Author Topic: F1 Thread  (Read 286856 times)

Offline RandomJord

• I live here
Re: F1 Thread
« Reply #2750 on: 06 October 2011, 19:06 »
Wow..... Rimming festival!
Skoda Octavia VRS DSG (soon!)
Skoda Rapid Spaceback

An a Signum for towing me old caravan!

Offline Mikester

• Forum addict
  • Civic Type R
« Reply #2751 on: 08 October 2011, 18:15 »
Vettel on pole again although i think by chance more than anything else with Hamilton dropping out.

It looks like it could be a competitive race and with the track might have a few surprises!

Offline scarr89

• I live here
  • Mk4 Golf, DERV FTW!
« Reply #2752 on: 08 October 2011, 19:19 »
Vettel on pole again although i think by chance more than anything else with Hamilton dropping out.

It looks like it could be a competitive race and with the track might have a few surprises!

Was gutted for LH, I reckon he could of done, he was getting faster and faster. I reckon it will be real close, would love to see vettel under some pressure from the off tomorrow, see how he copes with 2 Mclarens all over him!

Offline MAW73

• I live here
  • Used to like Golfs :-)
« Reply #2753 on: 09 October 2011, 09:32 »
Great race by Button. He's really comming into his own at Mclaren. His a much better driver tbo than I've given him credit for.

You have to hand to to Vettel. His been in a class of his own in that car. His driven brilliantly and so consistant.

As a Hamilton fan I'm a bit guttted tbo. Race after race has been a real disapointment. Not sure what's going on with him. Not sure he can manage the tyres this year which Button seems able to.  This race O.k he had a bit of a problem in the first stint with a slow puncture but he never seemed to recover and show any real pace after that. 

2007 VW Mk5 Golf GT 5 Door DSG
2009 VW Mk6 Golf GTI 5 Door DSG
2012 BMW F20 125i M Sport, Auto
2014 BMW F20 M135i, Auto

Offline bricey

• I live here
  • One of a few with a PROPER engine
« Reply #2754 on: 09 October 2011, 10:01 »
im am loosing faith in lewis,when he was at behind vettel at the begining he just let min run away and he
has done this in the last few races.....
sad to say but think has lost his mojo
DOLPHIN TRAINER

Offline scarr89

• I live here
  • Mk4 Golf, DERV FTW!
« Reply #2755 on: 09 October 2011, 11:18 »
I feel lewis has just had an unlucky season. Not much has gone well for him. The puncture today compounded what has already been a poor season for him, with some thing happening in each race which has screwed him up!

Offline VR6_ROB

• I live here
  • Mk2 VR6 / Corrado G60
« Reply #2756 on: 09 October 2011, 22:24 »
He also manages to mix it up with massa to button is doin well though pleased for him I'm still a schumi fan though havin decent races lately

Offline Devilz

• I live here
  • Cruisin is not a crime
« Reply #2757 on: 10 October 2011, 01:29 »
He also manages to mix it up with massa to button is doin well though pleased for him I'm still a schumi fan though havin decent races lately

+1

Offline Khare

• Serious forum addict
  • The bear that khares
« Reply #2758 on: 10 October 2011, 02:16 »
Button has been growing on me a lot lately. He's matures so much since 2009 and not only is he a gentleman on the track but he's got a great personality for the media too. So much Alonso cry talk but a lot of people are somehow missing Hamilton's crying. Every time he is interviewed he sounds like he's about to cry, literally. He's always blaming something else other than him, today's excuse was that he can't see out of his mirrors, surely he would have noticed when doing testing before the season started that the mirrors were rubbish? At least he keeps me on the edge of my seat because almost every pass he does ends up in contact of one way or another. Even the commentating team which used to praise Hamilton is getting a bit tired of his excuses, lately Brundle has started saying in other words that it's entirely Hamilton's fault.

Vettel deserved this title in my eyes. Yes he had the best car out there for the majority of the season, and even now it's still the best car, however it's no good having the tools but not the knowledge. He recognized he had the best car and he pushed on, using it's strengths and avoiding the weaknesses. Even though I hate the finger thing and his dominance I think Vettel is a great guy, he's funny, honest, open and knows how to lead a team. Dare I say it I think this is the second title of many many more to come from him, and dare I say it again....I think he's right up there with Senna, Prost, Schumacher (in his prime) and Fangio.

Offline AlanD

• 10k hero
  • MK5 2.0T 16v
« Reply #2759 on: 10 October 2011, 09:07 »
Hats of again to Seb, its all well and good saying its the best car but Webber has the same car and look what has (or hasn't) done with it.

Are we seeing the start of something special in the form of Sebastian Vettle  . . . ?