Author Topic: First renewal for the GTD - thoughts?  (Read 8501 times)

Offline davewilliams000

• GTI forum regular
First renewal for the GTD - thoughts?
« on: 23 March 2016, 11:17 »
OK so it's renewal time, and the first time for the GTD. Jumping up from a Fiesta so expect the price to go up quite a bit.

Quick check on a certain meerkat related comparison site shows LV are the cheapest for me with a £400 excess (£200 voluntary) comes out to £367 which I think is pretty good, considering my current insurer Allianz want to charge a whopping £617! Previous price for Fiesta was £241 with £150 excess, so I think to only go up by £120 is pretty good.

After reading on here, also tried directline, which came to £440 (with £500 total excess), and Aviva which came to £424. Greenlight won't insure cars of more than £20K so they are out of the running.

Anybody any experience with LV? and what sort of excess do others on here have? Also does everyone tend to get the legal cover or think it's worth it?
2015 65 plate Mk7 GTD Manual in Tornado Red

https://www.flickr.com/photos/davewilliams000

Offline golfhappy

• I live here
Re: First renewal for the GTD - thoughts?
« Reply #1 on: 26 March 2016, 18:06 »
Think LV is a long established old old company, i say that as my mother used to pay an insurance policy with them..cost 3shillings and sixpence. THe man would come round once a month looked like a carpet salesman! I pay £300 excess with Hastings. With mods £230, without £180! but i'm oldish. Tbh when using the comparison site i usually look at what i get vs price.
Audi S1 gone, awaiting 1.5tsi r-line, pan roof, led lights front and rear, active dash, 18" jurva alloys and a dealer fitted Oettinger roof spoiler in tornado red.

Offline davewilliams000

• GTI forum regular
Re: First renewal for the GTD - thoughts?
« Reply #2 on: 09 April 2016, 13:48 »
Just thought I'd post an update to say I went with LV at the price above.
2015 65 plate Mk7 GTD Manual in Tornado Red

https://www.flickr.com/photos/davewilliams000