Author Topic: So the cars starting to come together and then some dipsh!t rear end it...  (Read 6500 times)

Offline D1andonlyantman

• GTI forum regular
I was thinking about that but a mechanic friend of mine said because the c pillar needs replacing it ain't worth it. Also if it don't drive right there's probably some quite bad chassis or suspension damage. It's a bit much for me to take on I reckon.
MKIV AUQ - RamAir Induction Kit, Forge007p, (Custom Exhaust, Decent TIP, N249 Bypass and remap coming soon)

TRASHED BY SOME BELLEND WHO CANT DRIVE

Replaced with Leon Cupra 225, RamAir CAI, Forge 007p, Badger5 TIP, N249 bypass, Scorpion Decat and Catback, R-tech remap pushing approx 275bhp :-)

Offline barrym381

• Forum addict
I was thinking about that but a mechanic friend of mine said because the c pillar needs replacing it ain't worth it. Also if it don't drive right there's probably some quite bad chassis or suspension damage. It's a bit much for me to take on I reckon.
might be worth it for the bits  :wink: always worth asking

Offline D1andonlyantman

• GTI forum regular
Yeah you're right, I'll ask. I want to get a new one before they take this one so I can swap the MAF too. Bought a new one not long ago
MKIV AUQ - RamAir Induction Kit, Forge007p, (Custom Exhaust, Decent TIP, N249 Bypass and remap coming soon)

Replaced with Leon Cupra 225, RamAir CAI, Forge 007p, Badger5 TIP, N249 bypass, Scorpion Decat and Catback, R-tech remap pushing approx 275bhp :-)

Offline barrym381

• Forum addict
Yeah you're right, I'll ask. I want to get a new one before they take this one so I can swap the MAF too. Bought a new one not long ago
:grin: :grin: a would just break the full car if they are giving you it cheap enough done it loads of times

Offline D1andonlyantman

• GTI forum regular
I think breaking a car is a bit more than I could handle really tbh

Offline barrym381

• Forum addict
I think breaking a car is a bit more than I could handle really tbh
pm me a price if they do write it off  :wink:

Offline D1andonlyantman

• GTI forum regular
Haha no problem.

Offline barrym381

• Forum addict
is it another mk4 you are after  :smiley:

Offline D1andonlyantman

• GTI forum regular
Yeah another 180. Already got some brembos so need the same car plus the 25% power increase I'm allowed is more on a 180 than a 150 obviously :)

Offline barrym381

• Forum addict
Yeah another 180. Already got some brembos so need the same car plus the 25% power increase I'm allowed is more on a 180 than a 150 obviously :)
your policy will end when they write the golf off so you could use another company that allows more  :wink: