Author Topic: What have you done to your MK 7 today ?  (Read 2827829 times)

Offline Booth11

• Serious forum addict
Re: What have you done to your MK 7 today ?
« Reply #3010 on: 27 September 2015, 09:53 »
That's two very nice cars you have there! !  .
When is the new R BEAST arriving ?

Sorry Booth I didn't realise this was on another thread.

Was this meant for me?  It was on this thread so thanks Pinky.

R BEAST being collected on Weds!  Taken the day off work so I can take it out for a play.  :laugh:

Back to latest topic....

The A1 is a really smart.  Perfect nifty little car for a new driver. :cool:
Black Beauty: MK7 R 5dr DSG, DBP, 19" Pretoria, DCC, Vienna leather, Keyless, Dynaudio, DNS Pro, Rear camera, HBA
2012 MK6 GTI DSG
2008 MK5 GTI DSG
2005 MK5 GTI Manual

https://www.flickr.com/photos/booth11

Offline Exonian

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #3011 on: 27 September 2015, 10:20 »
Congratulations on the new car MH.
The plastic you are talking about, are you sure that's not the stone guard?
A lot of 3 door cars have these as standard.

http://forums.vwvortex.com/showthread.php?6852396-Protective-film-on-rear-doors-and-around-wheel-well-Remove-it

Its not on my wife's 5 door A1 but on my daughters friends 3 door A1.
My boy has it on his 5 door Suzuki Swift and to be honest it doesn't collect that much grit or indeed has yellowed over the last 8 years.

p3asa: That's the stuff. It's noticeable up close and I can't imagine it looking pristine over time. I'd rather take it off and protect those edges with the fitment of mudguards.

The mk7 Golf 3 doors have this film too, near the rear edge of the door opening.
Yes, after a mucky winter it does attract grit and yes, I'd remove it too.
‘23 8R
Serial white Golf owner

Offline p3asa

• Forum addict
« Reply #3012 on: 27 September 2015, 23:12 »

http://forums.vwvortex.com/showthread.php?6852396-Protective-film-on-rear-doors-and-around-wheel-well-Remove-it

My boy has it on his 5 door Suzuki Swift and to be honest it doesn't collect that much grit or indeed has yellowed over the last 8 years.

p3asa: That's the stuff. It's noticeable up close and I can't imagine it looking pristine over time. I'd rather take it off and protect those edges with the fitment of mudguards.

I'd ask about the anti perforation warranty before removing any film. Knowing how they like to wriggle out of things!!
Personally I'd leave it or have a look at other 3 door A1's a few years old and see what you think.
HIS: R 5dr DSG Lapiz: Tech Pack: Keyless: 90% Tints: Pretorias: Rear View Camera
HERS:  GTI 5dr Manual DBP: Parking Pack: Car-Net App: 90% Privacy Glass. Ordered 05-12-15. Delivered 03-03-16
DONATED TO SON:  GTD 5dr Manual White: Nav Pro: Dynaudio: Winter Pack: Sport & Sound Pack: Rear View Camera: Park Assist. Ordered 19-02-14. Delivered: 07-06-14

Offline monkeyhanger

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #3013 on: 28 September 2015, 11:43 »

I'd ask about the anti perforation warranty before removing any film. Knowing how they like to wriggle out of things!!
Personally I'd leave it or have a look at other 3 door A1's a few years old and see what you think.

I'm getting mudflaps (£63 the set of 4 from my local TPS) and will have the supplying garage remove the film. If there's no stonechips in that area that would be covered by the film they cannot wriggle out of an antiperforation warranty (they might try  :wink:).
Whey ya bugger! It's finally arrived after an 8 month wait....
MK7 R 5 door, manual, Lapiz Blue, Prets.

Offline am1w

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #3014 on: 28 September 2015, 21:43 »
..... as I quit my job ......

Is the sodding Tyne Tunnel involved in your new commute? For all our sakes, I bloody well hope not.
« Last Edit: 28 September 2015, 23:22 by am1w »
RED TORNADO 7R, 5 DR, DSG, DCC, DNS, DYNAUDIO, KI, WP, HBA, LN, SP

Offline monkeyhanger

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #3015 on: 29 September 2015, 07:34 »
..... as I quit my job ......

Is the sodding Tyne Tunnel involved in your new commute? For all our sakes, I bloody well hope not.

Nope, about the same journey length (20 miles), but basically following the mouth of the Tyne 20 miles inland.

I will be heading through the Tyne Tunnel today to go to Pulman Sunderland and have them investigate my 2 instances of EPC lighting since the first one that got wiped when the ACC was replaced. Hoping Sunderland branch will be more Proactive than Durham. Sunderland is half the distance, Durham was handy for my old commute.
DIY the rest of the week for a new stair carpet arriving Friday.

Offline davedodd

• Just got here
« Reply #3016 on: 29 September 2015, 10:25 »
What have I done today? Taken my 1 week old GTI to have the transport pucks removed from the front left suspension unit. Feckin' idiots!!!

Offline Booth11

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #3017 on: 29 September 2015, 12:59 »
What have I done today? Taken my 1 week old GTI to have the transport pucks removed from the front left suspension unit. Feckin' idiots!!!

For God's sake!  Are dealerships STILL missing this!!!  :angry:

First thing on my list to check when I collect my R tommorow.   
Black Beauty: MK7 R 5dr DSG, DBP, 19" Pretoria, DCC, Vienna leather, Keyless, Dynaudio, DNS Pro, Rear camera, HBA
2012 MK6 GTI DSG
2008 MK5 GTI DSG
2005 MK5 GTI Manual

https://www.flickr.com/photos/booth11

Offline monkeyhanger

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #3018 on: 29 September 2015, 14:44 »

You'll probably need new suspension mount bearings as they'll have taken a battering from the pucks. Mine were missed on my Sep 13 GTD.

Offline davedodd

• Just got here
« Reply #3019 on: 29 September 2015, 16:03 »
I've been assured that as it's only done 300 miles it will be okay. I have however, asked for it to be noted on my service history so that should any suspension fault occur on that corner in the future then I won't be paying for it.
Can't believe this still happens.