Author Topic: What have you done to your MK 7 today ?  (Read 2828245 times)

Offline Booth11

• Serious forum addict
Re: What have you done to your MK 7 today ?
« Reply #3050 on: 30 September 2015, 19:48 »
R looks amazing, enjoy it you've been very patient waiting for it.

Cracking day for collection too.

Great day to collect it.  Sun shining, perfect.  :cool:

Congratulations on your new arrival Booth! Looks stunning, and that was just a quick wash?! I've much to learn. Have fun!

I will, thanks.   :smiley:  A very quick wash it was.  It needs a good decontamination and full protection, but will have to wait a couple weeks till I can dedicate the time to it. 

Dealer had done as instructed and just peeled off the transport stickers.  Even still had the numbers and writing all over the windscreen and remnants of labels stuck to it.  There lots of glue still on it. Had to drive home with like that.  But worth it as the paintwork is virgin and free from swirls/scratches.  :cool:

Congrats it looks stunning!

Cheers Andy.  I'm thrilled with it.  :smiley:

Congratulations Booth, it looks stunning!! What a long wait you have had to endure. I'm sure you'll have many many miles of happy motoring.  :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

Cheers Craig.  Worth the wait, without a doubt!  :smiley:

That looks fantastic Rebecca. Well worth the wait. Any pictures of the interior?

Cheers SRGTD.  :smiley:  No pics of interior yet as it needs a good clean.  Was very dusty.  I can see that the piano gloss trim is going to be keeping me busy, lol.  A challenge I accept with relish.   :laugh:

Will post some pics of the interior once it's had a good clean.  :smiley:

Great Booth and I do like that purposeful stance from the rear.

Cheers TwoSheds.  :smiley:  No regrets about the black, it is very purposeful and liking the brushed sliver mirrors and lip which lift it just enough, without adding 'bling'.  :cool:
« Last Edit: 30 September 2015, 19:50 by Booth11 »
Black Beauty: MK7 R 5dr DSG, DBP, 19" Pretoria, DCC, Vienna leather, Keyless, Dynaudio, DNS Pro, Rear camera, HBA
2012 MK6 GTI DSG
2008 MK5 GTI DSG
2005 MK5 GTI Manual

https://www.flickr.com/photos/booth11

Offline Booth11

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #3051 on: 30 September 2015, 19:53 »
What a long day!

But I have picked up the new GTI  :laugh:

I will be posting up a more in depth review in the next couple of days and starting a build thread for all the little tweaks and mods I have planned for it; but for now lots of pictures below!

Awesome MX. :cool: Your GTI is so beautiful in white.  Congratulations.  Hope you love yours as much as I love mine!  How was the handover?  Everything you expected? 

Look forward to hearing your thoughts on it.  Similarly, I will post up some thoughts in due course once I've had a chance to settle behind the wheel and get to know it a little better.
Black Beauty: MK7 R 5dr DSG, DBP, 19" Pretoria, DCC, Vienna leather, Keyless, Dynaudio, DNS Pro, Rear camera, HBA
2012 MK6 GTI DSG
2008 MK5 GTI DSG
2005 MK5 GTI Manual

Offline Booth11

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #3052 on: 30 September 2015, 20:02 »

Snip

Snip

And that is why Black is the best colour!!!

I concur!  :laugh:

Reflections don't get any better than DBP.  Just wait till I've detailed and smothered it in my favourite carnauba wax!  :laugh:  :drool: :drool: :drool: :drool: :drool:
2012 MK6 GTI DSG
2008 MK5 GTI DSG
2005 MK5 GTI Manual

Offline Booth11

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #3053 on: 30 September 2015, 20:09 »
Wow Rebecca, I didn't realise your car had finally landed - I'd stopped following all the "Build progress" threads a while ago  :laugh:

It looks stunning, you must be delighted/relieved! Congrats!
e

Thanks Joe.  :smiley:  Yeah I guess once you get the car, the build thread becomes a distant memory.  :laugh:

It's been a hell of a wait, but just driving it for the few miles I've managed today, tells me it's been well worth it.  I even like the soundaktor at the moment, but probably not for too long, lol.

I initially thought the fake noise was too much but maybe I've got used to it, it doesn't bother me now! I thought it was making interior trim vibrate too but I don't notice that now either. Maybe it just settled in a bit or something. I often stick it in Race mode now but I do find Sport (S) in the DSG too severe.... So I'd usually use the paddles myself and change up manually.

