Author Topic: So the cars starting to come together and then some dipsh!t rear end it...  (Read 6499 times)

Offline barrym381

• Forum addict
Gutted for you mate. Had that happen to my gti few years back :angry:

If it will only cost 200-300 to repair then buy it back thats i did my gti and kept it 3 years on :grin:
to repair the rear quarter with a decent job you will be a lot more than that  :smiley:

Offline Wayne

• Sir Postalot
Gutted for you mate. Had that happen to my gti few years back :angry:

If it will only cost 200-300 to repair then buy it back thats i did my gti and kept it 3 years on :grin:
to repair the rear quarter with a decent job you will be a lot more than that  :smiley:

Agreed, rear quarter is very expensive to sort to a high standard.

Offline D1andonlyantman

• GTI forum regular
Alright fellas. I've seen a 2001 180 in thinking about buying. Were there any revisions on the later ones or am I good buying a 2001 instead of a 2003 like the one I've got now?

Thanks
MKIV AUQ - RamAir Induction Kit, Forge007p, (Custom Exhaust, Decent TIP, N249 Bypass and remap coming soon)

TRASHED BY SOME BELLEND WHO CANT DRIVE

Replaced with Leon Cupra 225, RamAir CAI, Forge 007p, Badger5 TIP, N249 bypass, Scorpion Decat and Catback, R-tech remap pushing approx 275bhp :-)

Offline barrym381

• Forum addict
Alright fellas. I've seen a 2001 180 in thinking about buying. Were there any revisions on the later ones or am I good buying a 2001 instead of a 2003 like the one I've got now?

Thanks
they never made the 180bhp version in 2001 so the ad must be wrong or the car has been mapped  :smiley:

Offline D1andonlyantman

• GTI forum regular
I thought that. Hrm. That's a bit iffy. The search continues

Thanks
MKIV AUQ - RamAir Induction Kit, Forge007p, (Custom Exhaust, Decent TIP, N249 Bypass and remap coming soon)

Replaced with Leon Cupra 225, RamAir CAI, Forge 007p, Badger5 TIP, N249 bypass, Scorpion Decat and Catback, R-tech remap pushing approx 275bhp :-)

Offline barrym381

• Forum addict
I thought that. Hrm. That's a bit iffy. The search continues

Thanks
has your car been written off then  :sad:

Offline D1andonlyantman

• GTI forum regular
Not yet but it's a mess and my girlfriend said it doesn't drive properly so there's probably some suspension or chassis damage I guess. I'm pretty confident it's done for :-( I'm not one to hang about, I'll just get another and wait for some money to come my way. Life goes on

Offline barrym381

• Forum addict
Not yet but it's a mess and my girlfriend said it doesn't drive properly so there's probably some suspension or chassis damage I guess. I'm pretty confident it's done for :-( I'm not one to hang about, I'll just get another and wait for some money to come my way. Life goes on
as long as everyone is ok the car can be replaced any pictures of the damage  :smiley:

Offline D1andonlyantman

• GTI forum regular
My girlfriend said she really aches today so will probably get some compo. Only got this crappy pic on my phone but you get the jist of the damage. You can see the bulge in the arch

Offline barrym381

• Forum addict
My girlfriend said she really aches today so will probably get some compo. Only got this crappy pic on my phone but you get the jist of the damage. You can see the bulge in the arch

ask the insurance company how much they want for it if they write it off  :smiley: