Author Topic: Car Finally Ordered !!!  (Read 12292 times)

Offline neilgcal

• Here all the time
Re: Car Finally Ordered !!!
« Reply #20 on: 22 July 2009, 09:20 »
Its was 10 weeks after i ordered until i got a build week.

Offline R32UK

• Forum addict
« Reply #21 on: 22 July 2009, 09:38 »
Ok just to help clear this up for you guys... now this is how it worked for the mk5 so im quite sure it wont have changed much.

Factory order you will be told is 12wks. Expect delivery to take anywhere upto 15wks. Then it just depends on how commited your dealer is.

VW will already know the trend of what most orders consist of so will have their own runs of vehicles they are producing, most likely not far from basic spec. Anyone getting there car before the 12wk period will no doubt have one of these cars with the extras they required adding to them if possible.

As far as I know nothing has changed, but dealers will search around for other dealers with cars that they can take with similar specs to keep their costs down.

Offline Rolfe

• I live here
« Reply #22 on: 22 July 2009, 09:45 »
Rolfe - are you sure yours has been ordered?! I got an order form and build week on it pretty much straight away. Just got the receipt for my deposit through the post, small step I know, but heading in the right direction!

Pretty sure, no reason to think he's stringing me along.

He said he could see a number of recent orders on the system, and some cars had build weeks of 33 and 34 allocated, but mine was still sitting there without a build week.  He said they update the system about twice a week, so try again Friday, but if he happens to notice a build week appear for my car, he'll phone me.

Rolfe.

Offline keelaw

• I live here
  • It's here!
« Reply #23 on: 22 July 2009, 10:06 »

He said he could see a number of recent orders on the system, and some cars had build weeks of 33 and 34 allocated

Rolfe.

Woo hoo that's one of mine! :)

Mk6 Golf GTI 5dr, DBP, Monza Shadow, Xenons, ACC, RCD510, Park Assist, Camera, Lux pack.... and now bluetooth.... and now DSG!

Offline davoaj

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #24 on: 22 July 2009, 10:15 »
Cool, a three page thread congratulating Kev on ordering a car!!

Well done mate, all that hard work finally paid off and you've managed to create a real buzz on the forum by ordering a car!! Maybe you should get in touch with Max Clifford and arrange some kind of publicity event??  :laugh:

Seriously though, hope the wait isn't too long for you and enjoy your GTI once it arrives!

Offline Rolfe

• I live here
« Reply #25 on: 22 July 2009, 10:16 »
He said he could see a number of recent orders on the system, and some cars had build weeks of 33 and 34 allocated

Rolfe.
Woo hoo that's one of mine! :)

Dunno whether he's only seeing orders from that dealership, or that chain, though.  I was assuming he was looking at all VW orders from his own group, but I could be wrong.  I guess it's possible he was specifically viewing all current GTi builds.

Rolfe.

Offline VWKev

• I live here
  • Please Support Non-Human Rights
« Reply #26 on: 22 July 2009, 22:42 »
I think I'm gonna get a sunroof added too now. It's been bugging me, and to be honest it will keep bugging me till I just bite the bullet and add it to the car.

GTI mk6, 3dr Manual (Yes Manual! If I wanted a Taxi I'd hail one, not spend £1500 on one), Candy White, Full Leather, Xenons, ACC, 18", RCD510 + Dynaudio, DAB Radio, Winter Pack, Luxury Pack, Fiscon Bluetooth Plus, Golf R LED's.

"Some say he drives a Shopping car, and that his car dent was actually a beauty spot....all we know is he's called Captain Failboat"

Offline Rolfe

• I live here
« Reply #27 on: 22 July 2009, 22:52 »
I think I'm gonna get a sunroof added too now. It's been bugging me, and to be honest it will keep bugging me till I just bite the bullet and add it to the car.

I've ordered one, though the pics I've seen seem smoked, and I'd rather have relatively clear glass.  I like it in Scotland for brightening the whole shebang up on winter days, letting you see the moon on clear nights, and a bit of fresh air on nice days when it's not so hot you need the aircon.

Several people told me I was an idiot to spec one on the Peugeot, because of it having aircon, but I never regretted it - even when it was shut and the aircon on, the light was worth it.  And then when the aircon died in October 2006, it allowed me not to spend £600 on getting it fixed (not worth it for the age of the car).

Rolfe.

Offline keelaw

• I live here
  • It's here!
« Reply #28 on: 22 July 2009, 22:54 »

lol - i bet this is part of their "make em wait" strategy.  the longer we wait, the more we read, the more we get icthy hands and before you know it the options creep up!!
Mk6 Golf GTI 5dr, DBP, Monza Shadow, Xenons, ACC, RCD510, Park Assist, Camera, Lux pack.... and now bluetooth.... and now DSG!

Offline Rolfe

• I live here
« Reply #29 on: 22 July 2009, 22:56 »
Not me.  I was swithering even in the dealer's when I gave him my specs.  But the more we all talk about it, the more sure I am that I've got it right.

Rolfe.