Author Topic: Leather seats  (Read 15383 times)

Offline adw555

• Here all the time
Re: Leather seats
« Reply #10 on: 15 July 2009, 18:53 »
Have the cloth in my 05 GTI and it still looks as good as it did when it was new, some 4 1/5 years ago.....the new car will have leather, only because it was already built and I didnt want to wait until October for an ordered one...I'm not expecting it to last as well as the current car's cloth...even though I'm careful and don't let others into the car  :wink:

Offline gossa

• I live here
« Reply #11 on: 15 July 2009, 21:42 »
I went for the cloth and on the first clean I was waxing the roof with the door open and dropped the wax applicator inside the car and put wax all over the seat bolster.  Called Autoglym (as is was HD wax) and they said use their shampoo which got it off completely.

The cloth seats are a tad scratchy in comparison to the leather in my scirocco but no way would i pay the extra for it as you'll ever see the money back come trade in time. 

Offline ub7rm

• I live here
« Reply #12 on: 15 July 2009, 22:30 »
Traditionally the only extra that made its money come selling time was metallic paint.

I reckon nav and xenons might be part of that club now but I agree leather isn't going to help us come resale time  :sad:
2020 BMW 128ti
2017 Golf GTD Estate

Offline VWKev

• I live here
  • Please Support Non-Human Rights
« Reply #13 on: 15 July 2009, 22:35 »
Traditionally the only extra that made its money come selling time was metallic paint.

I reckon nav and xenons might be part of that club now but I agree leather isn't going to help us come resale time  :sad:

a £360 metallic colour will be worth money, but a £1600 extra is going to be worth £0 when it comes to selling our cars ?

GTI mk6, 3dr Manual (Yes Manual! If I wanted a Taxi I'd hail one, not spend £1500 on one), Candy White, Full Leather, Xenons, ACC, 18", RCD510 + Dynaudio, DAB Radio, Winter Pack, Luxury Pack, Fiscon Bluetooth Plus, Golf R LED's.

"Some say he drives a Shopping car, and that his car dent was actually a beauty spot....all we know is he's called Captain Failboat"

Offline Rolfe

• I live here
« Reply #14 on: 15 July 2009, 22:43 »
I think the DSG might improve resale value, but probably not a sunroof.  Not sure about ACC, probably not I suppose.

I was mainly thinking about the hard-wearing qualities of the leather - or otherwise.  Don't like the sound of all the scuffing and sagging.  Is it really that bad?

Rolfe.

Offline VWKev

• I live here
« Reply #15 on: 15 July 2009, 22:55 »
I think the DSG might improve resale value, but probably not a sunroof.  Not sure about ACC, probably not I suppose.

I was mainly thinking about the hard-wearing qualities of the leather - or otherwise.  Don't like the sound of all the scuffing and sagging.  Is it really that bad?

Rolfe.

No its definately not that bad. Everything has good and bad points, you just have to decide what is best for you regardless.

I mean, say you decide to get the standard seats. As nice as they are, they also have bad points. When I did my test drive I was wearing a standard thin jumper, can't remember the material exactly but the seats were like velcro, when I got out the car there was sooooo much fluff pulled from my jumper that stuck to the seats, I was only in the car about 20 mins. Took ages to get it off. Can you imagine this over time ? Here is a pic to show roughly what it was like.

Yes it may be easier to remove with a sticky roller etc, but that was a downside I noticed on those seats, and in turn you wouldnt have that prob with leather. My point is, and as I said earlier, everything has its good and bad points. I certainly don't think the 'sag' in the leather will be that bad, unless of course your 50 stone, but don't blame the leather seats for that  :grin:

GTI mk6, 3dr Manual (Yes Manual! If I wanted a Taxi I'd hail one, not spend £1500 on one), Candy White, Full Leather, Xenons, ACC, 18", RCD510 + Dynaudio, DAB Radio, Winter Pack, Luxury Pack, Fiscon Bluetooth Plus, Golf R LED's.

"Some say he drives a Shopping car, and that his car dent was actually a beauty spot....all we know is he's called Captain Failboat"

Offline howlingmoon

• Here all the time
« Reply #16 on: 15 July 2009, 22:59 »
ha ha ha that was simply hilarious... my only advice, get a better jacket... and I sincerely hope it aint your body hair...
« Last Edit: 15 July 2009, 23:05 by howlingmoon »
GTI Mk6 United Grey, 18" Monza Shadows, RNS310, Executive Package, ACC

Offline AndyC

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #17 on: 15 July 2009, 23:02 »
my mk6 gti as come with leather, only because the dealer thru them in for free :smiley:
Previous:- Pearl Black Golf GTI MK5

Previous:-White Golf GTI MK6

Currently:-White Golf R

Offline Rolfe

• I live here
« Reply #18 on: 15 July 2009, 23:15 »
TANSTAAFL!   :grin:

Rolfe.

Offline VWKev

• I live here
« Reply #19 on: 15 July 2009, 23:16 »
ha ha ha that was simply hilarious... my only advice, get a better jacket... and I sincerely hope it aint your body hair...

Was it even more funnier than the fact you cant read ?