Author Topic: Collection!!!!  (Read 5216 times)

Offline gizzywizzy

• I live here
  • Black is definitely the stealthiest colour!!
Collection!!!!
« on: 27 July 2009, 14:28 »
 Having ordered on 23rd May this week sees me collecting my new car :grin: :grin:I shall be off to the dealers first thing Wednesday morning.  It has seemed a life time of waiting but now the moment is nearly here - 2 more sleepless nights :laugh:
Deep Black Pearl Mk7 GT TDI 150.

Offline keelaw

• I live here
  • It's here!
Re: Collection!!!!
« Reply #1 on: 27 July 2009, 15:05 »

Nice one! Though part of me can't help thinking that once upon a time this forum was just full of frustrated peeps with cars on order, tinkering with specs and trying to dodge the flak from MkV owners.

Now we're actually getting cars, its not quite the same....

Jealous? Me? Never!! :p

Mk6 Golf GTI 5dr, DBP, Monza Shadow, Xenons, ACC, RCD510, Park Assist, Camera, Lux pack.... and now bluetooth.... and now DSG!

Offline neilgcal

• Here all the time
« Reply #2 on: 27 July 2009, 15:11 »
Hey, bet you can't wait, i have just had a call from the dealer to say that mine has been built early (even though it was supposed to be build week 31 which starts today) and will be here in less than 2 weeks!!!

So excited but i can tell this is going to be eventful.

1 - i have lost the vehicle reg document which i need to transfer the number plate so have just had to get a new one sent today. They better be quick as then i am going to need to post it onto the dealer and there is a strike apparently on Friday!!!

2 - The dealer advised i will need my licence to collect / sign the finance ... erm slight problem. The DVLA told me my licence was about to expire so i have had to send both parts to get it renewed and it only got posted on Friday so who knows when I will see it again.

3 - I called direct line to try and amend my policy for my new car. Now i know that they will not insure me on my new car and i explained this at the time but requested they send it off to the underwriters to see if they will quote me as i am a long term customer and i only have 4 months of the policy left and will lose a years no claims for nothing. After saying they cant do it point blank, 15 mins later they come up with a price of GBP 65.10 additionally which, not in a million years can be right as i am currently group 13 and i am moving to 17!! (got points and made a claim 2 years ago) Shall have to wait to see what comes through on the paperwork she is sending me for my new vehicle ... i know its got to be wrong or this is the steel of the century as i was about to spend £900 on a policy with someone else!!!

Apart from that, it better go smoothly as im stressing about this!!!

ARGGHHH, shall just think positive!!!!
« Last Edit: 27 July 2009, 15:28 by neilgcal »

Offline AlanD

• 10k hero
  • MK5 2.0T 16v
« Reply #3 on: 27 July 2009, 15:26 »
If it sounds too good to be true it often is. Id call them back and get that insurance stuff sorted ASAP. As for you driving license, call the dealer and explain why you dont have it, Im sure you can come to some agreement.

Offline keelaw

• I live here
  • It's here!
« Reply #4 on: 27 July 2009, 15:32 »
Hmm week 31,  mine was week 34 so potentially could be being built now or next week :)

Here's hoping...
Mk6 Golf GTI 5dr, DBP, Monza Shadow, Xenons, ACC, RCD510, Park Assist, Camera, Lux pack.... and now bluetooth.... and now DSG!

Offline neilgcal

• Here all the time
« Reply #5 on: 27 July 2009, 15:51 »
If it sounds too good to be true it often is. Id call them back and get that insurance stuff sorted ASAP. As for you driving license, call the dealer and explain why you dont have it, Im sure you can come to some agreement.

Just spoke to the dealer and they said we will cross that bridge if you dont have it when it is ready for collection! surely they can take my passport and other utility bills??!!!

Im going to wait till i get the paperwork from Direct Line for what they have actually quoted me on and then call them back to discuss it. Should be with me tomorrow or the next day anyway.
« Last Edit: 27 July 2009, 15:54 by neilgcal »

Offline neilgcal

• Here all the time
« Reply #6 on: 27 July 2009, 15:53 »
Hmm week 31,  mine was week 34 so potentially could be being built now or next week :)

Here's hoping...

Well i only found out on week 29 that it would be week 31 that it was to be built so don't know how that changed, but yeah i guess it could come forward!

Has anyone else had their car built a week before the build week?

Offline VWKev

• I live here
  • Please Support Non-Human Rights
« Reply #7 on: 27 July 2009, 16:10 »
Damn you all !

GTI mk6, 3dr Manual (Yes Manual! If I wanted a Taxi I'd hail one, not spend £1500 on one), Candy White, Full Leather, Xenons, ACC, 18", RCD510 + Dynaudio, DAB Radio, Winter Pack, Luxury Pack, Fiscon Bluetooth Plus, Golf R LED's.

"Some say he drives a Shopping car, and that his car dent was actually a beauty spot....all we know is he's called Captain Failboat"

Offline matchboy

• I live here
« Reply #8 on: 27 July 2009, 16:22 »
Damn you all !

agreed!!  mine is week 36 and i ordered on may 4th!!
Audi RS5 2018
Gone: BMW M4 LCI Competition Package
Previous: Mk 3 Audi TTS, Porsche 981 Cayman S, Mk 7 Golf R, Mk 7 GTI, Mk 6 GTI, Mk 5 GTI and so on....

Offline Rolfe

• I live here
« Reply #9 on: 27 July 2009, 16:39 »
I ordered 8th July, and I don't have a build week at all yet.  They said, try Tuesday (which is now tomorrow).  Last Tuesday, when I called, they said they could see cars on the system with build weeks 33 and 34, but there was nothing down for mine.

How does the build week relate to the actual delivery date?

Rolfe.