Author Topic: WeConnect Deactivation  (Read 2655 times)

Offline gavinl1967

• Not said much yet
WeConnect Deactivation
« on: 05 October 2023, 10:11 »
Morning all.  I’m not sure how many people still use the WeConnect app, but as of 8/11/23 you’ll no longer be able to use it.  I received an email fro VW this morning informing me it will be deactivated from that date.

Looks like we’ll all need to use the Volkswagen app, despite it not being as good 😏

Offline Watts

• Forum addict
Re: WeConnect Deactivation
« Reply #1 on: 05 October 2023, 11:27 »
What do you use it for?
2019 Oryx White 5dr TCR.

Was - 2015 Tornado Red 3dr GTI PP, manual, Santiagos, Audi short shifter.

Offline Adam T7

• I live here
« Reply #2 on: 05 October 2023, 11:32 »
Tells me it’s locked and safe and that’s about it. Tracker / immobiliser gives much more useful data.
MY2019 GTI Mk 7.5 Performance. DSG, 5 Door, Rear Camera, Climate Windscreen and Rear Window Factory Tints, Indium Grey.

Offline gavinl1967

• Not said much yet
« Reply #3 on: 05 October 2023, 12:04 »
Not much really, dip into fuel stats every now and again.  Checking if it locked maybe.

Other than that just letting people know……

Offline Adam T7

• I live here
« Reply #4 on: 05 October 2023, 12:15 »
Not much really, dip into fuel stats every now and again.  Checking if it locked maybe.

Other than that just letting people know……

Same here, I’d rather look at it than look for it. Also got the message yesterday.
MY2019 GTI Mk 7.5 Performance. DSG, 5 Door, Rear Camera, Climate Windscreen and Rear Window Factory Tints, Indium Grey.

Offline Adam T7

• I live here
« Reply #5 on: 05 October 2023, 14:18 »
Just downloaded the new app from the email, the one area of functionality that I use (locked status / windows & doors closed etc.) is N/a (unless it’s me being a bit thick which is not unknown)
Called the VW contact number and was told functionality is still being added (sounded a scripted answer tbh).
Time will tell……..

Offline Watts

• Forum addict
« Reply #6 on: 05 October 2023, 14:53 »
Doesn't sound like I'm missing much then! :smiley:
2019 Oryx White 5dr TCR.

Was - 2015 Tornado Red 3dr GTI PP, manual, Santiagos, Audi short shifter.

Offline Adam T7

• I live here
« Reply #7 on: 05 October 2023, 14:55 »
Doesn't sound like I'm missing much then! :smiley:

Nope, not much.

Offline Exonian

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #8 on: 05 October 2023, 18:18 »
Had the same email myself today but also had a bit of passive aggression from we connect a few weeks ago ordering me to “upgrade” to the new Volkswagen app.
Several weeks on and I’m still of the same opinion, we connect is a much more attractive looking app and easier to navigate quickly.
I’m sure the newer app has most of the same info but it seems like it’s primarily focussed on EV’s and isn’t as nicely presented.
Me no like.
‘23 8R
Serial white Golf owner

Offline Adam T7

• I live here
« Reply #9 on: 05 October 2023, 18:39 »
Had the same email myself today but also had a bit of passive aggression from we connect a few weeks ago ordering me to “upgrade” to the new Volkswagen app.
Several weeks on and I’m still of the same opinion, we connect is a much more attractive looking app and easier to navigate quickly.
I’m sure the newer app has most of the same info but it seems like it’s primarily focussed on EV’s and isn’t as nicely presented.
Me no like.

Hit the nail on the head.