Author Topic: It`s on the boat  (Read 7506 times)

Offline simonpolly

• I live here
It`s on the boat
« on: 08 July 2009, 18:29 »
placed order on may 22nd,was told mid aug for delivery,dealer phoned today to say it will be in next week :grin:, i`ve got to transfer plate which takes 10 working days i`m told,so i`m aiming to pick it up on or around 23rd of july :grin: :grin:
Golfgti build quality is average at best.

Offline 1400sfm

• Not said much yet
Re: It`s on the boat
« Reply #1 on: 08 July 2009, 18:35 »
Nice1, phoned my dealer yesterday told me it would be 4 weeks before I see mine :cry: ordered on may 30th

Offline simonpolly

• I live here
« Reply #2 on: 08 July 2009, 18:37 »
you may be lucky,seems they are coming early,here`s hoping

Offline gizzywizzy

• I live here
  • Black is definitely the stealthiest colour!!
« Reply #3 on: 08 July 2009, 18:38 »
Heh Simon mine ordered 23rd May it too is built and shipping within next 2 weeks!! I have to go see dealer next week to sort out final payment and this that and the other.   Can't wait now and although I said I would hold on and wait for 59 plate don't think I'll be able to. :grin:
Deep Black Pearl Mk7 GT TDI 150.

Offline gc76

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #4 on: 08 July 2009, 18:41 »
Well done mate,  its gonna be a long wait for you
Tornado Red 5 door GTI, DSG, Monza Shadows, Lux Pack, RCD510, Park Assist & FT indicator

"Sounds just like a Golf"

Offline FroGTI

• I live here
  • Wheel nut
« Reply #5 on: 08 July 2009, 18:43 »
So there's hope for the rest of us! I ordered May 1 (very first day orders were being taken here in France) and ever since then, I've been told August 18 :(

Offline simonpolly

• I live here
« Reply #6 on: 08 July 2009, 18:43 »
Soon as possible for me don`t care about what plate its on :laugh:,to be honest i did`nt even know there was a mk6 gti untill i went into the dealers to look at gti`s,just so happened to be a couple of weeks before the launch of the mk6 :,turned out to be good timing :smiley:,i now know alot :laugh:mostly from this site and you tube.

Offline neilgcal

• Here all the time
« Reply #7 on: 08 July 2009, 19:11 »
I ordered on 02may which was the day after the Xenon's were released for the GTI and mine still does not have a build week and the dealer called me two weeks ago to say it will be delayed. Im starting to question if its even on order????:cry:

Offline simonpolly

• I live here
« Reply #8 on: 08 July 2009, 19:12 »
Sounds fishy,did they order it when they said they did ?

Offline neilgcal

• Here all the time
« Reply #9 on: 08 July 2009, 19:20 »
Well they definately though it would be here before September as they said i could pick it up then if arrives in August. Mind you i have been waiting so long, unless it arrives in the last week of August i will just be picking it up straight away and either way i have a plate to transfer onto it anyway.