Author Topic: It`s on the boat  (Read 7505 times)

Offline neilgcal

• Here all the time
Re: It`s on the boat
« Reply #20 on: 18 July 2009, 20:32 »
i have switched a car before and it is fine and they charge no fees. They just need auth from the bank.

Offline koop22

• Not said much yet
« Reply #21 on: 18 July 2009, 22:40 »
what questions do the bank ask? jus so im well aware  :shocked: :rolleyes:

Offline Exonian

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #22 on: 19 July 2009, 13:51 »
The bank will speak to the salesman briefly then just ask you a few questions about your account. Normally some security stuff (not much) and maybe ask you for a couple of transactions you have done recently just to prove you're not some toe-rag that's just stolen the card.
‘23 8R
Serial white Golf owner

Offline simonpolly

• I live here
« Reply #23 on: 20 July 2009, 18:54 »
I know i said i would`nt look at the car untill i can drive it home but :laugh:i could`nt help myself was driving past on my way from work,there she is parked behind the compound fence,they have put my plate on and prepared it and it looks fantastic.3dr pearl black, monza shadows,510 and dyno audio,dab,electric mirrors.
Golfgti build quality is average at best.

Offline gizzywizzy

• I live here
  • Black is definitely the stealthiest colour!!
« Reply #24 on: 20 July 2009, 19:44 »
You lucky so and so, well maybe mine wasn't on the same boat as yours after all cos I've heard nothing since being told mine was being shipped last week!!! :cry: :cry:

So I am still sitting here in excited anticipation of receiving that call. :sad:
Deep Black Pearl Mk7 GT TDI 150.

Offline neilgcal

• Here all the time
« Reply #25 on: 21 July 2009, 00:07 »
Hey Simon, what build week was your car? Just trying to work out how quickly i might get mine from when it goes into the factory which is Monday 27Jul.

Offline simonpolly

• I live here
« Reply #26 on: 21 July 2009, 08:37 »
Mine was build week 27,ordered on 22nd may came into the dealer on  the 18th july.just waiting on dvla for number transfer
Golfgti build quality is average at best.

Offline neilgcal

• Here all the time
« Reply #27 on: 21 July 2009, 09:31 »
Cheers, im guessing mine might arrive at the dealer about 15August then. Guess my plate transfer may slow things up too!!

Offline jdjd

• I live here
« Reply #28 on: 21 July 2009, 11:44 »
I bought a yamaha Raptor 700 for £5600 about a month ago paid by debitcard, sick to death of waiting for a car that seemed forever away with constent in my opinion lies from the dealer about when the car was ordered.
 1st u try to put the payment though the card. It'll go though print the paper off, However just b4 u think its completed it comes up with some error, And asks for Authorization.
 A 12 digit number will appear on the card machine asking the operator IE in your car salesmen, to call a number to authorize the payement. This is where the fun begins!
 I bank with HSBC and this number that appears in the box actually connects you with the credit card machine operators, In my case i think it was Elavon, (NOT YOUR BANK) Who in turn have to contact your bank for Authorization. The bank issue a number that you can type into the credit card machine which allow you to proceed with the payment.

However dont be fooled into thinking this is easy. The above process took me like 1hour 45min. As the original number put me though to some helpdesk in India, Where the operator on several occasions spoke VERY poor english and was inpossible to understand. I had to make the call with the quad dealer 4 times! On one occasion the operator simply hung up. It was late in the day about 4:45pm and on 2 other occasions the Elavon card operator bloke told me he simply couldn't get in touch with my bank who operate from American call centers. The whole system is beyond a joke. Im English I just want to talk to somebody who is fkin english not people 1000's of miles away.
 Anyway finally when i was about to give up after driving 250miles to buy the quad. Then finally the quad dealer got though to a rep for HSBC after having the call passed from India to America. Anyway after alot of questions, Including Where the last purchase was. The date of that purchase, The amount. And finally your 6 digit Security number! Which they will ask for 3 numbers from it. IE ( the 1st 3rd and Second to last numbers) They issued the number to put into the credit card machine to allow the payment.
 What a f**king blag the whole thing was. I dont envy you having to try. And ide seriously recommend not trying late in the day. esp if u bank with hsbc lol

Offline keelaw

• I live here
  • It's here!
« Reply #29 on: 21 July 2009, 12:37 »
I'm with lloyds and years back when I bought a mini from a dealer it was with a debit card but the referral call was really smooth and straight forward.

Then later I bought a beemer from an indepdent and (worringly) it didn't even get referred!

Mk6 Golf GTI 5dr, DBP, Monza Shadow, Xenons, ACC, RCD510, Park Assist, Camera, Lux pack.... and now bluetooth.... and now DSG!