Author Topic: REVO remap - Verdict  (Read 4213 times)

Offline gossa

• I live here
REVO remap - Verdict
« on: 23 July 2009, 22:22 »
Well I got my car this morning back from APD in Wareham and have had a spin and here is my verdict: Wow!

Firstly a big thanks to Paul and Neal at APD for getting the car up to Daventry and to Kevin and Carl at Revo for taking care of the car.

The car is smoother and more civilised in low gears around town as long as you don't boot it, however you haven't got to be timid with the throttle, there's no wild sudden power delivery. 

When you have the right bit of road, throttle down in second can provide a little loss of grip at first, too much throttle could induce a wheelspin but as i've said in other posts, the Golf seems to get the power down better than my previous car (Scirocco) so even with the extra power and torque that Revo have unlocked, it's very usable.

So, the power, looking at the graphs that Revo posted here, we're looking at a strong gain in BHP but a real boost in torque and that is really what you feel when you press the throttle.  People speak about being 'thrown back in the seats' but the delivery is so smooth and progressive that I don't concur on that but you go very fast very quickly.  The best news is the noise, it's a lot spicier than it was, it's got that growl that it should have had from the factory, in fact in my view this is the real GTI as VW should have made it.

I'll post again when I've got some more miles on the remap.

Very, very impressed with the results, big thanks to Revo and APD.

Offline Exonian

• Serious forum addict
Re: REVO remap - Verdict
« Reply #1 on: 24 July 2009, 05:13 »
 :evil: Sounds all good to me, not that I ever needed convincing, nearly every car I've owned for the last 11 years has been re-mapped, and I change my car around once a year!!!
‘23 8R
Serial white Golf owner

Offline synnea

• Here all the time
« Reply #2 on: 24 July 2009, 08:26 »
Do you have final torque and BHP figures?
R32 : DBP : Lux Pack : Winter Pack : Cruise : Leather : Parking Sensors : Rear Tints : Armrest : RNS 510 : Ipod MediaIn : FreeView Tuner : VagCom

Offline Rhyso

• Global Moderator
  • Sir Postalot
« Reply #3 on: 24 July 2009, 08:29 »

Offline jdjd

• I live here
« Reply #4 on: 24 July 2009, 13:00 »
Im taking delivery on the 1st. I want a remap doing about maybe on the 10th? Think I can put 1000 miles on in 10days easily enough.
 Will i need to book well in advance? With revo this is. Also how much?

Offline gc76

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #5 on: 24 July 2009, 13:19 »
Will be nice to see what you think of it after a month or so
Tornado Red 5 door GTI, DSG, Monza Shadows, Lux Pack, RCD510, Park Assist & FT indicator

"Sounds just like a Golf"

Offline AlanD

• 10k hero
  • MK5 2.0T 16v
« Reply #6 on: 24 July 2009, 13:22 »
Im taking delivery on the 1st. I want a remap doing about maybe on the 10th? Think I can put 1000 miles on in 10days easily enough.
 Will i need to book well in advance? With revo this is. Also how much?

Speak to Revo . . . . ?

http://www.revotechnik.com/

Offline jdjd

• I live here
« Reply #7 on: 24 July 2009, 14:03 »

Speak to Revo . . . . ?

http://www.revotechnik.com/

thought they were trollin this forum, thx though i will

Offline AlanD

• 10k hero
  • MK5 2.0T 16v
« Reply #8 on: 24 July 2009, 14:05 »
To be fair they do, but very rarely tbh.

Offline R32UK

• Forum addict
« Reply #9 on: 24 July 2009, 17:18 »
Prices i believe to be the same as for the mk5. :smiley:

Does anyone know if its revo that provide the switch thing that allows you to select your map/settings etc??