I'm liking the fake sound at the moment, but it is the 'honeymoon period' so that might wear off.  In fact I'm almost sure it will.  But in this MiBII in Individual mode you can set interior engine noise to either Sport; Normal or Eco.  Haven't tried it in Eco yet but presumably that turns it down.  Will give that a go tomorrow. 

DSG Sport is always a bit severe.  Hangs onto the gears too long before changing up.  I mainly used it in my old car when I was driving alone as otherwise passengers start giving you puzzling sideways glances, lol.  Did try that today but put it back into normal drive mode.

One thing I must STOP doing is fiddling with the controls/mode selections whilst driving in traffic, otherwise my R might not be in one piece for very long.  :whistle: :laugh:
2012 MK6 GTI DSG
2008 MK5 GTI DSG
2005 MK5 GTI Manual

Offline phope

• I live here
« Reply #3054 on: 30 September 2015, 20:17 »
Very nice R - enjoy :)
Golf Mk8 R order cancelled...awaiting company car instead
Tiguan 1.5 Elegance for the wife & dogs
Skoda 1.5 SEL cheap lease special

Offline Blackmass

• Not said much yet
« Reply #3055 on: 30 September 2015, 20:33 »

Snip

Snip

And that is why Black is the best colour!!!

I concur!  :laugh:

Reflections don't get any better than DBP.  Just wait till I've detailed and smothered it in my favourite carnauba wax!  :laugh:  :drool: :drool: :drool: :drool: :drool:

Congratulations Rebecca it looks stunning....and very mean!
It looks amazing now. I can't wait to see what it looks like after you've detailed it. Enjoy! :-)

Offline Watts

• Forum addict
« Reply #3056 on: 30 September 2015, 20:35 »
What a long day!

But I have picked up the new GTI  :laugh:

I will be posting up a more in depth review in the next couple of days and starting a build thread for all the little tweaks and mods I have planned for it; but for now lots of pictures below!

That looks fantastic! GTIs do look good in white (although I am biased towards red :smiley:). Looking forward to your thoughts and what mods you will go for. Mine is still completely standard except for all the dust and dirt all over :grin:
2019 Oryx White 5dr TCR.

Was - 2015 Tornado Red 3dr GTI PP, manual, Santiagos, Audi short shifter.

Offline Booth11

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #3057 on: 30 September 2015, 20:41 »
Very nice R - enjoy :)

Cheers phone.  Enjoying already!  :cool:
2012 MK6 GTI DSG
2008 MK5 GTI DSG
2005 MK5 GTI Manual

Offline seabrook132

• I live here
« Reply #3058 on: 30 September 2015, 20:42 »
Picked it up!   

After an 8 month wait, picked up my new R this morning.  Efficient, no frills handover at JCB Medway, suited me fine.

Formalities over, started it up and off we went.  Only driven 50 miles so far, but, it's THE BEST first 50 miles in any car I've ever had.  Awesome and exhilarating!!!  It's on another level compared to my Mk6 GTI.  8 months wait melted away with every mile.  Oh, and shod with Conti 5P's!  The R and I are going to have fun.....and then some!

Here's  few pics, after I gave it a quick wash.  I'd asked JCB not to wash or prep it and they duly complied.  In fact it was filthy, lol.  Needs a proper detail but all in good time.

Glad to see you finally have your long awaited arrival Rebecca! It looks just as fantastic as I knew it would. Look forward to seeing a lot more of it in the detailing section soon ;)

Enjoy your new wheels!

2011 GTI DSG 5dr, Tornado Red, 18" Monza Shadows, Heated Leather, RNS-510, MDI, Bilstein B16 PSS10 Coilovers, Ohlins DCC Cancellation Kit, Audi TT-RS Front Top Mounts, Whiteline 24mm Rear ARB, Michelin Pilot Sport 4, 034 Motorsports Street Density Engine and Gearbox Mounts, Audi R8 Red Coil Packs, NGK BKR7EIX, Millers 5W-40 Nanodrive

Offline monkeyhanger

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #3059 on: 30 September 2015, 20:43 »
Das Vaterland has spoken, my R needs a new turbo.
Have you broken it already ?  :grin: I hope you'll be informing Durham service that they've missed a rather important failure.

Sunderland branch seem head and shoulders above Durham experiences.

It was deserted on the sales side in the 2  hours I was there. Hangover from the recent NOx scandal or perhaps no-one looks onto buying a new VW on an early Tuesday morning?

I wonder how quickly that turbo would have failed if I had put a box on it?
Whey ya bugger! It's finally arrived after an 8 month wait....
MK7 R 5 door, manual, Lapiz Blue, Prets.