Author Topic: The DVLA Information Thread  (Read 134480 times)

Offline SoundillusioN

• 10k hero
  • If I can't fix it at home, it ain't getting fixed.
Re: The DVLA Information Thread
« Reply #60 on: 13 August 2010, 14:23 »
Hi BWL,

I have a MK1 golf SORN, has a private plate (Irish one)... I want to give the plate to someone and either get the original back on the car (don't know what it was) or at least an "A" plate which is what it should have..

What are the best steps to achieve this?

Offline bored_Welsh_lad

• I live here
« Reply #61 on: 06 September 2010, 17:11 »
This is one we are really struggling to work out between us...normally to remove a plate to sell at a personal plate then the vehicle will get an age related mark. The "original" mark you talk of is actually the irish mark on the car, that is the plate that has always been on the car.

I would go in and speak to the Local Office. They will have all the paperwork there...
Mk3 Golf Gti:Full Milltek system and Decat,K&N filter,mk2 Cam,-1.5 degree camber shims, borbet a's, toyo proxies,hot tuning coils, brembo vented discs, greenstuff pads...Soon to have Eaton Power

mk3 16v 5dr Gti,mintex extreme pads,drilled/grooved discs,lowered,cat back powerflow system,omp panel filter with modified airbox,debadged grill, started prep for spraying, lots to come :D

Bumper Vents :D

Offline SoundillusioN

• 10k hero
  • If I can't fix it at home, it ain't getting fixed.
« Reply #62 on: 10 September 2010, 17:30 »
This is one we are really struggling to work out between us...normally to remove a plate to sell at a personal plate then the vehicle will get an age related mark. The "original" mark you talk of is actually the irish mark on the car, that is the plate that has always been on the car.

I would go in and speak to the Local Office. They will have all the paperwork there...
Thanks for the info, are you sure about the reg being the original because i dont believe it is...  how can you tell as i didnt mention what the mark was?

Offline rcsammy

• Here all the time
« Reply #63 on: 10 September 2010, 17:40 »
Quick question, my golf is currently declared SORN
its just passed MOT so im going to insure it and then get it taxed again.

Do i just take all my documents to a normal post office and do it like normal? someone said i have to go to one of the head post offices or somthing

Offline JC

• Global Moderator
  • 10k hero
  • Back in the North.
« Reply #64 on: 10 September 2010, 17:43 »
i just went to my usual post office,

just took the V5 - they scanned the bar code

confirmed it was on a SORN

paid the money

away i went  :wink:

Offline the_stink

• Forum addict
  • A3 140 TDI
« Reply #65 on: 12 September 2010, 12:37 »
ive got one question,

I still as yet havent had the V5 for my MKii i really need to get the form from the post office to get a new one, but the thing thats confused me is that i got a ltr about 2 months ago from the police as they saw my stereo in my car and sent a ltr to say that it was a 'theft' risk left on show etc etc but the only way to find out i was the owner was by checking the reg num as it was on the ltr as well. So this suggests that the DVLA have me as the reg owner/keeper but I still ahvent had a V5  :undecided:

Offline *tell*

• I live here
« Reply #66 on: 02 October 2010, 19:28 »
i have a question sent my driving licence off (medical resons) and havent had it back. Is
there a direct number to contact?
thanks tell.

Offline bored_Welsh_lad

• I live here
« Reply #67 on: 04 October 2010, 20:56 »
i have a question sent my driving licence off (medical resons) and havent had it back. Is
there a direct number to contact?
thanks tell.
As per page 1...

The DVLA is split into two parts.. Drivers and Vehicles.. and they both work independent of each other.. There are two enquiry lines Driving related queries are on 0300 790 6801... And Vehicle related queries are on 0300 790 6802...Staffed telephone enquiry hours: 8:00 am - 8:30 pm Monday to Friday and 8:00 am - 5.30 pm on Saturday. Outside these times you normally will be able to listen to a variety of messages covering the most commonly asked question on driver and vehicle licensing and vehicle registration
Mk3 Golf Gti:Full Milltek system and Decat,K&N filter,mk2 Cam,-1.5 degree camber shims, borbet a's, toyo proxies,hot tuning coils, brembo vented discs, greenstuff pads...Soon to have Eaton Power

mk3 16v 5dr Gti,mintex extreme pads,drilled/grooved discs,lowered,cat back powerflow system,omp panel filter with modified airbox,debadged grill, started prep for spraying, lots to come :D

Offline bored_Welsh_lad

• I live here
« Reply #68 on: 04 October 2010, 20:57 »

Thanks for the info, are you sure about the reg being the original because i dont believe it is...  how can you tell as i didnt mention what the mark was?

By an Irish mark i assume you mean something like "RAZ 5437" which would actually be registered as a UK car from northern ireland, it would be the plate that originally came on the car.

Offline *tell*

• I live here
« Reply #69 on: 05 October 2010, 09:05 »
thank you for the reply  :smiley: