Author Topic: Mk6 GTI 0-60mph  (Read 22277 times)

Offline VWKev

• I live here
  • Please Support Non-Human Rights
Re: Mk6 GTI 0-60mph
« Reply #10 on: 10 July 2009, 13:29 »
What's the point of the 18 inch wheels then?

They're less comfortable as a ride.
They slow the car down.

I agree the shadow design is quite pretty (thought not £415 worth of pretty), but you cuold just as easily use the shadow trims in a 17 inch size.

Rolfe.

For me, they look better, makes the arches less 'gappy', different from the standard alloys, and lower profile tyres on the 18's, also say you want to remap your car, you can then fit bigger brakes without changing alloys n stuff like that. I'm sure there's more, but the performance hit is very minimal, I'd only think about performance if you went from say 16" to something like 19".

GTI mk6, 3dr Manual (Yes Manual! If I wanted a Taxi I'd hail one, not spend £1500 on one), Candy White, Full Leather, Xenons, ACC, 18", RCD510 + Dynaudio, DAB Radio, Winter Pack, Luxury Pack, Fiscon Bluetooth Plus, Golf R LED's.

"Some say he drives a Shopping car, and that his car dent was actually a beauty spot....all we know is he's called Captain Failboat"

Offline VWKev

• I live here
« Reply #11 on: 10 July 2009, 13:33 »
Forgot to add, better handling too. My mind is all over the place today.

GTI mk6, 3dr Manual (Yes Manual! If I wanted a Taxi I'd hail one, not spend £1500 on one), Candy White, Full Leather, Xenons, ACC, 18", RCD510 + Dynaudio, DAB Radio, Winter Pack, Luxury Pack, Fiscon Bluetooth Plus, Golf R LED's.

"Some say he drives a Shopping car, and that his car dent was actually a beauty spot....all we know is he's called Captain Failboat"

Offline matchboy

• I live here
« Reply #12 on: 10 July 2009, 13:49 »
for me, i'd rather take a minimal performance loss in terms of speed and have the 18's as in my opinion along with xenons they are a must have - totally finish the car off and make it look the nuts!
Audi RS5 2018
Gone: BMW M4 LCI Competition Package
Previous: Mk 3 Audi TTS, Porsche 981 Cayman S, Mk 7 Golf R, Mk 7 GTI, Mk 6 GTI, Mk 5 GTI and so on....

Offline VWKev

• I live here
« Reply #13 on: 10 July 2009, 14:15 »
for me, i'd rather take a minimal performance loss in terms of speed and have the 18's as in my opinion along with xenons they are a must have - totally finish the car off and make it look the nuts!

Agreed one billion and a half percent.

Offline matchboy

• I live here
« Reply #14 on: 10 July 2009, 14:40 »
glad i'm not the only one - the 18s make all the difference!!  are you getting a mk 6 vwkev?  if so what spec you ordered?
Audi RS5 2018
Previous: Mk 3 Audi TTS, Porsche 981 Cayman S, Mk 7 Golf R, Mk 7 GTI, Mk 6 GTI, Mk 5 GTI and so on....

Offline Rolfe

• I live here
« Reply #15 on: 10 July 2009, 14:49 »
Oh, I'm not knocking the wheels, or the lights.  They don't do anything for me, but I can see they're important to the afficionados.

Rolfe.

Offline matchboy

• I live here
« Reply #16 on: 10 July 2009, 14:52 »
i know you weren't having a go!  it's all down to personal preference i suppose - for me those things are important but then i have no desire to get parking sensors or cruise control or anything like that - its what you want and find important, as its down to each of us to pay for our own car each month!!
Audi RS5 2018

Offline VWKev

• I live here
« Reply #17 on: 10 July 2009, 14:56 »
glad i'm not the only one - the 18s make all the difference!!  are you getting a mk 6 vwkev?  if so what spec you ordered?

Yes I will be ordering week after next, my spec will be 3dr manual in white, full leather, xenons, 18", rcd510 + dynaudio speakers, winter pack and luxury pack, I'm now mulling over the sunroof too.

Offline Rolfe

• I live here
« Reply #18 on: 10 July 2009, 15:13 »
I've gone for the sunroof, because I really love the light it lets into the car.  (People scoffed when I specified one on the Peugeot all these years ago, because of the A/C, but the A/C died nearly three years ago and the sunroof has been very handy!)

As far as sheer bling goes, it's the leather that attracts me.  However, I like the cloth trim too, and I have trouble feeling the leather is worth an extra £1,675 - to me that is.  This opinion is subject to change without notice, however!

These discussions are great for helping make up one's mind.  The car has all those variable specs for a reason - because different people need different things, and different people like different things.  The discussions help everyone decide whether each item is something they personally need or want.

Who are you ordering from, Kev?  It's shame you didn't manage to snare one of the good DealDrivers prices, when you were the one who noticed the site in the first place.  Or have you got someone local?  (I didn't find Broadspeed any good I'm afraid, but that might have been because they weren't interested in going any further than the basics on a scrappage deal.)

Rolfe.

Offline simonpolly

• I live here
« Reply #19 on: 10 July 2009, 15:18 »
0-62 in 6.9 secs as per vw stats,but like you say vw will understate the speed because not all cars will be the same performance wise,put 10 gti mk6`s on a rolling road and all will have different bhp,all you can say is it will do 0-62 in 6.9 secs or under.
Golfgti build quality is average at best.