Author Topic: Car wouldn't start [NEW RELAY QUESTION]  (Read 19131 times)

Offline godsANGER

• I live here
  • The black Money PIT - TDi ARG MONSTER! lol
Car wouldn't start [NEW RELAY QUESTION]
« on: 19 July 2010, 22:54 »
Oks i went to my mates today after work to see if i needed to weld my rear exhaust bracket and parked up on the main road out side his and went to put it on his drive and it wouldn't start was turning over but wasn't kicking in.

Nothing came up on dash just the normal icons, nothing on the Screen on the Clocks. Just wouldn't start so pooped the bonnet had a poke around could't see any leaks nothing untoward in there so put window down turned key . . .Started perfectly !  :undecided:

Could this be down to my MAF ? if not any ideas?

Thanks in advance.
« Last Edit: 07 August 2010, 12:06 by godsANGER »

Repairs Since 12/09 = £1860.00  *  Follow me on INSTAGRAM = w_all_ace
! thePOORmansBUILD !

Offline godsANGER

• I live here
Re: Car wouldn't start
« Reply #1 on: 20 July 2010, 08:30 »
Morning everyone :smiley:

Any one got any ideas on why my car wouldn't start yesterday?

Thanks

! thePOORmansBUILD !

Offline linz

• I live here
  • vee-dub
« Reply #2 on: 20 July 2010, 09:18 »
my car does tht when i pop a boost pipe ;)

normally its down to air or fueling if it continues you may wanna put her on a reader :)

Offline godsANGER

• I live here
« Reply #3 on: 20 July 2010, 18:01 »
my car does tht when i pop a boost pipe ;)

normally its down to air or fueling if it continues you may wanna put her on a reader :)

M.O.T Tomorrow and its getting scanned then so ill find out tomorrow, Thanks  :smiley:

! thePOORmansBUILD !

Offline linz

• I live here
  • vee-dub
« Reply #4 on: 20 July 2010, 19:29 »
argh the dreaded mot lol well lets just hope she was just having a funny 5 mins

Offline godsANGER

• I live here
« Reply #5 on: 20 July 2010, 21:17 »
argh the dreaded mot lol well lets just hope she was just having a funny 5 mins
my cars had a funny 8mouths lol not confidant on a pass i am expecting a fail lol PESSIMISM  :evil:

! thePOORmansBUILD !

Offline godsANGER

• I live here
« Reply #6 on: 22 July 2010, 20:56 »
Ok put my MOT back till today, but on the way to the garage i pulled up at a garage to get a drink and . . WOULDN'T F$&KING START AGAIN !  :angry:  :angry:  :angry:
same as before, just wouldn't START

Then . . . The heavens opened and then i had to push the SHED  :grin:  around the corner as the garage had a delivery so i was nice and wet same as the drivers side seat.

So got the guy from my garage to come to the garage to have a look about 60min round trip he got there and it started 1st time  :undecided:  so the day just was getting better. [sarcasm]
Got to the garage got it on the scanner and it said couldn't communicate with the ECU . Got the plastic from round the wipers off and there was Loads of water. the wires were soaked and the White box was also wet ECU looked dry. cleaned it up and and dyed the area.
Then i got picked up by one of the guys from work in work van 4 hours late to work, no car and i was wet so was not happy.

But then the guy rang me said he had put the car in for the M.O.T and only Failed on the Tyer which was Foobard as you can see.

He's sorted my a tyre £10  :laugh: getting the mounts sorted and welding. so Should be a PASS tomorrow

But still have to sort out why it was flooding what's in the white box under the wipers? and any ideas how i can stop it from flooding again. and if there is water in the white box do i have to replace it ?

Thanks

! thePOORmansBUILD !

Offline linz

• I live here
  • vee-dub
« Reply #7 on: 22 July 2010, 21:48 »
white box? lil confused by what u said but you will need to try an locate exactly where the water is getting in ....

glad she was all gd for mot though even though she did have a laugh at your expense  :evil:

Offline godsANGER

• I live here
« Reply #8 on: 22 July 2010, 22:05 »
white box? lil confused by what u said but you will need to try an locate exactly where the water is getting in ....

glad she was all gd for mot though even though she did have a laugh at your expense  :evil:

yer under the wipers theirs a white box [Relays possibility ?]

hopefully picking it up tomorrow after work but not putting my hopes on it as knowing my luck it would probably just explode before i got there lol

! thePOORmansBUILD !

Offline godsANGER

• I live here
« Reply #9 on: 23 July 2010, 01:11 »

This is the "white box" Relay box in red which probably has water damage of sorts as it had a lot of water on it.

two questions how much damage could it have done as in what would/may have to replace what's the costs

Also the part in blue Grommet that's the part that goes round the wires that go in to the Relay box? is it water proof and would it be worth replacing?

! thePOORmansBUILD !