Author Topic: Fitting side tension cables  (Read 2044 times)

Offline rzacasperof

• Not said much yet
Re: Fitting side tension cables
« Reply #10 on: 27 August 2006, 11:43 »
Local dealer quoted me £7 each for the cables forget how much the springs were.  There are 2 different kinds I think, difference between early and late models :)

Offline rubjonny

• 10k hero
  • Hello, my name is John and I'm a dub addict.
« Reply #11 on: 28 August 2006, 09:59 »
I've only got paper ones, and theres lots of paper!
For tension cables you really need the proper ones as any old metal cable will rust away in no time at all.

We got our hood and a set of tension cables from this seller, who also included complete instructions:
http://search.ebay.co.uk/_W0QQfgtpZ1QQfrppZ25QQsassZeurotopQ5fdeQQssPageNameZADMEQ3aBQ3aEOIBSAQ3aUKQ3a46

He can even do headlining and the heat insulation that goes under the hood as well!
Hello my name is John and I'm a dub addict.

Offline blgdave

• Not said much yet
« Reply #12 on: 29 August 2006, 09:11 »
Thanks for that.
I was thinking of using plastic coated cable but if they are just £7 a pop its not worth me being my usual Mr Fix-it and spending twice as much to make to make my own!

I already have a replcement roof sorted for my car and by the look of the current sagging on the near side, I would say I am going to need cables a minimum...

CheeRS

Offline rzacasperof

• Not said much yet
« Reply #13 on: 31 August 2006, 14:10 »
Nightmare, just got the cables, fitted one and.........  it's 4" to long :(

Looks like wrong part listed in ETKA for my chasis #.

Dealers getting the other (shorter cables in tomorrow).  On the plus side it's quite an easy job to do :)  took about 10 mins to do one.  I'll take a few photos and knock a quick how to up tomorrow.

Offline gibby

• Forum addict
  • Champions of Europe,ooh ,just the five times then!
« Reply #14 on: 31 August 2006, 14:25 »
Good man. A quick how to with photo's would be cool and then one of the mods can put it in the mk1 maintenance section. :afro:
......now officially dubless.