Author Topic: My new GTi  (Read 6536 times)

Offline simonpolly

• I live here
Re: My new GTi
« Reply #20 on: 20 June 2009, 10:34 »

I ordered mine on may 22nd i was told build week 27 which according to the dealer is in july,probably just 27 th week of the year,any way when did you order yours ? and how come its only 1 week later on the build date ?, I,ve just rang my dealer after i`d seen your post and he assures me no one jumps the queue.Mine is suppose to be coming mid aug
Golfgti build quality is average at best.

Offline gizzywizzy

• I live here
  • Black is definitely the stealthiest colour!!
« Reply #21 on: 04 July 2009, 11:52 »
I ordered on May 23rd dealer reckoned build week 28 which commences Monday 6th July so I'm not sure how long from there, it's just what dealer stated but no one can actually be sure when car will arrive in UK.  Anyway I'm not bothered as long as it gets here soon as and is a cracker I'll be happy as I'm sure you will be too.
Deep Black Pearl Mk7 GT TDI 150.

Offline simonpolly

• I live here
« Reply #22 on: 04 July 2009, 12:29 »
Dealer now saying mine will now be here by the end of july ,i hope so but not getting my hopes up yet  :laugh: ,perhaps they are a head of themselves ? I see you only ordered the day after me so should be around the same time,i thought you`d ordered later than that and my dealer was being slow.It was a bank holiday weekend if my memory serves me well.(that would make it about 10 weeks,just think they might be parked next to each other somewhere :grin:)
« Last Edit: 04 July 2009, 12:38 by simonpolly »

Offline gizzywizzy

• I live here
  • Black is definitely the stealthiest colour!!
« Reply #23 on: 04 July 2009, 13:12 »
Well just think if it's end of July we don't have too long to wait do we?  If the car is as good as everyone says we are in for some brill driving.

Autoexpress mag ran the mark 6 against Honda Civic type R and sporty mini neither of which I rate anyway it beat them hands down, maybe not as fast as the mini but so much better drive and ride.

Put some pics up when you get it and I will do the same. :laugh:
Deep Black Pearl Mk7 GT TDI 150.

Offline R32UK

• Forum addict
« Reply #24 on: 04 July 2009, 14:19 »
Hi guys been and ordered a mark 6 GTI and have been told it will be in build week 28 whatever that means!! the spec is:  Pearl black metallic
                             18" monzas
                             5 doors
                             electric sunroof
                             winter pack
                             acc
                             rcd 510 + dynaudio
                             xenons
I've never owned a golf before and have longed for a GTI for years, I just love the look of the new mark 6 GTI over and above the mark 5.  I am sooo looking forward to getting it.  Pics when it arrives. :laugh:

that's inexperience and new-car-bying syndrome speaking, because mk5 looks better.
If it is over it is already "above".  :wink:

matter of opinion really. Where someone choses to spend or not spend their money...

wonder how many people/mk4 owners would have siad that about you when you purchased your "new" mk5  :rolleyes: :lipsrsealed:

Offline simonpolly

• I live here
« Reply #25 on: 04 July 2009, 20:21 »
Yes mine is 3dr pearl black with monza shadows and yours is 5dr pearl black with monza shadows,i went for dyno audio to,i choose 3dr because its a second car and looks a little more sporty than the 5dr,i did test drive a 5dr pearl black with monzas,it looked lovely and drove as good as you wish it will.Enjoy