Author Topic: New GTI Clubsport  (Read 13447 times)

Offline thronetm

• Not said much yet
New GTI Clubsport
« on: 15 March 2021, 16:32 »
Hi all,
Have been reading these forums with interest since I placed my GTI CS order back at the beginning of February.

Was originally given BW11 but that was brought forward to BW10 and the car started production build last week.

Not had a Volkswagen since 4 years ago when I swapped the Scirocco for a Leon FR. Very much looking forward to getting it. Thinking another 7-8 weeks before I actually take delivery. Hopefully no delays!
« Last Edit: 15 March 2021, 16:53 by thronetm »

Offline Brocky_

• GTI forum regular
Re: New GTI Clubsport
« Reply #1 on: 15 March 2021, 17:08 »
Welcome!

Waiting sucks....but believe me when I say, this will be worth it.
Mk.8 GTI ClubSport

Offline king monkey

• I live here
« Reply #2 on: 15 March 2021, 17:53 »
Hope the wait isn’t too long. Sure you’ll love the car.
Current: Clubsport45, white, DCC.

Past: Mk5 gti blue graphite, mk6 gti carbon grey, mk6 gti edition 35 candy white, Mk7 pp gti tornado red, 2016 Audi S3 sportback, 2019 7.5 Golf R.

Offline thronetm

• Not said much yet
« Reply #3 on: 15 March 2021, 19:04 »
Thanks
I was quite surprised at getting to this stage so quickly. I was expecting a much longer wait to get build confirmed.

Offline clarky92

• Here all the time
« Reply #4 on: 16 March 2021, 11:01 »
Hi all,
Have been reading these forums with interest since I placed my GTI CS order back at the beginning of February.

Was originally given BW11 but that was brought forward to BW10 and the car started production build last week.

Not had a Volkswagen since 4 years ago when I swapped the Scirocco for a Leon FR. Very much looking forward to getting it. Thinking another 7-8 weeks before I actually take delivery. Hopefully no delays!

Congratulations! You've picked a fantastic next car, have you test driven a MK8 Clubsport yet?

What specification did you go for?
Currently: MK8 GTI Clubsport - DCC - Reflex Silver - Adelaide 19"s - Rear Camera

Previous: 3x MK7.5 GTI Performance Pack

Offline thronetm

• Not said much yet
« Reply #5 on: 16 March 2021, 11:20 »
Have not test driven one yet. I ordered from an online leasing company as my local Volkswagen dealer couldn't come close to matching the deal I got.

I took the Adelaide 19" alloys with Moonstone Grey as the colour. Car is fairly well spec'd as standard!

Online fredgroves

• Serious forum addict
  • Professional Um Bongo drinker
« Reply #6 on: 16 March 2021, 11:28 »
Good colour choice  :cool:

Current: Mk8 GTI DSG, Adelaides, DCC, HUD, HK, Winter Pack, Rear Camera.. Aka "HMS Weasel"

Gone: 2017 Mk7.5 GTD,manual, NavPro
Gone: 2014 Mk7 GTD, manual, NavPro, DCC

Offline Exonian

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #7 on: 16 March 2021, 13:01 »
Welcome aboard thronetm  :smiley:
You’ve made a great choice in car, colour and spec  :cool:

Looking at your recent car history you sure won’t be disappointed in most areas. It drives superbly.
Ok, some of the tech is buggy and a pain in the bum at times but yours should be a bit better being a slightly later build. Us paid up beta testers *should* have the worst ones!  :grin:
‘23 8R
Serial white Golf owner

Offline thronetm

• Not said much yet
« Reply #8 on: 18 March 2021, 09:26 »
Thanks folks  :smiley: Just a waiting game now!
Have done some homework on the quirks eg some owners were complaining about lane assist and how it would pull them back into their lane for example if they were maneuvering around parked vehicles, and others concerned about keyless entry.

It's my first keyless entry car and I've purchased the safety pouches just in-case, albeit they are quite large.. alternatively I might end up switching that feature off.

How do you guys deal with keyless entry and lane assist? Turn off, or it's not so bad? Anything else/other features/quirks to be aware of?
« Last Edit: 18 March 2021, 09:31 by thronetm »

Online fredgroves

• Serious forum addict
  • Professional Um Bongo drinker
« Reply #9 on: 18 March 2021, 09:33 »
Keyless, switch it off!

After you've gone through having to remove a key from its tinfoil bunker, what is the point of keyless entry?

If you don't have the tinfoil bunker and leave it switched on, you are just waiting for some a-hole to steal it - easily!

As for lane assist, its not terrible, you do get used to it or you can have your fighter pilot style checklist on a knee pad before takeoff.... lane assist, off.... start stop, off.... heating, set.... auto main beam, on... contact control tower and request taxi  :laugh:
Current: Mk8 GTI DSG, Adelaides, DCC, HUD, HK, Winter Pack, Rear Camera.. Aka "HMS Weasel"

Gone: 2017 Mk7.5 GTD,manual, NavPro
Gone: 2014 Mk7 GTD, manual, NavPro, DCC