Author Topic: Mk 2 Engine Bay  (Read 1361 times)

Offline TheRaven

• I live here
  • "I am female, I think the boobs are a giveaway..."
Mk 2 Engine Bay
« on: 25 November 2008, 09:31 »
Hey guys, advice needed.

I want to clean out my engine bay and in the hinges of my doors where they join the body, also in the crook of the boot, but I don't know the best way to start,

I've heard that powerjetting is is bad (which I figured anyway) but as I can't get much wet I was wondering what would be best.

Any ideas?
Professional Freelance Equestrian Photographer

www.ravenphotography.co.uk
www.ravenphotography.uk

Offline GolfDan

• Here all the time
Re: Mk 2 Engine Bay
« Reply #1 on: 25 November 2008, 10:33 »
Get some degreaser (G101 if you can find it anywhere) spray it on using a trigger spray and brush in with a paint brush. Leave it to settle then just us an open hose to rinse off or a jug, or watering can.....Dont pressure wash your engine!!

You can use the same stuff on your door shuts, boot shut but dont let it dwell too long quite caustic most degreasers!
« Last Edit: 25 November 2008, 10:37 by GolfDan »

Offline Dan J

• I live here
  • Pro Valeting and correcting paint since 95
« Reply #2 on: 25 November 2008, 11:00 »
if your very carefull and know what your doing its fine to jetwash doorshuts just dont get the nozzle too close to the rubbers/wires,

same with the engine bay,not too close and keep the jet away from electrics etc and do it with the engine running,

g101 is very good stuff for degreasing/cleaning etc, just make sure you re-grease everything afterwoulds
I EAT CARNAUBA FLAKES FOR BREAKFAST!!!

Offline GolfDan

• Here all the time
« Reply #3 on: 25 November 2008, 11:36 »
if your very carefull and know what your doing its fine to jetwash doorshuts just dont get the nozzle too close to the rubbers/wires,

same with the engine bay,not too close and keep the jet away from electrics etc and do it with the engine running,

g101 is very good stuff for degreasing/cleaning etc, just make sure you re-grease everything afterwoulds

Yeah door shuts are fine to pressure wash

On a Mk2 I wouldn't risk pressure washing around the bay to many flimsy conections and stray wires on most  :laugh: