Author Topic: F1 Thread  (Read 286885 times)

Offline Waffs1984

• I live here
  • Spacers are for chumps...
Re: F1 Thread
« Reply #1160 on: 24 June 2010, 12:43 »
Fuel Draining rule - a response to Hamilton pushing his car back to the pits prehaps lol?
Mk4 GTi-T AUM l R-Tech Stage 1 l AP Coilovers l Forge 007p l New Style RS4's 18" l Toyo Proxies 4 l Hofele Bumper Grills l Silver Interior Trim l N249 Bypass l Front & Rear Powerflex bushes l Forge TIP l CAI l GolfGTi.co.uk Stickers l Catch Can Fitted & PCV System Deleted l Redstuff Rear Pads l More to come...

Offline smitty12

• I live here
  • R32
« Reply #1161 on: 24 June 2010, 13:30 »
I think this 107% thing is a good idea!!!
Makes the competition far better as all the cars will have to be running similar performance figures meaning its down to how well the driver pushes the car, making it more of a race to the finish rather than 'oh my cars got no chance, i'll settle for 21st'

The new teams will have to just do testing until they know they can compete against the established teams. Hispania, Virgin and Lotus cant compete against the front runners so whats the point in being in the pinical of motor sport with a car that cant compete!

I do like the fact there is almost like two different classes in F1 atm but really they are just getting in the way of the front runners being lapped more than five times during a race! Alonso is right to complain about them as i think he is right in his opinion to take the blue flag out of racing.

The "second class" of cars should either put the work in or get out. Lotus seems to be the only one putting major work in to get the performance gap down. I think mabey new teams to the sport should be allowed more track test time before the season starts.

And for those of you who cba to read my full rant:
If your in F1 you have to be the best. If a driver or a team does not push to be the best they shouldnt be in F1 simple as.

Mk7 Golf GTI Clubsport S Tornado Red - on the way!
Mk4 Golf R32 Grey Anthracite Pearl Effect
Mk4 Golf GTI 2.slow Yellow Colour Concept

VeeDubGTI16v

« Reply #1162 on: 24 June 2010, 19:58 »
107% rule only counts in qualifying mate, where every driver will be pushing like hell. you don't become an f1 driver by 'settling' for positions. maybe if you are a title contender you might settle for 2nd or 3rd for the points but thats about it

its a good idea in theory, but its flawed by the fia not giving new teams enough time to prepare because of all this selection process. its a bit unfair really, and you can't help but think ferrari has something to do with it, as they are pushing the fia hard for 3 car teams instead of new teams. lets just hope this seasons new teams can catch up a bit for next season

alonso will moan at anything if he doesn't win  :grin:

Offline smitty12

• I live here
  • R32
« Reply #1163 on: 24 June 2010, 20:35 »
alonso will moan at anything if he doesn't win  :grin:

FACT!  :grin:

3 car/driver teams would be very interesting! The competition for the drivers would be insain! Would really show the talent in F1

Offline VR6Lee

• Not said much yet
  • Women love duct tape
« Reply #1164 on: 25 June 2010, 15:45 »

The grid
From 2011, any driver whose best qualifying lap exceeds 107 per cent of the fastest Q1 qualifying time will not be allowed to take part in the race. Under exceptional circumstances, however, which may include setting a suitable lap time in a free practice session, the stewards may permit the car to start the race. Should there be more than one driver accepted in this manner, the grid order will be determined by the stewards.

Giving more power to inept stewards.  :angry:
I can see a massive bust up happening here.

Offline Guy

• Forum addict
« Reply #1165 on: 26 June 2010, 12:12 »
Don't know if anyone else has seen it but I was watching practice earlier and a camera angle they were using on the maclarens was inside the front wheel looking back down under the suspension.. It was fascinating. Keep an eye out for it.

Maclaren were woeful in practice though.. Red bulls were flying :/

Offline Guy

• Forum addict
« Reply #1166 on: 26 June 2010, 14:08 »
There you go.. McLaren did a whoopsie on the last lap both lewis and jenson doing a shady.. Red bull.. How do they keep doing it?!

VeeDubGTI16v

« Reply #1167 on: 26 June 2010, 16:06 »
good race? valencia?  :laugh: it will be dull as ditch water mate

i'm glad its valencia tomorrow, don't mind missing it for the football

Offline smitty12

• I live here
  • R32
« Reply #1168 on: 26 June 2010, 17:05 »
valencia is pretty crap for overtaking i do have to say.

i dont think they have very good TV coverage of the place either, the angels seem all wrong but tbh i know nothing about media lol

Hamilton should be goof for fighting the red bulls in the opening laps and button will want to be passing asap

Offline VR6Lee

• Not said much yet
  • Women love duct tape
« Reply #1169 on: 26 June 2010, 18:59 »
good race? valencia?  :laugh: it will be dull as ditch water mate

i'm glad its valencia tomorrow, don't mind missing it for the football

Agree one dull Spanish track is enough, to allow a second to be on the calendar is just stupidity.
It doenst even look like a track or a street circuit. It just looks like a car park with big walls.

Its like Hungary track but with a Harbour.