Author Topic: Am I missing something?  (Read 6685 times)

Offline jdjd

• I live here
Am I missing something?
« on: 10 July 2009, 23:16 »
How is it that I order my car long before most on these forums bar a couple, Yet people all seem to be getting delivery times ahead of mine, Ive been pushed back to Sept 1st now. I dont think ive ordered anything that nobody else hasn't, Leather,White,3dr,Xenons,RCD-10,18" + tyre pressure and all that crap.
 Yet I got given build week 31.
 Is my dealer just crap, Took a £1000 deposit which they've had for like 4months nearly by time car will be delievered.
 P:S originally I was told July 30th

Offline Exonian

• Serious forum addict
Re: Am I missing something?
« Reply #1 on: 11 July 2009, 05:04 »
A call to VW customer care maybe?
‘23 8R
Serial white Golf owner

Offline simonpolly

• I live here
« Reply #2 on: 11 July 2009, 06:11 »
when i ordered the dealer said they had pre ordered 4 mk6 gti`s the idea being if someone like me came in and wanted one to there own spec they could alter the order,basically they had booked there place in the queue,seems to have worked being as i ordered on 22nd of may and its in next week,less than 10 weeks i think.
Golfgti build quality is average at best.

Offline FroGTI

• I live here
  • Wheel nut
« Reply #3 on: 11 July 2009, 08:26 »
I know how you feel  :sad: I ordered the very first day the car was launched here in France (May 1) and am still looking at a mid-August delivery. My dealer says it's because I ordered a bespoke car, but I haven't really taken any unusual options apart from maybe the winter pack (heated seats).

This is the longest I have ever had to wait for a new car and it is a bit frustrating when you see people on here and other forums getting their cars just a few weeks after they ordered.

Offline Rolfe

• I live here
« Reply #4 on: 11 July 2009, 11:42 »
I ordered last Wednesday and the dealer said maybe September.  But I'm not counting on it.  The other dealer I spoke to said 3 months, which would take us into October.

It would be niice to have it for the summer, but as I'm getting such a good deal (£4,000 off list including scrappage on the old car) I'm not going to b!tch about a bit of a wait.  The old car is still running fine anyway, touch wood.

Rolfe.

Offline howlingmoon

• Here all the time
« Reply #5 on: 11 July 2009, 18:30 »
Hi all,

I ordered my manual United Grey Golf GTI Mk6 with Executive package, 18" wheels, 35% tint and ACC on 09/06/09 and my car arrived on 18 June 2009. According to the dealership, they had ordered the car way back in February and coincidentally it matches what I had in mind. I am now just waiting for the paperwork to get done. It will take 2 weeks or so for the Dutch Road Transport Dept to issue the license numbers. So it takes approximately 4 months to get the car....

HM
GTI Mk6 United Grey, 18" Monza Shadows, RNS310, Executive Package, ACC

Offline Rolfe

• I live here
« Reply #6 on: 11 July 2009, 18:57 »
What do you get with an "Executive package"?  That's not one of the options the Brits get to choose.

Rolfe.

Offline gizzywizzy

• I live here
  • Black is definitely the stealthiest colour!!
« Reply #7 on: 11 July 2009, 19:39 »
How about some pics when you take delivery so that us Brits can see the different colour and spec of cars purchased on the continent!  Meanwhile hope you enjoy your car when you get it. :laugh:
Deep Black Pearl Mk7 GT TDI 150.

Offline howlingmoon

• Here all the time
« Reply #8 on: 11 July 2009, 19:40 »
The Executive Package includes the Volkswagen touchscreen with colour radio-navigation system ‘RNS 310’, CD-Rom Player, onboard computer plus display, MP3 player, Benelux CD-Rom for the navigation, 2 Cup Holders, Multifunction leather sterring wheel with leather gear shift and handgrip, multimedia and telephone adapter.

I am not a Dutch speaker so translation is not that accurate. I attached the Dutch version below in case someone can better translate it.

Inhoud Executive pakket:
• Volkswagen radio-navigatiesysteem ‘RNS 310’
• Touchscreen navigatiesysteem met kleurenscherm
• Cd-rom speler, afspelen en navigeren tegelijkertijd
• Weergave rijrichting op het display van de boordcomputer
• Geschikt voor mp3 (cd) met titelweergave
• Cd-rom voor Benelux (te bestellen als accessoire)
• Middenarmsteun vóór, inclusief opbergvak
• Twee bekerhouders achter
• Multifunctioneel lederen stuurwiel
(bij DSG met tiptronic-bediening aan het stuur)
• Lederen schakelpookknop en handremgreep
• Multimedia aansluitbox
• Telefoonvoorbereiding (telefoonhouder te bestellen
als accessoire)

Offline howlingmoon

• Here all the time
« Reply #9 on: 11 July 2009, 19:47 »
How about some pics when you take delivery so that us Brits can see the different colour and spec of cars purchased on the continent!  Meanwhile hope you enjoy your car when you get it. :laugh:

Sure I will upload some pics of the car when I get it. I have not seen much United Grey versions of the Golf GTI so far but I hear its a popular colour in the Netherlands.

HM