Author Topic: Some questions  (Read 4040 times)

Offline nokiauk

• Just got here
Some questions
« on: 19 July 2009, 22:51 »
Just came across this forum and have a couple of questions.

1. Can the alarm chirp be enabled on lock/unlock as per the MK5 GTI?
2. I have the luxury pack which has electric folding mirrors, can the be enabled to fold on locking as per the new Skoda Octavia VRS?

Thanks

Offline Rolfe

• I live here
Re: Some questions
« Reply #1 on: 19 July 2009, 23:23 »
You mean you've got an actual CAR??   :grin:

I suspect you're in a minorty right now.  There are a few though.

I'll be interested in the answer to the second one, because I've got the luxury pack on order myself.

Rolfe.

Offline keelaw

• I live here
  • It's here!
« Reply #2 on: 20 July 2009, 07:33 »
re: folding mirrors, i was told by the dealer that they were operated by the electric mirror switches on the inside of the car.

i'm sceptical though, as often i've not had 100% conclusive answers from dealers....

Mk6 Golf GTI 5dr, DBP, Monza Shadow, Xenons, ACC, RCD510, Park Assist, Camera, Lux pack.... and now bluetooth.... and now DSG!

Offline gizzywizzy

• I live here
  • Black is definitely the stealthiest colour!!
« Reply #3 on: 20 July 2009, 10:09 »
My current car a Peugeot 307 has electric folding doors which are activated by the remote control ie they fold shut on locking and open on unlocking.  I was going to add the luxury pack to my spec to again get this handy option, but was told by my dealer that they do not fold on unlock or lock but are operated from inside the car.  I therefore decided it was not worth the extra outlay so went for the winter pack instead.
Deep Black Pearl Mk7 GT TDI 150.

Offline gizzywizzy

• I live here
  • Black is definitely the stealthiest colour!!
« Reply #4 on: 20 July 2009, 10:11 »
Doh!!! I mean electric folding door mirrors, not electric folding doors :laugh: :laugh:
Deep Black Pearl Mk7 GT TDI 150.

Offline synnea

• Here all the time
« Reply #5 on: 20 July 2009, 10:40 »
The mirrors will only fold on the switch. I have vagcom and can find nowhere to even code them to fold when the doors are locked. I would like this feature too but it seems it can't be done. 
R32 : DBP : Lux Pack : Winter Pack : Cruise : Leather : Parking Sensors : Rear Tints : Armrest : RNS 510 : Ipod MediaIn : FreeView Tuner : VagCom

Offline AlanD

• 10k hero
  • MK5 2.0T 16v
« Reply #6 on: 20 July 2009, 10:40 »
An educated guess would be yes to both questions via VAGCOM. You will need to get someone to plug into your car with it and have a play and see what they come up with. Speak to dealer, they might even do it for free seeing as you just spent a massive wod of money with them.

Offline neilgcal

• Here all the time
« Reply #7 on: 20 July 2009, 11:19 »
I have another question for anyone who already has a mkVI GTI.

Does the key feature a VW logo or does it have a GTI one???

The most pointless question i think i have asked on this forum! This could sway to me to cancel my order if i get the wrong answer!!  :grin:   :grin:

Thanks

Offline Rolfe

• I live here
« Reply #8 on: 20 July 2009, 11:51 »
The mirrors will only fold on the switch. I have vagcom and can find nowhere to even code them to fold when the doors are locked. I would like this feature too but it seems it can't be done. 

I really want the folding mirrors to make it easier to reverse into my garage.  But I can see the sense in having them fold automatically when the car is locked.  I wonder why they don't do that?

Rolfe.

Offline R32UK

• Forum addict
« Reply #9 on: 20 July 2009, 13:45 »
They probably dont because if they are anything like the mk5's mirrors there isnt any point in folding them in. Waste of money if all you gain is 2inches.. pointless feature imo :undecided: