Author Topic: My new dining chairs - now got a complete set!  (Read 8357 times)

Offline Rhyso

• Global Moderator
  • Sir Postalot
My new dining chairs - now got a complete set!
« on: 04 January 2009, 19:02 »
Pics don't make them look that great but they are much cleaner than is suggested!!

Will be collecting the fronts tomorrow - couldn't fit them in the car last night  :grin: :grin:
« Last Edit: 05 January 2009, 19:49 by Rhyso »

Offline richw911

• 10k hero
  • The Linkmeister and an OEM Freak.
Re: My new dining chairs
« Reply #1 on: 04 January 2009, 19:13 »
Looking good  :cool:

MKIV Mod Squadâ„¢ a part of the headlight police.

Offline vapor matt

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #2 on: 04 January 2009, 19:22 »
They look nice a clean :smiley:

Dont think my other half would go for them in the dinning room much, but i can work on her. or do you mean dining chairs as in drive through kentucky!

when they being fitted?
« Last Edit: 04 January 2009, 19:25 by vapor matt »

AGU. DSG intake. Eibach pro s coilovers. 312mm brakes. Miltech D-kat. KO3's. FMIC. R-Tech stage 2 remap. Big smile, bald tyres!

Offline Rhyso

• Global Moderator
  • Sir Postalot
« Reply #3 on: 04 January 2009, 19:26 »

Dont think my other half would go for them in the dinning room much, but i can work on her.

when they being fitted?

indeed - they would have been handy at Christmas  :grin: :grin:

well did have a go at fitting them today but the old ones refused to come out  :rolleyes:  need a bigger persuading tool methinks - they literally are clipped in but i couldn't get the clip to move far enough - its then just a case of pulling them out sideways.

they came out of the donor car in about 5 minutes lol

picking up the fronts tomorrow and will be giving them a good clean as they are filthly - then probably fit them in work the following day - takes 5 minutes to remove the front seats  :smiley:

Offline Dubbz

• I live here
« Reply #4 on: 04 January 2009, 19:33 »
Have you only got normal seats then Rhys? or was it a case of finding some with the blue?  :nerd:
I need some new propper seats.
Where did you find them, and how much did they set you back?
I need cream seats, if anyone see's any give moi a shout. :afro:

2002 TDI se 100bhp-ish Auto/tip Black Magic. :cool:

Offline vapor matt

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #5 on: 04 January 2009, 19:37 »

Dont think my other half would go for them in the dinning room much, but i can work on her.

when they being fitted?

indeed - they would have been handy at Christmas  :grin: :grin:

well did have a go at fitting them today but the old ones refused to come out  :rolleyes:  need a bigger persuading tool methinks - they literally are clipped in but i couldn't get the clip to move far enough - its then just a case of pulling them out sideways.

they came out of the donor car in about 5 minutes lol

picking up the fronts tomorrow and will be giving them a good clean as they are filthly - then probably fit them in work the following day - takes 5 minutes to remove the front seats  :smiley:

Thats typical, donnar car 5 mins and out :smiley:, mind you they should look real good all cleaned up and fitted! dont forget a pic fitted!

finding a clean interior must be quite difficult. right off possibly!

AGU. DSG intake. Eibach pro s coilovers. 312mm brakes. Miltech D-kat. KO3's. FMIC. R-Tech stage 2 remap. Big smile, bald tyres!

Offline Rhyso

• Global Moderator
  • Sir Postalot
« Reply #6 on: 04 January 2009, 19:40 »
Have you only got normal seats then Rhys? or was it a case of finding some with the blue?  :nerd:
I need some new propper seats.
Where did you find them, and how much did they set you back?
I need cream seats, if anyone see's any give moi a shout. :afro:

i've got the cost-cutting 'sport seats' in mine  :sad:  they are comfy but not quite as supportive as the Recaro's - certainly not the fronts anyway! and yeah they are in Blue - been searching for a set for a while but they've all been the black / grey ones and i just don't think it would look right

got them from my good mate Dai Cymru - they are out of his donor car - lets say i got a very good deal :afro:

Thats typical, donnar car 5 mins and out :smiley:, mind you they should look real good all cleaned up and fitted! dont forget a pic fitted!

finding a clean interior must be quite difficult. right off possibly!

don't worry i'll get up some pics :afro:

yeah the drivers side has some waer to it but i reckon its a cheap fix for an upholsterer

the donor car has had a very hard life  :sad:

« Last Edit: 04 January 2009, 19:42 by Rhyso »

Offline Dubbz

• I live here
« Reply #7 on: 04 January 2009, 19:48 »

got them from my good mate Dai Cymru - they are out of his donor car - lets say i got a very good deal :afro: 

Nice, touch.  :cool:
Both the auto GT TDI's i saw had them blue seats in.. 
Will look the mutts nuts when you fit them.

2002 TDI se 100bhp-ish Auto/tip Black Magic. :cool:

Offline dai-cymru

• I live here
  • 1989 MK2 16V
« Reply #8 on: 04 January 2009, 20:30 »
im far to generous  :grin: but part of the deal did include driving me to surrey to get the car in the first place  :cool: and a days labour removing parts to sell and helping remove the engine

Offline Rhyso

• Global Moderator
  • Sir Postalot
« Reply #9 on: 04 January 2009, 20:31 »
im far to generous  :grin: but part of the deal did include driving me to surrey to get the car in the first place  :cool: and a days labour removing parts to sell and helping remove the engine

and more labour in the future haha - i'm gutted i can't help tomorrow  :cry:

will be round for a cuppa after work and to collect the fronts too  :tongue: