Author Topic: Looking for a cheap run around not bothored if it need work needs to be cheap  (Read 1486 times)

Offline nhop10

• Not said much yet
  • Mk3 GTi
http://www.golfgtiforum.co.uk/index.php?topic=261521.msg2402942#msg2402942

open to offers. MOT until 10th june 2014. Just needs a new clutch and good to go. comes with original suspension if thats what you want. Located Henley-on-Thames

Mk1 Golf 1.1, 6n Polo 16v, and now an 8v mk3 GTi

Offline Shizzle

• I live here
got any pics and yeah just waiting misses aint got a job yet so not desperate just looking early as getting commission this month  :evil:

MK3 Golf GTI 2.0 16v 3Door Storm Grey

Offline mcgee9t2

• I live here
Heard you can turn pump and boost up on those make em pretty quick.

+1 on the dturbo

and yes you can fit a manual boost controller, think standard they just have a boost controller that cant be adjusted. but its easy to turn the amount of boost up. however thats when things go wrong, know a few people who have had them and turned the boost right up and the turbo not lasted long, know a few lads who have turned the boost up a little and cars have ran for years before they have sold on.

Offline Shizzle

• I live here
yeh d turbo sounds good that golf is just a little to far due to not being able to drive home will be using works truck limited to 60 if im luck thats a long journey lol.

Offline Bellend

• I live here
Peugeot 306 Dturbo, for a little more money, cant go wrong

Thom

Flipping good shout.

Where all my moneys went.

Golf MK3 1.6. Golf MK3 8v GTI.

Offline Thom89

• Forum addict
  • Looking for an "Icebreaker"

DO NOT MESS WITH THE TURBO OR ANYTHING ELSE, REGARDLESS OF WHAT ANYONE SAYS!
IT WILL GO BANG!
JUST DRIVE THE BLOODY THING

Thom

VW BUSH

DO NOT MESS WITH THE TURBO OR ANYTHING ELSE, REGARDLESS OF WHAT ANYONE SAYS!
IT WILL GO BANG!
JUST DRIVE THE BLOODY THING

Thom

Right on. The best thing about the 306 or any diesel pug is the engine. Left to its own devices it will go on forever with massive abuse thrown at it.
Every thing else about the car is french bean tin quality and will rattle off at some point.
I had 406 that just would not die, hateful thing even survived being a pool car. Cheap reliable but horrible motoring

Offline nhop10

• Not said much yet
  • Mk3 GTi
yeh d turbo sounds good that golf is just a little to far due to not being able to drive home will be using works truck limited to 60 if im luck thats a long journey lol.

certainly drivable mate, clutch only started slipping on one of its last journeys before i got the new car. Only really slips when youre heavy with the right foot..

Offline Shizzle

• I live here
problem is im 24 with 6 years no claims no points and still paying 1200 a year on insurance so i cant insure 2 cars and would have to get there insurance rape me round here because i live in LU5 postcode even a 1.2 clio i had was 900 a year.i need to collect cars on trucks till i can get a multi car insurance  :grin:

Offline nhop10

• Not said much yet
  • Mk3 GTi
fair enough pal, well let me know if you cant find anything else