Author Topic: Carbon grey Mk 6  (Read 26143 times)

Offline Rolfe

• I live here
Re: Carbon grey Mk 6
« Reply #10 on: 10 July 2009, 10:10 »
If you look carefully, there are a lot of trees close by.  I think we're seeing a green tinge from the foliage reflected in the high polish on the car.

Very, very pretty.

(But it's still a grey car.  Want colour!  Why so few options?)

Rolfe.

Offline andykram

• I live here
« Reply #11 on: 10 July 2009, 19:21 »
To be fair I don't know where the dealer's compound is but it is central Doncaster so it's all a bit grey and industrial around. I assume the car hasn't been finally prepped either so I'm hoping it'll be more like the first one when I pick it up next Saturday.
God, that's seven days away - I bet they're the slowest seven days in history!!!

Offline andykram

• I live here
« Reply #12 on: 10 July 2009, 19:26 »
By the way the hearts were standard. It shows I'm in love!!!!

Offline gizzywizzy

• I live here
  • Black is definitely the stealthiest colour!!
« Reply #13 on: 10 July 2009, 20:25 »
Why do so many of you who have gone for red or white diss the black?  It is a matter of personal choice and I think it is a class colour for such a good looking car.

I did think of red but then a mate told me that they are the worst colour to try and sell on later.
But no offence to anyone, we all love the colour of car we have chosen and wouldn't it be a rotten old world if we all liked the same thing.  So each to his or her own. lol
Deep Black Pearl Mk7 GT TDI 150.

Offline koop22

• Not said much yet
« Reply #14 on: 10 July 2009, 20:34 »
isnt that STEEL grey? and carbon grey is slightly lighter?  :shocked: :huh: :huh: :laugh:

Offline jdjd

• I live here
« Reply #15 on: 10 July 2009, 23:18 »
Ide tell em to f***off, 401 miles on delivery?

Offline jdjd

• I live here
« Reply #16 on: 10 July 2009, 23:19 »
P:S Im also from Doncaster, Might see you about ill be sure to give u a wave, Look out for a White one same as yours come september, Still dont see how you've got yours so much b4 mine but anyway. Hayselden I take it?

Offline Exonian

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #17 on: 11 July 2009, 05:03 »
isnt that STEEL grey? and carbon grey is slightly lighter?  :shocked: :huh: :huh: :laugh:

Steel grey is the lighter shade. My mk5 is steel grey and it's not at all a dark grey. The mk6 Steel Grey does look slightly darker than my mk5 in the flesh though, as I was looking over one in my local dealer on Thursday.
Carbon Grey is very dark, similar to Atlas Grey on mk2s if you're old enough to remember that far back (I am!). Both nice shades if you like grey like I do (yes, I'm boring).

I have a hunch that VW will introduce more shades a year or two down the line. As right hand drive cars are built in batches because the machines have to be changed arount to make them economies of scale probably factor in. Hence they charge a silly premium for the fancy colours on left hookers as they are then painted in very small batches and you pay for the privilige of that, thus adding in right hand drivers too would mean even smaller batches and even more £££££, thus VW UK wouldn't entertain it. Just a hunch anyway.  :undecided:
‘23 8R
Serial white Golf owner

Offline andykram

• I live here
« Reply #18 on: 11 July 2009, 14:24 »
Yes jdjd it is from Haysleden in Donny. I said in the original post I can't work out delivery times. Iwas expecting 10-12 weeks which means it would come in mid August which is why I would have taken it on the 1st September. The salesman was as surprised as me when it turned up last Wednesday after just 6 weeks and 2 days!!!! As I said, perhaps it's because it's a simple spec without the big ticket items like leather. A sunroof is also going to delay them as so few are ordered with one.
Anyway, I'm not complaining - just roll on next Saturday

Offline Rolfe

• I live here
« Reply #19 on: 11 July 2009, 14:29 »
The first dealer I spoke to said "three months irrespective of the options selected."
The second said "maybe September" even though he knew I'd specified a sunroof.

Better just wait and see what happens, I reckon.

Rolfe.