Author Topic: What is everyones most driving mode setting. Eco, Comfort, Sport or Individual  (Read 7301 times)

Offline Si_Telford

• GTI forum regular
Just interesting to see what each persons favourite driving most is or most used from the choices of Eco, Comfort, Sport or individual.

I currently have mine set and enjoy the below set in individual.

Chassis - Sport
Steering - Comfort
Drive - Sport
Engine sound - Eco (Hear the real engine more)
ACC - Sport
Light Assist - Sport
Air con - Eco

Also like to change to ESC Sport 😎

Offline fredgroves

• Serious forum addict
  • Professional Um Bongo drinker
Usually individual.

DCC set to the middle, engine noise set to Eco (to kill fake noise) and the rest set to comfort.

Unless I fancy some corner chopping action and just drop it into sport mode and hang off the VAQ like Rossi going round a corner  :cool:
Current: Mk8 GTI DSG, Adelaides, DCC, HUD, HK, Winter Pack, Rear Camera.. Aka "HMS Weasel"

Gone: 2017 Mk7.5 GTD,manual, NavPro
Gone: 2014 Mk7 GTD, manual, NavPro, DCC

Offline ar899

• Here all the time
I picked something up in the latest Volkswizard video (R v CS) that the 'mode resets' every time you start up (he was in the R at the time). I may have misheard but is that right? Surely not......

Offline fredgroves

• Serious forum addict
The engine mode won't be in sport when you start up.... same on the mk7.

Current: Mk8 GTI DSG, Adelaides, DCC, HUD, HK, Winter Pack, Rear Camera.. Aka "HMS Weasel"

Offline ar899

• Here all the time
So if you set up an individual mode, does it remember that and start up in that mode every time?

Offline Dave1rs

• GTI forum regular
So if you set up an individual mode, does it remember that and start up in that mode every time?

Yes

Offline Si_Telford

• GTI forum regular
Usually individual.

DCC set to the middle, engine noise set to Eco (to kill fake noise) and the rest set to comfort.

Unless I fancy some corner chopping action and just drop it into sport mode and hang off the VAQ like Rossi going round a corner  :cool:

Ha Ha Fred made me laughs that hang of the VAQ 😂. Fred when your are in those individual
 settings and flick the gear paddle into sport does it just give you essentially all the same settings if you were to select sport as driver mode. Just a quicker way to access ?

Offline Si_Telford

• GTI forum regular
I also watched a video the other night which I don't know how true it is but on the standard GTI without DCC and just the chassis showing to change to comfort or sport that there is no difference whatever what you select and according to VW it was just there in the software.

Offline ar899

• Here all the time

Yes

ta  :smiley:

Offline fredgroves

• Serious forum addict

Yes

Yes but if you have the engine set to "sport" it doesn't actually take effect.

Same with "sport" it remembers its in Sport mode, but to get the engine in sport mode you have to select another mode, then select sport again.

All of the other settings from Individual or Sport mode remain engaged tho - DCC, lights, AC etc etc.

Its probably something about emissions testing.... the test is "turn the car on, measure", so they don't want it screaming.