Author Topic: REVO remap - Verdict  (Read 4214 times)

Offline keelaw

• I live here
  • It's here!
Re: REVO remap - Verdict
« Reply #10 on: 24 July 2009, 17:43 »
Yes, I saw it on their website
Mk6 Golf GTI 5dr, DBP, Monza Shadow, Xenons, ACC, RCD510, Park Assist, Camera, Lux pack.... and now bluetooth.... and now DSG!

Offline GrantUK

• Not said much yet
« Reply #11 on: 24 July 2009, 17:47 »
Looking forward to the long-term review mate. God, it's ruddy tempting to have the same done to mine...
:: mk6 GTI, 5dr, Reflex Silver, DSG, Monza II's, leather, RCD 510, Winter pack, Luxury pack ::

Offline Exonian

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #12 on: 24 July 2009, 20:31 »
REVO have dealers all over the UK so you don't have to go to Daventry HQ.

And R32UK, yes REVO do the Select switches for the software but it ain't cheap!
Bluefin comes with a handheld dongle as standard and is cheaper but their re-maps tend to be less aggressive than REVO.
And there are hundreds more re-mappers before the can of worms opens up. See the mk5 section for details!!!!
‘23 8R
Serial white Golf owner

Offline gossa

• I live here
« Reply #13 on: 24 July 2009, 22:01 »
Well I went for another spin today, seems to pull phenomanally between 4-6000rpm but the delivery is so smooth and progressive that it doesn't feel that different from the stock delivery, just more of it.

I also reset my average fuel consumption and today was returning low 30's whereas I normally got high 20's so there seem to be a gain there.

I got the select plus switch from Revo but haven't played around with it yet.  I was thinking that I might want to stick it back to stock for the misses to drive but it's so well mannered that I think i'll leave it.

For matey that asked, there are Revo agents based all over that can do the work, check thier website for your nearest one, APD down here in Dorset were first class.

Offline VWKev

• I live here
  • Please Support Non-Human Rights
« Reply #14 on: 24 July 2009, 22:52 »
Well I went for another spin today, seems to pull phenomanally between 4-6000rpm but the delivery is so smooth and progressive that it doesn't feel that different from the stock delivery, just more of it.

I also reset my average fuel consumption and today was returning low 30's whereas I normally got high 20's so there seem to be a gain there.

I got the select plus switch from Revo but haven't played around with it yet.  I was thinking that I might want to stick it back to stock for the misses to drive but it's so well mannered that I think i'll leave it.

For matey that asked, there are Revo agents based all over that can do the work, check thier website for your nearest one, APD down here in Dorset were first class.

Weird, from the graphs shown it was just slightly peaking then dropping off at those revs, the graphs shown most torque at 2500 - 5000.

GTI mk6, 3dr Manual (Yes Manual! If I wanted a Taxi I'd hail one, not spend £1500 on one), Candy White, Full Leather, Xenons, ACC, 18", RCD510 + Dynaudio, DAB Radio, Winter Pack, Luxury Pack, Fiscon Bluetooth Plus, Golf R LED's.

"Some say he drives a Shopping car, and that his car dent was actually a beauty spot....all we know is he's called Captain Failboat"