Author Topic: Vag Tacho  (Read 8240 times)

Offline G60GTI16V

• I live here
  • GTI Mk1, 2, 3, 4 now VRS Hell Yea!
Vag Tacho
« on: 31 March 2010, 17:14 »
I want to get this working so i can make adjustments but cant seem to find anywhere to download a new version like 2.5. i got a v1.1 but it does not seem to work. any ideas?
also will it work with my standard 10 quid ebay cable which i can run vag com on?

Offline Jay

• Forum addict
  • balding fat cvnt
Re: Vag Tacho
« Reply #1 on: 31 March 2010, 17:31 »
I've read of some VAG COM ebay cables working with VAG Tacho, but tbh it probably won't work. I've seen VAG Tacho cables going for £25 on ebay if that helps.
Passat B5.5 2.3 V5 170, with all the extras.

Want some online storage? Click here to sign up for a Dropbox account.

But for the purest engine experience, displacement has no replacement. All other methods are simply attempts to artificially recreate the benefits of displacement.

Offline G60GTI16V

• I live here
« Reply #2 on: 31 March 2010, 18:08 »
what is the difference? i bet it has exact same pin configuration etc...
where can i get decent vag tacho software on the dwnld :evil: ?

Offline Jay

• Forum addict
  • balding fat cvnt
« Reply #3 on: 31 March 2010, 19:30 »
The pin configuration is the same (16 pin(?) ODBII connector ) but it's the electronics in the connector end of the cable that is different to the vag tacho cable in most cases.

But for the purest engine experience, displacement has no replacement. All other methods are simply attempts to artificially recreate the benefits of displacement.

Offline richw911

• 10k hero
  • The Linkmeister and an OEM Freak.
« Reply #4 on: 31 March 2010, 20:55 »
A vag com lead wont work with vag tacho software  :smiley:

MKIV Mod Squad™ a part of the headlight police.

Offline topher

• Administrator
  • Serious forum addict
  • fully functioning
« Reply #5 on: 31 March 2010, 21:14 »
my tacho lead has some sort of circuitry in it. im not sure if the ebay ripoff ones are the same or just use a generic obd usb lead and deal with the the electronics with some software hacks. if the latter then you can get drivers to use your vagcom lead as a generic obd lead... never tried it myself though.

Offline Jay

• Forum addict
  • balding fat cvnt
« Reply #6 on: 31 March 2010, 22:58 »
I'll give that a crack toph, not sure if I'll plug it into mine or someone elses when I test it :evil: Can't have my car being bricked now can I?  :rolleyes:

Offline rubjonny

• 10k hero
  • Hello, my name is John and I'm a dub addict.
« Reply #7 on: 01 April 2010, 12:09 »
if its a dodgy ebay cable be carefull! the later versions of vag-tacho can wipe the firmware on the cables if it sees that its a dodgy one
Hello my name is John and I'm a dub addict.

Offline G60GTI16V

• I live here
« Reply #8 on: 02 April 2010, 17:04 »
there is a circuit board in my ebay usb cable, only 4 of the pins on the odb side are connected to the pcb inside. where can i get the vag tacho software from i only got v1.1 and it keeps sayin k-line not found and wont connect to anything  :angry:

Offline topher

• Administrator
  • Serious forum addict
  • fully functioning
« Reply #9 on: 02 April 2010, 19:17 »
AGU? possibly because there is no live on the kline pin for that ecu. Could always put a wire from the battery to pin 43 on the ecu to test. See if you can try it on an aum first though, the cable itself might be screwed.