Author Topic: Cracked sunroof surround  (Read 55069 times)

Offline C3PO

• GTI forum regular
Re: Cracked sunroof surround
« Reply #180 on: 05 May 2021, 22:14 »
Update, so now repaired and all seems well. Interestingly the bodyshop had 2 Mark 7.5s to repair...mine and an R. Dealership seen a few recently. Such a shame. Good luck to others in getting this resolved. :smiley:
Mk6 GTI, 18" monza shadows, Leather, Bluetooth Phone - gone

Mark 7 R, 19" wheels, lapiz blue, 5 door, leather, reversing camera - gone

2018 Audi S5 Sportback, pano roof, LED Headlights  B&O sound system - gone

Current 2020 Golf GTI TCR, pure grey, pano roof , 90% tints and Akrapovic exhaust.

Offline Watts

• Forum addict
« Reply #181 on: 06 May 2021, 08:47 »
Update, so now repaired and all seems well. Interestingly the bodyshop had 2 Mark 7.5s to repair...mine and an R. Dealership seen a few recently. Such a shame. Good luck to others in getting this resolved. :smiley:

Great you have it sorted and are happy :smiley:. Touchwood, mine was done in September with no issues since.
2019 Oryx White 5dr TCR.

Was - 2015 Tornado Red 3dr GTI PP, manual, Santiagos, Audi short shifter.

Offline C3PO

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #182 on: 06 May 2021, 14:52 »
Yes happy and hopefully will last longer than the factory fit item :whistle:

Current 2020 Golf GTI TCR, pure grey, pano roof , 90% tints and Akrapovic exhaust.

Offline CookieMonsterGTi

• Here all the time
« Reply #183 on: 06 May 2021, 19:58 »
Fingers crossed the fix works as expected for everyone.

Got mine back just over a week ago.

The garage (authorised repair centre) said they don’t want to do another one. They have done a few recently and from what I understand it’s a pretty big job in terms of time but apparently VW have a different view on how long it should take. Thankfully the garage took the time needed rather than rushing it to meet the allocated time.
Pure Grey GTI TCR 5 Door DSG
19" 'Reifnitz' Alloys Including DCC
Climate Windscreen
Panoramic Sunroof
90% Rear Tinted Glass

Offline Watts

• Forum addict
« Reply #184 on: 06 May 2021, 20:05 »
Great that you got yours sorted successfully too, CookieMonster :smiley:

Mine was in for four days.
2019 Oryx White 5dr TCR.

Offline C3PO

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #185 on: 08 May 2021, 12:08 »
Well that was short lived in terms of a fix. Approached the car yesterday and one of the side pieces was sticking in the air, turns out its not bonded properly so back its gone. Fair play to VW no arguments....think the bodyshop have some explaining to do especially as they decided to drive my car above the speed limit on the way back to the bodyshop (good old we connect) so now have a failed repair and some serious explaining to do. Will update next week once I know more, meanwhile have a new polo with a panoramic sunroof and they have now change the design...I wonder why :rolleyes:

Offline SRGTD

• I live here
« Reply #186 on: 08 May 2021, 12:14 »
Well that was short lived in terms of a fix. Approached the car yesterday and one of the side pieces was sticking in the air, turns out its not bonded properly so back its gone. Fair play to VW no arguments....think the bodyshop have some explaining to do especially as they decided to drive my car above the speed limit on the way back to the bodyshop (good old we connect) so now have a failed repair and some serious explaining to do. Will update next week once I know more, meanwhile have a new polo with a panoramic sunroof and they have now change the design...I wonder why :rolleyes:

The mk8 Golf also has the new design sunroof too - check out reply #101 in the thread at the link below;

http://www.golfgtiforum.co.uk/index.php?topic=287258.msg2636828#msg2636828

2020 Polo GTI Plus; Pure White, DSG (because they all are)
Gone but not forgotten;
2016 Polo GTI; Blue Silk
2011 mk6 Golf GTD; Carbon Grey
2007 mk5 Golf GT (2.0 170bhp TDI version); Deep Black Pearl
2002  mk4 Golf GTI (the 150 bhp diesel version); Deep Black Pearl

Offline Watts

• Forum addict
« Reply #187 on: 08 May 2021, 15:43 »
That's a real shame C3PO, I hope they sort it promptly for you. Cheeky buggers with the driving of your car in that way, I hope you get a proper apology from them, disgraceful.
2019 Oryx White 5dr TCR.

Offline C3PO

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #188 on: 15 May 2021, 16:31 »
Hi, so after a week I now have my car back. The bodyshop advised that the panel did not bond which is why it came loose so have started again. The person who drove my vehicle above the speed limit has apologised both in person and writing, plus the director has written an apology so it seems they are sorry. I did then find out that in quality controlling the vehicle they noticed a couple of small scratches on the windscreen so replaced it foc with a genuine VW windscreen. Hoping that's the end of it now. Next to book in for polish and ceramic coating to keep it pristine. Good luck to those who either have a fault and waiting repair or waiting for it to fail. The dealership had 4 this week alone  :shocked:

Offline Watts

• Forum addict
« Reply #189 on: 15 May 2021, 17:51 »
I hope that's all sorted for you now, the new windscreen was a bonus! I stopped at my dealer a few days ago and there was a MK8 there that looked like it was having something done in the sunroof/windscreen area - the sunroof was open and covered up.
2019 Oryx White 5dr TCR.