Author Topic: Some questions  (Read 4039 times)

Offline Rolfe

• I live here
Re: Some questions
« Reply #10 on: 20 July 2009, 14:39 »
They probably dont because if they are anything like the mk5's mirrors there isnt any point in folding them in. Waste of money if all you gain is 2inches.. pointless feature imo :undecided:

In that case, you haven't seen my garage door....

Even though the space doesn't amount to much, doesn't it make the mirrors less likely to be snagged by someone passing, because the rounded back is facing out?

Rolfe.

Offline VWKev

• I live here
  • Please Support Non-Human Rights
« Reply #11 on: 20 July 2009, 15:11 »
They probably dont because if they are anything like the mk5's mirrors there isnt any point in folding them in. Waste of money if all you gain is 2inches.. pointless feature imo :undecided:

I've had my mirror's whacked off 3 times in my lifetime, not cheap to repair either. If that extra 2" prevents this, then its all good imo.

GTI mk6, 3dr Manual (Yes Manual! If I wanted a Taxi I'd hail one, not spend £1500 on one), Candy White, Full Leather, Xenons, ACC, 18", RCD510 + Dynaudio, DAB Radio, Winter Pack, Luxury Pack, Fiscon Bluetooth Plus, Golf R LED's.

"Some say he drives a Shopping car, and that his car dent was actually a beauty spot....all we know is he's called Captain Failboat"

Offline nokiauk

• Just got here
« Reply #12 on: 20 July 2009, 20:48 »
Spoke to a non local dealer today about the mirrors/alarm chirp, guy I spoke to seemed to know what I was on about unlike my local dealer, he said he would see if he could get a technician to interrogate one of the MK6's they have lying about to see what can and what can't be changed via the cars computer.  He also admitted there were loads of undocumented features available on most of the VW range.

Offline simonpolly

• I live here
« Reply #13 on: 20 July 2009, 21:08 »
/quote]some people would pay alot of money for two extra inches :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
Golfgti build quality is average at best.

Offline VWKev

• I live here
« Reply #14 on: 20 July 2009, 21:22 »
/quote]some people would pay alot of money for two extra inches :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

:grin: :grin:

Are you planning something you have not shared with us yet simon ?  :laugh:

GTI mk6, 3dr Manual (Yes Manual! If I wanted a Taxi I'd hail one, not spend £1500 on one), Candy White, Full Leather, Xenons, ACC, 18", RCD510 + Dynaudio, DAB Radio, Winter Pack, Luxury Pack, Fiscon Bluetooth Plus, Golf R LED's.

"Some say he drives a Shopping car, and that his car dent was actually a beauty spot....all we know is he's called Captain Failboat"

Offline simonpolly

• I live here
« Reply #15 on: 20 July 2009, 21:26 »
 :laugh:i`ll sell you a couple of inches i have plenty to spare,wish i had 9" instead of this monster :laugh: :laugh:,old ones are the best

Offline VWKev

• I live here
« Reply #16 on: 20 July 2009, 21:32 »
:laugh:i`ll sell you a couple of inches i have plenty to spare,wish i had 9" instead of this monster :laugh: :laugh:,old ones are the best

It's all in the girth mate  :laugh:

Offline simonpolly

• I live here
« Reply #17 on: 20 July 2009, 21:33 »
 :laugh:

Offline R32UK

• Forum addict
« Reply #18 on: 21 July 2009, 13:53 »
I would just try them before its something you spec... If they are similar to the MK5 then I would say even 2" is being slightly generous.