Author Topic: v6 2.8 4motion  (Read 5144 times)

Offline AlanD

• 10k hero
  • MK5 2.0T 16v
Re: v6 2.8 4motion
« Reply #10 on: 04 June 2009, 08:59 »
If you can afford the petrol to run it, get it ! :cool:

Offline Wayne

• Sir Postalot
« Reply #11 on: 04 June 2009, 09:01 »
Go for it.

Offline dubcruiser

• I live here
  • Audi A3 SB S-Line 2.0T Quattro 2007
« Reply #12 on: 04 June 2009, 10:05 »
I have had one and it was nothing but trouble... But then that might of just been the car I had though it did only have 16k on the clock at the time in 2003.

They are good cars though when they run as they should and as said before they are normally well specced. They came with Climate, dimming rear view mirror and auto wipers as standard plus 6 speed box and better brakes. Plus the engines are chain driven so no belt to worry about.

Real world driving will see 25mpg, with 33mpg on a run. Thrash it round town though and you will be down to 15mpg. Point to note with the 4 Motion is the fuel tank is bigger at 63litres over 55litres for the rest of the range. Just remember that they are cheaper to buy now so when you sell don't expect as much as the 1.8T and diesels  :wink:
Scott

Golf GTi 180bhp 6 Speed 2003, Tornado Red, Electric Sunroof, Climatronic, Winter Pack, Black Leather, Santa Monica Alloys, Centre Arm Rest, 6 Disc Changer, R-Tech Remap (Now Sold)
Audi A3 Sportback S-Line 2.0T Quattro 2007, Lava Grey, Exclusive Line Black/Silver Leather, Heated Seats, Bose, RNS-e, Auto Lights, Auto Wipers, iPod Prep, Interior Light Pack

Offline Car nut

• Here all the time
  • The Black Beaver
« Reply #13 on: 04 June 2009, 10:09 »
I have had one and it was nothing but trouble...

I spoke to a guy at one of my sites hes cahnged his Beamer for one he said he now knows his dealership very well  :cry: :cry:

Not saying there all bad.....  :wink:
Daily Hack - '53 - AUM - GTI T  "The Black Beaver" :wink:
Playing with a  Black Beaver   :grin:  -  Updated  -  Wed, Jul 8 2009 4:56 PM 
BMW E39 M5 Individual '02- 400bhp - Sold but not forgotten !
Jaguar E Type S1 FHC 3.8 - Project car on my website in Profile

Offline dubcruiser

• I live here
  • Audi A3 SB S-Line 2.0T Quattro 2007
« Reply #14 on: 04 June 2009, 10:13 »
I have had one and it was nothing but trouble...

I spoke to a guy at one of my sites hes cahnged his Beamer for one he said he now knows his dealership very well  :cry: :cry:

Not saying there all bad.....  :wink:

Funny you should say that as mine ended up in a BMW dealer as a trade in!!! I replaced it with a E46 325i Sport after only 4 months...
Scott

Golf GTi 180bhp 6 Speed 2003, Tornado Red, Electric Sunroof, Climatronic, Winter Pack, Black Leather, Santa Monica Alloys, Centre Arm Rest, 6 Disc Changer, R-Tech Remap (Now Sold)
Audi A3 Sportback S-Line 2.0T Quattro 2007, Lava Grey, Exclusive Line Black/Silver Leather, Heated Seats, Bose, RNS-e, Auto Lights, Auto Wipers, iPod Prep, Interior Light Pack

Offline gjroe78

• I live here
  • http://shop.ebay.co.uk/mattroe2007/m.html
« Reply #15 on: 04 June 2009, 10:20 »
I ran an Abt supercharged V6 for a couple of months and it spent 50 % of that time being tinkered with plus the supercharger spanked the fuel
But when it ran is was fast as fook  :evil:
<br /><br />+ a 1.8T Bora Sport(R-Tech\'ed to 213bhp)

Offline richards golf

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #16 on: 04 June 2009, 10:54 »
lots of different views!!  :grin:

i think if i can get a good price i'll buy it

Offline navmk4gti

• Forum addict
« Reply #17 on: 04 June 2009, 12:34 »
what sort of mpg they given .. that everyone saying there drinkers  :undecided:
theonestopLEDshop - upgrade LED lighting, car badges, wheel caps etc

Facebook/Instagram: @theonestopledshop

Drop me a message for more info and discounts!

Offline navmk4gti

• Forum addict
« Reply #18 on: 04 June 2009, 12:36 »
I have had one and it was nothing but trouble... But then that might of just been the car I had though it did only have 16k on the clock at the time in 2003.

They are good cars though when they run as they should and as said before they are normally well specced. They came with Climate, dimming rear view mirror and auto wipers as standard plus 6 speed box and better brakes. Plus the engines are chain driven so no belt to worry about.

Real world driving will see 25mpg, with 33mpg on a run. Thrash it round town though and you will be down to 15mpg. Point to note with the 4 Motion is the fuel tank is bigger at 63litres over 55litres for the rest of the range. Just remember that they are cheaper to buy now so when you sell don't expect as much as the 1.8T and diesels  :wink:

oop just noticed...sorry never read that   :tongue: ..thats the mpg they give  :shocked:... ill still get one tho! you got too remember its a 4wheel drive car they will drink more and golfs arent exactly light cars  :sad:.. but its the fun you will have in one  :evil:
theonestopLEDshop - upgrade LED lighting, car badges, wheel caps etc

Facebook/Instagram: @theonestopledshop

Drop me a message for more info and discounts!

Offline Steve_PD

• Serious forum addict
  • Cruising around in a Land Cruiser
« Reply #19 on: 04 June 2009, 12:40 »
Now what you want it a TDI 4Motion  :cool: :cool:
I often wonder why people never expect sarcastic comments from me - they're the only reason I speak...