Author Topic: TSI Golf  (Read 836 times)

Offline Stibbs

• Not said much yet
TSI Golf
« on: 26 August 2007, 22:47 »
I only just heard the other night about the Mk5 1.4 TSI Golg, never knew there was such a thing.
I was amazed! I never thought I'd hear the words, supercharger, turbo and fuel economy used in the same sentence. Sounds like a great car, even had the DSG gearbox from a TT which is apparently great?
Anyone else seen this?

Offline Rhyso

• Global Moderator
  • Sir Postalot
Re: TSI Golf
« Reply #1 on: 26 August 2007, 22:49 »
been out for around 6 months i believe.

got mixed reports i believe in that the transition from charger to turbo is less than smooth and MPG ain't fantastic  :undecided:

not driven one myself so can't comment fully

Offline vw-bob

• I live here
« Reply #2 on: 26 August 2007, 22:51 »
i think ive seen one out and about, but wouldnt have any idea on how it performs etc

Offline Stibbs

• Not said much yet
« Reply #3 on: 26 August 2007, 23:02 »
I saw it on tv, there was a guy test drivin it saying it was very smooth but i was a bit sceptical about that part. Being a 1.4, would it be cheaper on tax? even with the blower and the turbo?

Offline Rhyso

• Global Moderator
  • Sir Postalot
« Reply #4 on: 27 August 2007, 09:23 »
it would be based on emissions so i would assume its cheaper to tax  :undecided:

Offline DubFan

• I live here
« Reply #5 on: 29 August 2007, 10:39 »
That's one of the engine options on the Mk5 GT model, the early TSI engine was 150bhp, but there appears to be a 170bhp 1.4 TSI engine available now.

Offline kuk sool

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #6 on: 29 August 2007, 13:05 »
My dad had one as a loner car when his bora was having warranty repairs, it was the 170 version.... he could not believe the power.... his bora is a 130 tdi highline and that has a bit of poke as most oil burners will know.

anyways said it went like stink and rang me up thinking i was off work to go for a spin but unfortunately i was at work  :sick: GUTTED..... but he said it was great although it sounded rough as!