Author Topic: F1 Thread  (Read 286974 times)

Offline Stronz

• I live here
  • Sold!
Re: F1 Thread
« Reply #660 on: 20 November 2009, 22:24 »
what do you guys think of button move to mclaren....IMO he won't survive in hamilton shadow....and we gonna see another alonso hamilton thing....most probably button will be looking for another team next year  :grin:

I dont think it will be a repeat of Hamilton / Alonso, I think they could get along quite well (they are both going to be ambassadors for British sport remember, so its in thier interests!). Plus I think they get along well together now anyway.

What worrys me is that McLaren are built around Hamilton, and he has a very different driving style compared to Button. Hamillton seems to thrive on having the car on the ragged edge, likeing a bit of a loose rear end.

Button on the other hand, is an incredibly smooth driver, who seems to operate better when the car is perfectly balanced.

Saying that, drivers are going to have to look after thier tyres next year with no re-fuelling. Having a heavy car at the start of the race and a  smooth driving style may just give him an edge in the early phases.

Offline Martz

• Forum Supporter
  • I live here
« Reply #661 on: 20 November 2009, 22:27 »
Exciting times. Dream team worth money on.

Offline Guy

• Forum addict
« Reply #662 on: 21 November 2009, 06:35 »
Hmmmm rumour mill's going well. Is it likely? I don't think so...  :rolleyes:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/motorsport/formula_one/8368107.stm

breaking news... Bounce in non-respost news shock!  :laugh:

you feeling alright mate?  :grin:

Offline MrBounce

• I live here
  • Bora TDi 130 Highline - usually filthy.
« Reply #663 on: 21 November 2009, 10:01 »
Hmmmm rumour mill's going well. Is it likely? I don't think so...  :rolleyes:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/motorsport/formula_one/8368107.stm

breaking news... Bounce in non-respost news shock!  :laugh:

you feeling alright mate?  :grin:

Yup thought I'd actually read the previous posts first, then got one in there!!  :grin:

Keeping schtum. Mostly.

Offline Devilz

• I live here
  • Cruisin is not a crime
« Reply #664 on: 21 November 2009, 19:10 »
What about Kimi joining mercedes gp, I think mercedes can easily afford to pay his wages anyway. Ross Brawn was the man behind ferrari glorious days and the man who made button 2009 world champion. Kimi will know he can win another drivers title with brawn  :lipsrsealed:

click for more info
« Last Edit: 21 November 2009, 19:22 by devilz »

Offline AlanD

• 10k hero
  • MK5 2.0T 16v
« Reply #665 on: 21 November 2009, 21:49 »
What about Kimi joining mercedes gp, I think mercedes can easily afford to pay his wages anyway. Ross Brawn was the man behind ferrari glorious days and the man who made button 2009 world champion. Kimi will know he can win another drivers title with brawn  :lipsrsealed:

click for more info

It makes no sense that they wouldn't want to give Jensen a decent salary yet be happy Kimi his (imo unjustified) millions.

Offline RandomJord

• I live here
« Reply #666 on: 22 November 2009, 08:14 »
is it me or is Mercedes GP a little bit 've are building zis team to last von thousand years!'
Skoda Octavia VRS DSG (soon!)
Skoda Rapid Spaceback

An a Signum for towing me old caravan!

VeeDubGTI16v

« Reply #667 on: 22 November 2009, 08:49 »
its deffo getting a bit eng v's ger

Offline Devilz

• I live here
  • Cruisin is not a crime
« Reply #668 on: 22 November 2009, 19:05 »

click for more info

It makes no sense that they wouldn't want to give Jensen a decent salary yet be happy Kimi his (imo unjustified) millions.

Mercedes offered 8 million to button but he signed for mclaren for 6 million. I think he got carried away with posh building and stuff...button repeatedley said in interview he joined mclaren so he can challenge hamilton, well he beated him this year anyway with Ross Brawn, it sounds so stupid thinking mclaren will deal with both of their drivers on equal terms, everyone knows Hamilton is the main driver for them

Offline Guy

• Forum addict
« Reply #669 on: 24 November 2009, 10:03 »
so its looks like the poison dwarf and the F1 commission are deciding the fate of the British GP on December 9th

[I would have inserted a useful link here but certain individuals think I have a fascination with the BBC so you can sod off and find it yourselves - either that or wait for bouncy to trundle along later  :tongue:]