Author Topic: TSR Performance - Becoming awesome again  (Read 4730 times)

Offline Horney

• 10k hero
  • Racing, Trackdays, Starwars.
Re: TSR Performance - Becoming awesome again
« Reply #10 on: 03 June 2011, 23:41 »
My mate Jon has a TFSI MKII running about 300bhp, it's a proper monster! It was running near 400 at one point but self destructed so he's actually on his 2nd TFSI lump.

Nick

Offline okcid

• Not said much yet
  • MK2 G60 stage 4
« Reply #11 on: 03 June 2011, 23:43 »
cheers  :smiley:

Offline Adam

• Forum addict
« Reply #12 on: 04 June 2011, 11:53 »
TSR are monkeys imo.

Down Hill From Here.

Offline F17BAD

• Forum addict
  • Golf MTM S3 GTI TURBO
« Reply #13 on: 04 June 2011, 18:06 »
my best friend has the same A4 and we,ve always wondered what my mk2 would be like with the audi engine.
may have to steal it after all . . .

I remembering a thread with "kells" and a few others about a TSFI swap, and it sounded like you needed to basically swap a lot of the TSFI cars' loom into the conversion car. Basically, you 100% needed a donor. Don't know how true this is, but the conclusion of the thread was just 20vt it :D

qpeng do plug and play, i spoke to the guys their before they released it, but i decided non of their products are for me

my mate said he could fit the lump for me no problem using the Factory looms etc.. it was a hell of alot of work, he wanted the doner car from the handbreak lever forward

i settles for S3 engine in the end as i can get to my 270 bhp easy with this anyhow plus the guys at my VW dealer say the TfSi lump is weak when modified but i dont know anything about all that so cant comment

either way, big ups to TSR  :cool:

Not no ordinary GTI....

House classics and Techno mixes:
https://soundcloud.com/bradkells
www.mixcloud.com/kells/

Offline danny_p

• Forum addict
« Reply #14 on: 04 June 2011, 21:28 »
TFSI is stronger than the 20vt   but its high cr high boost direct injection jobbie so bad mapping will kill it fast.

there are modifyed exampels relialy kicking out 400 - 450 bhp reliably
all the VW's have gone bar 1.

Offline F17BAD

• Forum addict
  • Golf MTM S3 GTI TURBO
« Reply #15 on: 04 June 2011, 22:38 »
TFSI is stronger than the 20vt   but its high cr high boost direct injection jobbie so bad mapping will kill it fast.

there are modifyed exampels relialy kicking out 400 - 450 bhp reliably

they mentioned other components that were weak, cant remember what but they have had a load back on non modified cars, so anything tuned is gonna be fragile

they say the Bam/Amk engine from the 20VT range is the one to have, iv got a AMK.

i dont know much about it all but im only looking for 270hp, i liked idea of the newer TFSI coz you can get them cheaper than a Bam/AMK and the miles are still low on them.

As luck would have it, i managed to find my AMK with less than 40k on it - perfect..

Not no ordinary GTI....

House classics and Techno mixes:
https://soundcloud.com/bradkells
www.mixcloud.com/kells/