Author Topic: What have you done to your MK 7 today ?  (Read 2828154 times)

Offline Booth11

• Serious forum addict
Re: What have you done to your MK 7 today ?
« Reply #1350 on: 25 October 2014, 08:11 »
Unfortunately Boothykins they're building about a dozen or more houses in the same road as mine right now so the filth will be with me for quite some time.
I always wanted a brown GTI anyway, honest!

I can't believe a car lover such as you allowed your garage to be turned into a gym? Surely the garage is hallowed ground?!!!
That's true love if ever there was! Or was it just an added excuse to feed your detailing fetiswith extra car cleaning?!!!  :grin:

Anyway, today I beheld my poor lowly GTI covered in mud and building site filth and sighed a sigh of despair  :cry:

Can someone lend me some snow foam?!!!

I have snow foam aplenty, Exon  :wink:

As for the gym, formerly known as the garage.  True love it is.   Or rather keeping him alive and fit as he's had 3 heart attacks, all before the age of 50  :shocked:  :cry:  Yes, life with me is stressful  :grin:  So gym more important than GTI  :smiley:

Think I'd better slope off back to the mk6 section now!
« Last Edit: 25 October 2014, 08:13 by Booth11 »
Black Beauty: MK7 R 5dr DSG, DBP, 19" Pretoria, DCC, Vienna leather, Keyless, Dynaudio, DNS Pro, Rear camera, HBA
2012 MK6 GTI DSG
2008 MK5 GTI DSG
2005 MK5 GTI Manual

https://www.flickr.com/photos/booth11

Offline Exonian

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #1351 on: 25 October 2014, 12:01 »
Good Lord Boothypops, you've worn him out and broken him! Poor fella.

Yep, slope off back there until you've got your R order in!

And today I have dug out my VCDS cable and am updating the software ready to see if I can find any random things that I can activate on the car (just to stay on topic)...
‘23 8R
Serial white Golf owner

Offline JBirchy

• Here all the time
« Reply #1352 on: 26 October 2014, 12:41 »
On my way home from Liverpool I called in at my local VW dealer to see if they had an R demo I might be able to have a go in. They didn't and weren't interested in talking to me either so thats for another day, but whilst there I spotted this in the car park.... Spot the anomaly...

Is this a recent change or is it just a weird one?
MK7 GTI 3-Door DSG, Tornado Red, Discover Nav, Winter Pack, ACC, Keyless Go, Reversing Camera, Service Pack... Ordered 28th Oct... Collected 1st March!

Offline p3asa

• Forum addict
« Reply #1353 on: 26 October 2014, 12:47 »
Its a bit mixed up.
What actually was it?
HIS: R 5dr DSG Lapiz: Tech Pack: Keyless: 90% Tints: Pretorias: Rear View Camera
HERS:  GTI 5dr Manual DBP: Parking Pack: Car-Net App: 90% Privacy Glass. Ordered 05-12-15. Delivered 03-03-16
DONATED TO SON:  GTD 5dr Manual White: Nav Pro: Dynaudio: Winter Pack: Sport & Sound Pack: Rear View Camera: Park Assist. Ordered 19-02-14. Delivered: 07-06-14

Offline GrahamFR

• I live here
« Reply #1354 on: 26 October 2014, 12:50 »
Perhaps it's the new gtdr lol only kidding I have heard of ppl making special requests for the lights etc. That actually looks quite smart too
2007: Leon PD170
2010: Leon CR170
2013: Golf GTI PP
2016: A45 AMG

Offline JBirchy

• Here all the time
« Reply #1355 on: 26 October 2014, 13:55 »
It was a GTD just with the GTI headlights! A GTI wannabe!  :grin:
MK7 GTI 3-Door DSG, Tornado Red, Discover Nav, Winter Pack, ACC, Keyless Go, Reversing Camera, Service Pack... Ordered 28th Oct... Collected 1st March!

Offline monkeyhanger

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #1356 on: 26 October 2014, 15:58 »
Without the red stripe running through the grille it just looks weird, like non-blinking hazards stuck on. Not a good look.
Whey ya bugger! It's finally arrived after an 8 month wait....
MK7 R 5 door, manual, Lapiz Blue, Prets.

Offline Jimble

• Forum addict
« Reply #1357 on: 26 October 2014, 17:53 »
Looks a lot lime someone has bought a GTI but doesn't like the red stripe running through the headlamps, so the dealer has swapped them with that demo GTD?
Currently pootling around in our family wagen, a Tiguan SEL 😂

Offline Exonian

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #1358 on: 26 October 2014, 18:13 »
Or a factory mis build the PDI guys might not even spot!

I'm guessing if it's a leased car the guy/guyette who takes it on will be told "tough poop, live with it"?!!!!
‘23 8R
Serial white Golf owner

Offline GrahamFR

• I live here
« Reply #1359 on: 28 October 2014, 07:31 »
Ok so last night i finally fixed a rattle in my passenger door in an unusual way. The rattle was coming from the shiny black fascia area around the handle, the bit that lights up basically. I noticed that if I pushed against it or the plastic panel it sat in then the rattle stopped.

I had tried fixing it in my usual manner of banging against it with my fist, but strangely this was only making it worse... So I had a brilliant idea. If I put something to the left of my glovebox area, you know the bit that you can pop where you'd expect to find the fuse box, then it would push against the door panel when it was closed and should in theory stop the rattle. Well a quick trip to halfrauds and a couple of adhesive door protectors later and low and behold it works perfectly. However they are ridiculously unsightly and do not blend in as they are clear and look stupid when I open the door, so I did a quick search and decided these would be perfect for the job: http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Fisual-Adhesive-Isolation-Pads-/150615853668?

Just fyi in case anyone has a rattle in their doors that they cant seem to get rid of, check the above and see if it stops. (may have to learn over while driving, so suggest a rather open road :smiley: )
« Last Edit: 28 October 2014, 07:33 by GrahamFR »
2007: Leon PD170
2010: Leon CR170
2013: Golf GTI PP
2016: A45 AMG