Author Topic: miltek ordered :)....NOW ITS A GROUP BUY £472/£452 need 4 more people pg7  (Read 4402 times)

Offline nadlad

• I live here
  • Building Surveyor MRICS
just ordered this from uk performance, the guy says there the no1 milltek retailer in UK,

hes doign it for £385 inc fitting and cutting the valence, has anyone used them before?

http://www.uk-performance.com/catback-exhaust-system-resonated-twin-tailpipes-p-361.html
« Last Edit: 16 October 2009, 11:06 by nadlad »

<<<Big Build Thread>>>

Offline Rhyso

• Global Moderator
  • Sir Postalot
Re: miltek ordered :)
« Reply #1 on: 15 October 2009, 10:27 »
Never heard of them  :undecided:

You gone for resonated or non-resonated??

Also get the downpipe whilst you're there as that gives the biggest gains  :wink:

Offline nadlad

• I live here
« Reply #2 on: 15 October 2009, 10:31 »
now then rhys,

i went for resonated, i cant afford the downpipe yet, but the guy was really good on the phone, he just sounded really friendly and a good salesman i guess, plus hes in wakefield which is 20mins from york, wheras JBS they were doign it for 378, plus 1hr labour to cut the valence and the guy was in my opion a bit arrogant ont he phone, plus there a good hour and a bit away.

he did mention that the down bore pipe gives the biggest gains i probably go back or that later, he aslo said he has cut a few valences in the past and he has a template so it will be right, he just generally sounded right if u know what i mean am sure peopel do it for less but he didnt go on and on and on
« Last Edit: 15 October 2009, 10:57 by Rhyso »

<<<Big Build Thread>>>

Offline nadlad

• I live here
« Reply #3 on: 15 October 2009, 10:33 »
its just sh!t though... i mean i was happy with a 11.99 halfords add on, and now i gone to 385 quid  :laugh:

<<<Big Build Thread>>>

Offline nadlad

• I live here
« Reply #4 on: 15 October 2009, 10:57 »
is the "High flow cat and downpipe" the same as the large bore downpipe or is this 2 different things?  as i thought u have to have a cat on a diesal, just reading through the guide in maintenance.

<<<Big Build Thread>>>

Offline Rhyso

• Global Moderator
  • Sir Postalot
« Reply #5 on: 15 October 2009, 10:59 »
is the "High flow cat and downpipe" the same as the large bore downpipe or is this 2 different things?  as i thought u have to have a cat on a diesal, just reading through the guide in maintenance.

nope

high flow cat is for petrols

Large bore downpipe is for diesels - no need for a CAT on a diesel  :wink:

Offline nadlad

• I live here
« Reply #6 on: 15 October 2009, 11:08 »
cheers so when u refer to saying the biggest gains, u mean on a diesel changing the downpipe for the milltek large bore one and thats it ?

<<<Big Build Thread>>>

Offline Rhyso

• Global Moderator
  • Sir Postalot
« Reply #7 on: 15 October 2009, 11:12 »
cheers so when u refer to saying the biggest gains, u mean on a diesel changing the downpipe for the milltek large bore one and thats it ?

spot on - I've got the downpipe mated to the standard system.

Have a look at the graphs in my project thread and you'll see how the downpipe helps maintain more power for longer

IMO the rest of the system is a waste of money  :smiley:

Though if you want to save a bit of cash for the downpipe check out THS Downpipe

Offline the_stink

• Forum addict
  • A3 140 TDI
« Reply #8 on: 15 October 2009, 11:38 »
good work i would of went for non res get a great note from it but not ott  :cool:

Offline nadlad

• I live here
« Reply #9 on: 15 October 2009, 11:46 »
ave looked at your graph countless times each time its more and more confusing...

what do u mean by with cat and decat i thought u just said diesals dont have a cat.

i cant really tell from ure graphs whats what but it looks liek the "decat" on 4th gear looks stronger but only slightly is that right?

does decat mean with the large bore on and cat mean standard.... id otn get it u just said diesals have no cat?

<<<Big Build Thread>>>