano roof, IQ lights, Nav Pro, Harmon Kardon, Heated Windscreen, Heated rear seats, Wireless charging, Heads up display, dual height boot floor, Keyless with electric tailgate, Electronic TPMS, underbody protection, Area View Cameras

Offline Booth11

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #1022 on: 08 May 2017, 11:59 »
Thanks Rebecca - no idea why all the images came out different sizes BTW ?

No idea why it's resizing some images, but it's been doing the same randomly with some of mine for the last few posts, and I'm having to go into the post and type in the correct image size to stop them showing as stretched or squashed up.  Same problems with rotation of some images.  Not sure what the issue is but it's not the photo hosting site, seems to be this forum, as I have no problems posting up elsewhere.
« Last Edit: 08 May 2017, 12:06 by Booth11 »
Black Beauty: MK7 R 5dr DSG, DBP, 19" Pretoria, DCC, Vienna leather, Keyless, Dynaudio, DNS Pro, Rear camera, HBA
2012 MK6 GTI DSG
2008 MK5 GTI DSG
2005 MK5 GTI Manual

Offline jv

• Administrator
  • Serious forum addict
« Reply #1023 on: 08 May 2017, 12:16 »
If they are over a certain width it scales the images back - if you click on the images in restores them to full size.

Stunning work as always from the cleaning :nerd:
Buy site stuff!
GolfGTI.co.uk - merchandise

Support the forum charity!
Forum Charity

Offline Sootchucker

• I live here
« Reply #1024 on: 08 May 2017, 13:14 »
pics sizes all sorted now - thanks.
2022 Tiguan R-Line 2.0 TSI 4-Motion. Nightshade blue, pano roof, IQ lights, Nav Pro, Harmon Kardon, Heated Windscreen, Heated rear seats, Wireless charging, Heads up display, dual height boot floor, Keyless with electric tailgate, Electronic TPMS, underbody protection, Area View Cameras

Offline Watts

• Forum addict
« Reply #1025 on: 12 May 2017, 17:24 »
Wanted to give it a wash today but there were intermittent showers with the constant threat inbetween :angry: So, rather than waste the day I concentrated on the really grubby lower parts, wheels, plastics and exhaust tips. Not ideal but at least if I get a chance at the weekend I can just do the bodywork and glass. Removed all the wheelnut covers and gave them a clean too plus the wheels were finished off with a spray of QD. Was also pleased to discover that two wheels (touchwood) are yet to be kerbed albeit they are the two buckled ones  :rolleyes: but all wheels have small chips and scratches - another year perhaps and then they will need a refurb however I think they are holding up quite well.

I like this FK Top Kote, gives a good clean non-shiny finish and does a great job on all the glass surrounds too.

2019 Oryx White 5dr TCR.

Was - 2015 Tornado Red 3dr GTI PP, manual, Santiagos, Audi short shifter.

Offline SRGTD

• I live here
« Reply #1026 on: 12 May 2017, 19:28 »

I like this FK Top Kote, gives a good clean non-shiny finish and does a great job on all the glass surrounds too.

@Watts, the vagaries of the British weather :angry:. Fortunately, I had ideal weather conditions earlier this week for washing my car; dry, dull and overcast / no sunshine so no problem with warm paintwork or water spots.

+1 for FK Top Kote. Used it on the black grained plastic parts (rear diffuser, sills and front lip) and dressed the tyres with it earlier this week when I washed my car; forgot to do the wheel bolt covers though!  :embarrassed:. Really like this product and it's non-shiny finish, and it has good durability too. I don't use it after every wash (I find it's not necessary), so a bottle lasts me ages.
2020 Polo GTI Plus; Pure White, DSG (because they all are)
Gone but not forgotten;
2016 Polo GTI; Blue Silk
2011 mk6 Golf GTD; Carbon Grey
2007 mk5 Golf GT (2.0 170bhp TDI version); Deep Black Pearl
2002  mk4 Golf GTI (the 150 bhp diesel version); Deep Black Pearl

Offline Watts

• Forum addict
« Reply #1027 on: 12 May 2017, 19:46 »
forgot to do the wheel bolt covers though!  :embarrassed:.

Embarrassed? So you should be!  :laugh: Not seen much of your pocket rocket recently - all going well?
2019 Oryx White 5dr TCR.

Was - 2015 Tornado Red 3dr GTI PP, manual, Santiagos, Audi short shifter.

Offline SRGTD

• I live here
« Reply #1028 on: 12 May 2017, 21:17 »
forgot to do the wheel bolt covers though!  :embarrassed:.

Embarrassed? So you should be!  :laugh: Not seen much of your pocket rocket recently - all going well?

Ha ha - I did wash them; just forgot to dress them. The pocket rocket's fine; going really well and still puts a smile on my face when I drive it :smiley:.

I didn't post any pictures from this week's cleaning efforts as they'd be pretty much the same as the previous ones. One thing I will say though is that I'm pretty impressed with the Fusso 12 Months Wax that I applied when I did my post-winter detail a couple of months ago. Water repellency and beading is as good as it was just after I applied the Fusso, and the dirt doesn't seem to stick to the paintwork. Makes regular maintenance washes easy :smiley:. I try and video the water repellency and beading next time I clean it, although I'm not very good at video-ing and using the pressure washer at the same time!
2020 Polo GTI Plus; Pure White, DSG (because they all are)
Gone but not forgotten;
2016 Polo GTI; Blue Silk
2011 mk6 Golf GTD; Carbon Grey
2007 mk5 Golf GT (2.0 170bhp TDI version); Deep Black Pearl
2002  mk4 Golf GTI (the 150 bhp diesel version); Deep Black Pearl

Offline Booth11

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #1029 on: 12 May 2017, 21:42 »
@Watts - nice job and attention to detail (well it is the name of it after all, lol).   The FK Top Cote looks a good product.  I like Aerospace 303 for these types of jobs.  Have you tried the FK TC on window rubbers yet? 

I haven't done any detailing today but the overnight rain kinda did it for me.  Car was covered in a layer of yellow pollen (find this time of year worse than winter because of pollen), but it rained all night and by morning the pollen was gone and most of the other dirt had been washed off too, bonus.

A bit of bonnet beading just before I took off and blasted it off!

2012 MK6 GTI DSG
2008 MK5 GTI DSG
2005 MK5 GTI Manual