Author Topic: Colour threat to values  (Read 5912 times)

Offline jdjd

• I live here
Re: Colour threat to values
« Reply #10 on: 21 July 2009, 11:54 »
tbh. My white GTI will be worth just as much as any other color GTI when it comes to sell it. Im not worried in the slightest.

Quite simply the 3dr in White simply looks sick and streets ahead of the other colors. couple that with xenons and every other extra i got somebody will be snapping my hand off when it comes to sell if I haven't stacked it.

Offline neilgcal

• Here all the time
« Reply #11 on: 21 July 2009, 12:03 »
Yeah i agree, mine will be white with xenons and all my other extras. I have never traded in a car or had to advertise one, i always have a mate or other family member which agrees to buy it about a year before im even looking to sell it!

My dad and sis are currently debating who will be getting my new GTi as a hand off in a couple of years! I haven't even had my baby delivered yet! Come to mention it, VW wont even start to build it until next week!

Offline FamilyDub

• I live here
« Reply #12 on: 21 July 2009, 12:12 »
Each to their own, but I think in my sunny part of concrete-land Lanarkshire (central Scotland) white cars look f00kin ridiculous, no matter the brand or price.

But again, each to their own!

OK, I'm all of three miles over the Lanarkshire county boundary here, but I know what you mean.

Those white cars look gorgeous in all the photos taken in the south of France.  And all polished up on the dealer's forecourt.  I was sorely tempted, being as my preferred colour of a metallic mid-blue isn't available.

Then I thought about how a white car would look actually sitting on my driveway in February.

I'm getting the Blue Graphite.

Rolfe.

Dirty!

I'm not saying white wouldn't sell as easily - especially a high-spec one - I just don't like them as much.
MKV GTI | Reflex Silver | 5-dr | Anthracite 17" | Manual | Highline MFD | Cruise | Revision 'D' DV | Dirty Pipes |

The GTD is like a blow up doll. The GTI is like a proper woman. Sure the doll might last longer, and the woman might have higher running costs, but which would you rather have?

Offline R32UK

• Forum addict
« Reply #13 on: 21 July 2009, 15:45 »
I wouldnt have thought that white would fetch more... but just ask anyone with a white ed30!! People just cant get enough of them... and any that are advertised are gone very quickly!

Offline gizzywizzy

• I live here
  • Black is definitely the stealthiest colour!!
« Reply #14 on: 21 July 2009, 16:18 »
As many say "each to their own" personally I hate white cars, they just look so boring and drab!! :evil:
Deep Black Pearl Mk7 GT TDI 150.

Offline keelaw

• I live here
  • It's here!
« Reply #15 on: 21 July 2009, 16:46 »

Considering white is free, you've got nothing to lose and everything (infinite) to gain!

I still prefer the deep pearl black though :)

I wonder if anyone opts for the solid black - the dealer was actively discouraging me from it.

Mk6 Golf GTI 5dr, DBP, Monza Shadow, Xenons, ACC, RCD510, Park Assist, Camera, Lux pack.... and now bluetooth.... and now DSG!

Offline R32UK

• Forum addict
« Reply #16 on: 21 July 2009, 17:22 »

Considering white is free, you've got nothing to lose and everything (infinite) to gain!

I still prefer the deep pearl black though :)

I wonder if anyone opts for the solid black - the dealer was actively discouraging me from it.

I have the solid black on mine and defo prefer it to the dpblack. Gives a much deeper shine when clean and seems to stay new looking for longer. Lots of people just choose metallic because it seems like the right thing to do when choosing a colour... but I cant ever see myself going for a met again

Offline R32UK

• Forum addict
« Reply #17 on: 21 July 2009, 17:25 »
As many say "each to their own" personally I hate white cars, they just look so boring and drab!! :evil:

I would normally agree.... but I ordered one :lipsrsealed: :grin:

Offline gizzywizzy

• I live here
  • Black is definitely the stealthiest colour!!
« Reply #18 on: 21 July 2009, 17:41 »
Er R32UK how many cars do you have? first you say you have a solid black and then you say you've ordered a white car!! me? well i'm just a tad confused :laugh: :laugh:
Deep Black Pearl Mk7 GT TDI 150.

Offline Exonian

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #19 on: 21 July 2009, 17:47 »
He's GOT a solid black R32 and has a white mk6 on ORDER. New car arrives, old car goes.  :smiley:

‘23 8R
Serial white Golf owner