Author Topic: GTI Incoming  (Read 6987 times)

Offline Colh

• GTI forum regular
Re: GTI Incoming
« Reply #20 on: 23 April 2021, 15:52 »
Yeah, going to pass.

Interestingly, I had a similar situation when I got my 7.5 GTI.  They sold me a factory order the day after VW stopped selling the standard GTIs (perf pack only).  Thankfully after some dramas they managed to source one outside of their group.

I'm not sure about Dolphin grey either. It's looked good in some photos I've seen but I've seen it in the metal on a Tiguan and a couple of standard Golfs and it looked very flat to me. Too dull... one of those colours that needs blazing sunshine to look good imo.

Indium grey on the 7.5 was far nicer than either of the current greys imo.

There’s a couple on Auto Trader and they’re just meh.  I thought it was a solid colour at first.  I liked the 7.5 greys but not this one.

Dealer off trying to source a silver or blue one for me.
Current: 2021 MK8 GTI DSG Atlantic Blue
Gone: 2018 MK7.5 GTI Deep Pearl Black
Gone: 2015 MK7 Match Night Blue
Gone: 2010 MK6 GTD Deep Pearl Black
Gone: 2008 MK5 Match Blue

Offline JoeGTI

• I live here
« Reply #21 on: 23 April 2021, 16:33 »
Yeah, going to pass.

Interestingly, I had a similar situation when I got my 7.5 GTI.  They sold me a factory order the day after VW stopped selling the standard GTIs (perf pack only).  Thankfully after some dramas they managed to source one outside of their group.

I'm not sure about Dolphin grey either. It's looked good in some photos I've seen but I've seen it in the metal on a Tiguan and a couple of standard Golfs and it looked very flat to me. Too dull... one of those colours that needs blazing sunshine to look good imo.

Indium grey on the 7.5 was far nicer than either of the current greys imo.

There’s a couple on Auto Trader and they’re just meh.  I thought it was a solid colour at first.  I liked the 7.5 greys but not this one.

Dealer off trying to source a silver or blue one for me.

Agreed.

Atlantic blue is rather lovely too. My wife has it on a T-Roc. Very deep rich looking colour.
MK8 GTI Clubsport. Reflex silver, Estorils, and a few other bits.

Offline Sniffer

• Not said much yet
« Reply #22 on: 23 April 2021, 17:11 »
Snap!

I've had the car over a month now - fabulous to drive and no s/w issues apart from the temp sync issue (I can live with that)!

Looks great!  :smiley:
Did you have ceramic or any other special finish applied to the paint?
Long Since: 1981-84 Mk1 Golf GTI (Black);
Long Since: 1984-86 Mk 2 Golf GTI (White);
Long Since: 1986-88 Scirocco GTX (Graphite)
Gap - The Sensible Years (Mostly)
Gone: 2016-18 Mk 7 Golf GT TDI; (Silver)
Gone: 2018-20 Mk7.5 Golf GTI DSG (Red)
Gone: 2020 - Mk 8 Golf GTI DSG (White)
Gone: 2021 - Mk 8 Golf GTI DSG (Pearl Black),19"Adelaides, Sports Susp and Winter Pack.
2024 - Mk 8 Golf GTI DSG (Kings Red), 19" Adelaides, Sports Susp, Winter Pack & Rear View Camera.

Offline SCourtney

• Just got here
« Reply #23 on: 23 April 2021, 19:06 »
Nothing applied as of yet.

I have to admit I didn't consider any detailing, but from what I have read here, it might be on the to do list.
Current: MK 8 GTI Deep Black

Gone: MK 7.5 GTI red
Gone: MK 5 GTI red

Offline Kenis

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #24 on: 23 April 2021, 21:21 »
After much deliberation and nearly going for reflex I’ve gone for dolphin. Here’s a couple of pictures I took the other week

Ordered Apr-21 Arrived Mar-23: MK8 GTI Clubsport, Dolphin, Estorils plus other options

Offline SRGTD

• I live here
« Reply #25 on: 23 April 2021, 21:42 »
After much deliberation and nearly going for reflex I’ve gone for dolphin. Here’s a couple of pictures I took the other week

IMHO Dolphin Grey looks good in those pictures - both in overcast and sunny conditions. It’d look better without the bird poo on the front driver’s side wing though....... :grin:
2020 Polo GTI Plus; Pure White, DSG (because they all are)
Gone but not forgotten;
2016 Polo GTI; Blue Silk
2011 mk6 Golf GTD; Carbon Grey
2007 mk5 Golf GT (2.0 170bhp TDI version); Deep Black Pearl
2002  mk4 Golf GTI (the 150 bhp diesel version); Deep Black Pearl

Offline fredgroves

• Serious forum addict
  • Professional Um Bongo drinker
« Reply #26 on: 23 April 2021, 21:55 »
It looks best in the shot of it in the sun... When I saw it it was winter and gloomy, it didn't look great then.
Current: Mk8 GTI DSG, Adelaides, DCC, HUD, HK, Winter Pack, Rear Camera.. Aka "HMS Weasel"

Gone: 2017 Mk7.5 GTD,manual, NavPro
Gone: 2014 Mk7 GTD, manual, NavPro, DCC

Offline Kgti8

• Not said much yet
« Reply #27 on: 23 April 2021, 23:18 »
Snap!

I've had the car over a month now - fabulous to drive and no s/w issues apart from the temp sync issue (I can live with that)!

Great to see another Irish car here, same county and garage and all as myself!
2021 MK8 Manual | Oryx White, Estorils, DCC, Winter Pack, HK, Pan Roof, Rear Camera, Vienna Leather

Offline Kgti8

• Not said much yet
« Reply #28 on: 23 April 2021, 23:18 »
Snap!

Great to see another Irish car here, same county and garage and all as myself!
2021 MK8 Manual | Oryx White, Estorils, DCC, Winter Pack, HK, Pan Roof, Rear Camera, Vienna Leather

Offline Colh

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #29 on: 26 April 2021, 17:25 »
Back in business.  Atlantic Blue DSG, Winter Pack and Reversing Camera.  Collecting on Friday  :cool:
Current: 2021 MK8 GTI DSG Atlantic Blue
Gone: 2018 MK7.5 GTI Deep Pearl Black
Gone: 2015 MK7 Match Night Blue
Gone: 2010 MK6 GTD Deep Pearl Black
Gone: 2008 MK5 Match Blue