Author Topic: Best Golf R or CS Discounts  (Read 12015 times)

Offline chas.s

• Not said much yet
Re: Best Golf R or CS Discounts
« Reply #70 on: 25 April 2021, 12:51 »
Hi All,
I see that the best deals for a new Golf from a main dealer are by taking their finance (PCP?), when they will make a contribution, which isn't given on a 'cash' deal.
Having never gone this route before and not wanting to miss the deal, can someone answer the following please:

Having taken out the finance & received their contribution, is it possible to cancel and settle the outstanding amount in cash and how soon after can I do that?

How do I do it & how much interest would I pay?

Thank you in advance for any advice, as this is totally alien to me. Cheers, Chas.
TCR, Pure White, Black roof, Akra exhaust, black 19" Prets, DCC etc.

Gone - 2019, Mk 7.5 PP, 5 door, Manual, Indium Grey, Keyless etc

Offline Guzzle

• I live here
« Reply #71 on: 25 April 2021, 13:15 »
You can withdraw from the finance without penalty in the first 14 days after taking delivery. You will be charged daily interest until you pay off the balance. Make sure you have adequate funds available immediately as you cannot re-enter the finance agreement. 

You can settle the finance at any point after then, but there is an extra months worth if interest charged on top if you go beyond the first 14 days.
7.5 GTD

Offline SRGTD

• I live here
« Reply #72 on: 25 April 2021, 13:20 »
I did it with my current car.

You need to notify VWFS that you wish to exercise your right to withdraw from the PCP contract within 14 days of the start date. You’re effectively exercising your rights under consumer legislation to change your mind within the 14 day cooling off period. I phoned them and they gave me the settlement figure including interest due, and sent me a letter confirming the settlement amount and the methods of payment they’ll accept. You have 30 days to settle in full from the date you notify them you want to exercise your right of withdrawal.

I notified VWFS three days after collecting my car and paid a total of £6.21 Interest (£2.07 per day).

VW will write to you to confirm they no longer have any financial interest in the vehicle once they have processed the withdrawal request and payment has been received and cleared. In my case, I received their letter around a month after transferring the settlement amount to them.
2020 Polo GTI Plus; Pure White, DSG (because they all are)
Gone but not forgotten;
2016 Polo GTI; Blue Silk
2011 mk6 Golf GTD; Carbon Grey
2007 mk5 Golf GT (2.0 170bhp TDI version); Deep Black Pearl
2002  mk4 Golf GTI (the 150 bhp diesel version); Deep Black Pearl

Offline chas.s

• Not said much yet
« Reply #73 on: 25 April 2021, 13:25 »

You need to notify VWFS that you wish to exercise your right to withdraw from the PCP contract within 14 days of the start date. You’re effectively exercising your rights under consumer legislation to change your mind within the 14 day cooling off period. I phoned them and they gave me the settlement figure including interest due, and sent me a letter confirming the settlement amount and the methods of payment they’ll accept. You have 30 days to settle in full from the date you notify them you want to exercise your right of withdrawal.

I notified VWFS three days after collecting my car and paid a total of £6.21 Interest (£2.07 per day).

VW will write to you to confirm they no longer have any financial interest in the vehicle once they have processed the withdrawal request and payment has been received and cleared. In my case, I received their letter around a month after transferring the settlement amount to them.

Thanks Guzzle & SRGTD, very informative. Sounds quite straight forward, when you know how!
I presume you still get the dealers contribution i.e. they don't then add it to the outstanding amount?
Cheers, Chas

Offline SRGTD

• I live here
« Reply #74 on: 25 April 2021, 13:28 »

Thanks Guzzle & SRGTD, very informative. Sounds quite straight forward, when you know how!
I presume you still get the dealers contribution i.e. they don't then add it to the outstanding amount?
Cheers, Chas

The deposit contribution is from VWFS rather than the dealer. And yes, you get to keep it.

« Last Edit: 25 April 2021, 13:32 by SRGTD »
2020 Polo GTI Plus; Pure White, DSG (because they all are)
Gone but not forgotten;
2016 Polo GTI; Blue Silk
2011 mk6 Golf GTD; Carbon Grey
2007 mk5 Golf GT (2.0 170bhp TDI version); Deep Black Pearl
2002  mk4 Golf GTI (the 150 bhp diesel version); Deep Black Pearl

Offline chas.s

• Not said much yet
« Reply #75 on: 25 April 2021, 13:33 »

Cheers, Chas

The deposit contribution is from VWFS rather than the dealer. And yes, you get to keep it.

Thanks once again SRGTD. Thats solved one of my dilemmas.
Now do I go for a new Clubsport or a nearly new 7.5 TCR!!!!!!????

Offline jaceyboy

• I live here
« Reply #76 on: 25 April 2021, 15:19 »
This is the route im going down if I buy a new R or CS

MK7 GTi

Offline Kenis

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #77 on: 25 April 2021, 23:36 »
I’m doing the same - cancelling within first 14 days (assuming I have the cash at the time, which I hope to). I also ordered via DTD so total saving incl the £1,250 deposit contribution quite large.
Ordered Apr-21 Arrived Mar-23: MK8 GTI Clubsport, Dolphin, Estorils plus other options

Offline ash_rage

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #78 on: 06 May 2021, 22:36 »
Anyone else find the practises of DTD odd and unnerving?

Someone reassure me that you had the exact same as below and got the car you wanted at the end of it and not someone calling you saying there is a a pigeon in your bank account.

Ordered a CS45, well at least I think its ordered as I have no paperwork, all I can see is a credit check on my credit file.

I've handed over card details. All my personal details without a single receipt or written confirmation. DTD ask for your card details but reassures you they don't get involved in payment. They shouldn't be asking for the card details then.

I said to the guy at DTD and the dealer today I have no paperwork yet both just said "DTD has been going for years, its safe" and "the dealer doesn't put anything in writing at this stage"

I have to admit until the dealer called me today I was thinking I better cancel my card as I've been done over. The price was great but What made it worse when my local dealer said its impossible to sell a CS45 at that price lol

« Last Edit: 06 May 2021, 22:44 by ash_rage »
Golf GTI Clubsport 45 (2022)

Offline HA54SYM`

• I live here
« Reply #79 on: 07 May 2021, 06:51 »
I wouldn't worry about DTD mate as a hell of a lot buy from them.

I'm doing the same with the finance contribution on my new R, managed to get my local dealer to match the DTD quote also which equates to some 11% off too, but its the first time I have gone PCP and then paid off so will see how it works out.

I think a lot of dealers are aware of the broker prices and can if pushed get close or match them, depends how much they want the business I would guess. I also looked at some BMW 1 series before the R and some local dealers didn't even bother coming back to me after I pulled out a coast2coast quote out for them to match.
94 - Roversport Tomcat Racecar