Author Topic: Bluetooth Phone Prep - Which Phones are compatible ?  (Read 7767 times)

Offline keelaw

• I live here
  • It's here!
Re: Bluetooth Phone Prep - Which Phones are compatible ?
« Reply #10 on: 19 July 2009, 21:23 »
don't forget to log which colour you got!

hmm... i think i'll prob get the bluetooth prep.  sounds really good :)
Mk6 Golf GTI 5dr, DBP, Monza Shadow, Xenons, ACC, RCD510, Park Assist, Camera, Lux pack.... and now bluetooth.... and now DSG!

Offline Catmando

• Just got here
« Reply #11 on: 20 July 2009, 10:05 »
don't forget to log which colour you got!

hmm... i think i'll prob get the bluetooth prep.  sounds really good :)

I've gone for the Steel Grey!

Offline keelaw

• I live here
  • It's here!
« Reply #12 on: 20 July 2009, 21:36 »
some more useful posts I've found:

"All the Nseries and Eseries phones have RSAP as far as I know since this is in fact a feature of S60. I know for a fact that my N73, N95 and N96 do.

Go to this page:

http://www.forum.nokia.com/devices/matrix_all_1.html

Set the "Devices filtered by" to S60, and you'll get a list of S60 phones.

Since the 6230i does this too, it's reasonable to assume that all S40 2nd Ed. phones and later do it.

In other words, pretty much every Nokia phone available on the market today must have this ability.

If there are any particular models that you're considering, we can probably find out if they have the RSAP profile.  "

Looking at the Nokia specs, I believe it is the "SAP" feature under Connectivity>Bluetooth Profiles which determines whether the phone is compatible with the VW bluetooth kit.

Also there is a list here of SAP phones, in German, but scroll down and you can work it out :)

http://de.wikipedia.org/wiki/RSAP

Mk6 Golf GTI 5dr, DBP, Monza Shadow, Xenons, ACC, RCD510, Park Assist, Camera, Lux pack.... and now bluetooth.... and now DSG!

Offline neilgcal

• Here all the time
« Reply #13 on: 20 July 2009, 22:07 »
It says my Samsung Tocco F480 is compatible but my dealer told me it wasn't and i have now taken the option of my order. Getting a retrofit kit which does the same though.