Author Topic: Mud Flap emblems  (Read 12532 times)

Offline jimmydub

• GTI forum regular
Mud Flap emblems
« on: 10 January 2016, 17:11 »
Hi all,

I finally decided to sort out the emblem on my mud flaps as they were real tatty. Just thought I'd share the results. If anyone needs a set i'd be happy to sort you out in return for a few beer tokens!

Offline bgbazz

• Here all the time
  • If it aint broke...I can fix it!
Re: Mud Flap emblems
« Reply #1 on: 10 January 2016, 19:31 »
Looks great...I'd be happy if I could just get some mudflaps to fit mine! VW dealers in my country don't carry them...and are not interested in ordering them in!
Mk4 Golf TDI Estate 4Motion, remapped 1.9. Sweet runner = keeper. She is the 66th vehicle I've owned and hopefully, the last.

Offline jimmydub

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #2 on: 10 January 2016, 20:25 »
Looks great...I'd be happy if I could just get some mudflaps to fit mine! VW dealers in my country don't carry them...and are not interested in ordering them in!

Are you looking for MK4 ones? theres a few on ebay, couple of votex listings.

Offline bgbazz

• Here all the time
« Reply #3 on: 11 January 2016, 15:35 »
Thanks for the reply mate...I'm after a genuine Mk4 set of four to suit my 4mo Estate. I didn't realise there was such a difference between model variations.

If I can source some, I'll happily take some of your emblems for the rear ones. I'm an old school owner who likes his vehicles to look bog standard on the outside....I hide the goodies under the hood, but I'm sick of the road crap (literally...farmers move their animals along roadways over here and there is always muck and mess) sprayed all over the sides and rear of my old, but beautiful TDI.
« Last Edit: 11 January 2016, 15:43 by bgbazz »
Mk4 Golf TDI Estate 4Motion, remapped 1.9. Sweet runner = keeper. She is the 66th vehicle I've owned and hopefully, the last.

Offline bgbazz

• Here all the time
« Reply #5 on: 14 January 2016, 17:45 »
Very helpful mate...just have sort through and see what fits mine, but a big thank you anyway!  :smiley:

Offline snozan

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #6 on: 15 January 2016, 18:40 »
I have no emblems on the rear. Bought the mudflaps from my VW dealer. I can see there should be (two holes in the circle) but no emblem. Can you buy it separately? Anyone know?
Golf MK3 GTI 16v Colour Concept - Bumble bee Edition '96

Offline jimmydub

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #7 on: 16 January 2016, 11:45 »
I have no emblems on the rear. Bought the mudflaps from my VW dealer. I can see there should be (two holes in the circle) but no emblem. Can you buy it separately? Anyone know?

I thought the emblem on the VW mud flaps was integral and the same 'colour' but i could be wrong.

These mud flaps are Votex, so possibly not the same size etc. post a photo and measurements and we can work it out. If they'll fit Id be happy to sell you a pair of these emblems for a few bob.

Offline snozan

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #8 on: 17 January 2016, 17:46 »

I thought the emblem on the VW mud flaps was integral and the same 'colour' but i could be wrong.

These mud flaps are Votex, so possibly not the same size etc. post a photo and measurements and we can work it out. If they'll fit Id be happy to sell you a pair of these emblems for a few bob.

Was too cold to go out and measure, but i had a old picture from when i bought them. It's not Vortex (front is). But i guess its the same as the ones you have. (they are 100% geniune carry a VW stamp and everything).

Send me a pm with price etc. Have Paypal  :smiley:

Golf MK3 GTI 16v Colour Concept - Bumble bee Edition '96

Offline jimmydub

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #9 on: 19 January 2016, 20:50 »
Send me a pm with price etc. Have Paypal  :smiley:

Hi mate sorry for the delay, have just sent you a PM.