Author Topic: Car is water logged!!!  (Read 7814 times)

Offline Ben_1uk

• I live here
Re: Car is water logged!!!
« Reply #10 on: 05 September 2008, 09:59 »
£10 says its the nipples in your door shuts 

What exaxtly are those nipples for? My windows sometimes steam up more than I would expect them to (if that makes sense) and I'm wondering if the nipples may need a squeeze :wink:

Powered by the fuel of satan!

Offline GTi-Matt

• I live here
« Reply #11 on: 05 September 2008, 10:02 »
my windows are like that as soon as it rains and other people are in the car it steams up!!!

i need to squeeze nipples, but where are they!!!
I must warn you I'm about as decisive as a 5 yr old in a sweet shop!!  :grin:

Offline Ben_1uk

• I live here
« Reply #12 on: 05 September 2008, 10:06 »
i need to squeeze nipples, but where are they!!!

Door hinges

Powered by the fuel of satan!

Offline T_J_G

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #13 on: 05 September 2008, 10:18 »
If it is that, reckon it could be connected to VW dismantling my car the other week to fix the lock?
No

The nipples are there to release the water but they get clogged up open your door and where the hinge is there should be a black thing poking out, give it a squeeze.

Offline bobbarley

• Serious forum addict
  • I'm kind of a big deal...
« Reply #14 on: 05 September 2008, 16:00 »
Well I went and looked and there are no little rubber nipples anywhere near the hinges, not a single one.

I got as much of the water out of the foot well as I could, over a litre, but it was still soaking  It's just thrown it down again, and now the rear of the rear left foot well is once again completely saturated with a litre or two of water.

As mentioned everything around the foot well is bone dry, so is the door and seats.  I really at clueless as to what's causing it :(

Offline Ben_1uk

• I live here
« Reply #15 on: 05 September 2008, 16:05 »
I'll try and get a pic up tonight mate...

Just another thought - I had a similar problem with my very first car. I had passengers complaining that the back seat was wet but there was no way water could be getting in. However when I popped the boot and lifted the carpet, it was clear to see. The numpty who owned the car before me had drilled a hole in the boot floor to (presumably) let any water out that got in (must've had a similar problem in the past), but it made things ten times worse. The spray from the road was coming up through the hole, filling the spare wheel well and trickling forward everytime I used the brake before coming to rest underneath the rear seats.

Have you lifted the carpets in the back and looked for any holes or anything like where water could get in???
« Last Edit: 05 September 2008, 16:23 by Ben_1uk »