Author Topic: Wheels for the MK6??  (Read 4125 times)

Offline R32UK

• Forum addict
Wheels for the MK6??
« on: 15 July 2009, 14:15 »
Now I know that this subject will not interest many MK6 gti owners (yet!!  :evil:)

If Im honest im not usually one for exterior mods.... however as my car is coming with the 17" wheels I feel now is about the right time to find myself some new wheels to go on the mk6. So are their any suggestions as to wheels out there that would suit the mk6??

Only conditions are that they must be 18" or bigger + genuine, as reps will not do!  :cool:

Obvious choice is the monza II shadows... which I have considered but as the originals would cost a fortune may as well go with something newer :laugh:

Offline jaydubveedub

• I live here
Re: Wheels for the MK6??
« Reply #1 on: 15 July 2009, 15:55 »
My personal favourites are the 18" Monzas, either the Monza II's or the newer shadows.

As something a bit different, I have always liked the 18" Chicago wheel that VW offer as an option on the Eos and Passat. I actually think they would look really good on a Golf or a Scirocco.
2003 Passat 1.9 Sport TDI Wagon | Inky Blue | Lots of Wax

Offline Exonian

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #2 on: 15 July 2009, 16:16 »
I would say whatever suits a mk5 would also look good on a mk6!
I would also check the terms and conditions of your lease too as you may end up in poo street if anything happens and it specifically states not to modify the car. The only way I could think of getting round that would be to ensure you are using genuine VW approved 'accessory' wheels.

‘23 8R
Serial white Golf owner

Offline R32UK

• Forum addict
« Reply #3 on: 15 July 2009, 16:28 »
I would say whatever suits a mk5 would also look good on a mk6!
I would also check the terms and conditions of your lease too as you may end up in poo street if anything happens and it specifically states not to modify the car. The only way I could think of getting round that would be to ensure you are using genuine VW approved 'accessory' wheels.

looking at a couple of options.. but would probably stick with VW/Audi wheels anyway. Will clear it with them first but I wont imagine it would be a problem as long as my insurance cover me. Better to be safe than sorry i guess. :undecided:

Offline dan_apps

• I live here
  • too low for british roads!
« Reply #4 on: 15 July 2009, 16:55 »
BBS always a good choice :cool:
ch/ck upto u?

if youve got a nice budget a nice set of schmidts would be my first choice but comes with a pricetag of upto 4k :shocked: they look ossum though!

what colour mk6 you getting & 3 or 5 door?

Offline R32UK

• Forum addict
« Reply #5 on: 15 July 2009, 17:17 »
BBS always a good choice :cool:
ch/ck upto u?

if youve got a nice budget a nice set of schmidts would be my first choice but comes with a pricetag of upto 4k :shocked: they look ossum though!

what colour mk6 you getting & 3 or 5 door?

5dr in white... bbs seem right up my street :cool: On resisted the CH's and Ck's as they have been done to death :undecided:

Offline mac7

• I live here
« Reply #6 on: 15 July 2009, 17:32 »
How about a set of these 19" Oettinger rims:

Golf R

Offline R32UK

• Forum addict
« Reply #7 on: 15 July 2009, 17:35 »
^^  :cool: :cool: The actually look very nice as usually the oettinger stuff is a little OTT. Not sure about the writing on the wheels though  :huh:

Offline VWKev

• I live here
  • Please Support Non-Human Rights
« Reply #8 on: 15 July 2009, 22:44 »
Those Oettinger alloy's are gorgeous, how much are they ?

GTI mk6, 3dr Manual (Yes Manual! If I wanted a Taxi I'd hail one, not spend £1500 on one), Candy White, Full Leather, Xenons, ACC, 18", RCD510 + Dynaudio, DAB Radio, Winter Pack, Luxury Pack, Fiscon Bluetooth Plus, Golf R LED's.

"Some say he drives a Shopping car, and that his car dent was actually a beauty spot....all we know is he's called Captain Failboat"

Offline FroGTI

• I live here
  • Wheel nut
« Reply #9 on: 16 July 2009, 08:58 »
I don't like either the 17" or 18" wheels on the GTI, so ordered mine with the 17", which I have already 'presold' to a guy who has just bought an 'ordinary' Golf. Six weeks ago, I bought a brand new set of 18" Interlagos + tyres from a guy in Germany who had just taken delivery of a Scirocco, but wanted some 19" wheels.

I took them to my dealer yesterday, before I disappear on holiday, so that he can fit them to my GTI as soon as it arrives.

Total cost of the swap, about £90 :)