Author Topic: What have you done to your MK 7 today ?  (Read 2830073 times)

Offline Booth11

• Serious forum addict
Re: What have you done to your MK 7 today ?
« Reply #3680 on: 26 January 2016, 16:11 »
I'm sure I saw Mk7-GTD walking his dog on that site earlier.
Hope they are not the new mats.

:grin:

I'd be lying if that hadn't crossed my mind.  :laugh:

I have to admit i always change any site boots before entering into the vehicle given instances like this and ensure I have a couple of bags

I would be gutted and those mats looked oh so special

It's ok, the posh mats are untainted, my winter ones went back in after my little footrest photoshoot the other day.  :laugh:  Phew!

Normally I'm the same as you wigit - change my site boots first - but today I was in normal footwear as the thing I went to look at is visible from a tarmac footpath, but then I noticed something else (unlawful land grab) that prompted an unplanned crawl up a muddy bank through brambles, scrub (and the unseen dog crap), to fully investigate (would've gone back to get my boots but the car was parked well away).  And the result was a shed load of dog crap on my boots and hands all scratched to pieces - the things I do because I get paid for it.  :grin:
Black Beauty: MK7 R 5dr DSG, DBP, 19" Pretoria, DCC, Vienna leather, Keyless, Dynaudio, DNS Pro, Rear camera, HBA
2012 MK6 GTI DSG
2008 MK5 GTI DSG
2005 MK5 GTI Manual

https://www.flickr.com/photos/booth11

Offline kalimon

• I live here
  • My other car's a van
« Reply #3681 on: 26 January 2016, 16:19 »
Do you have a link to Jimmy Choo site boots? :smiley:
5 DR Mk 7 GTI PP
Carbon Grey, Dynaudio, Car Net App, High Beam Assist, Rear View Camera. Collected 14/03/16

Offline Exonian

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #3682 on: 26 January 2016, 16:41 »
It has to be said, this thread stinks!

My commiserations to those afflicted.
Both pretty horrific stories!
‘23 8R
Serial white Golf owner

Offline Booth11

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #3683 on: 26 January 2016, 17:54 »
Ordered the B3 ST2 paddles and a solitary Sport Pilot Cup 2 for a track day in February

:cool:  Which finish did you/mrs w, go for?

Do you have a link to Jimmy Choo site boots? :smiley:

No.  I can't afford (or walk in) Jimmy Choo's because I spend all my money on a stupid car.  :laugh:

It has to be said, this thread stinks!

My commiserations to those afflicted.
Both pretty horrific stories!

Sorry for lowering the smell of this thread. :embarrassed:  :laugh:

Scratch and Sniff forum option anyone?   :grin:
« Last Edit: 26 January 2016, 17:57 by Booth11 »
Black Beauty: MK7 R 5dr DSG, DBP, 19" Pretoria, DCC, Vienna leather, Keyless, Dynaudio, DNS Pro, Rear camera, HBA
2012 MK6 GTI DSG
2008 MK5 GTI DSG
2005 MK5 GTI Manual

Offline wigit

• I live here
« Reply #3684 on: 26 January 2016, 18:03 »
I went black anodised as did not want them shiny, the B3 seemed a sensible size, the others looked a bit OTT

Offline Booth11

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #3685 on: 26 January 2016, 22:10 »
I went black anodised as did not want them shiny, the B3 seemed a sensible size, the others looked a bit OTT

Nice.  I think the black look good, still very oem.  The B1's are too long for my liking, and the B2's too squared off.  B3's - not as obtrusive but perfectly functional and stylish. 
2012 MK6 GTI DSG
2008 MK5 GTI DSG
2005 MK5 GTI Manual

Offline golfhappy

• I live here
« Reply #3686 on: 27 January 2016, 20:53 »
The car went into Falkland Performance today and they reset the bluefin and wait for it, downloaded the original map, uploaded it to Superchips who tweaked it and downloaded it to the bluefin and it was uploaded to the car! the question is, are they downloading or uploading? :smiley:
Audi S1 gone, awaiting 1.5tsi r-line, pan roof, led lights front and rear, active dash, 18" jurva alloys and a dealer fitted Oettinger roof spoiler in tornado red.

Offline wigit

• I live here
« Reply #3687 on: 27 January 2016, 20:57 »

Nice.  I think the black look good, still very oem.  The B1's are too long for my liking, and the B2's too squared off.  B3's - not as obtrusive but perfectly functional and stylish.

I am just worried the wife wants a set for hers as then i have to confess how much they were

Offline Booth11

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #3688 on: 27 January 2016, 21:45 »

I am just worried the wife wants a set for hers as then i have to confess how much they were

It's not just us women that lie about how much things cost then. :grin:

When she sees them on yours, she will be seduced and the cost will become irrelevant. :wink:

My other half has no idea of half the stuff I bought for my car - mind you I have paid for it all myself, so he has no say in the matter, lol.
2012 MK6 GTI DSG
2008 MK5 GTI DSG
2005 MK5 GTI Manual

Offline wigit

• I live here
« Reply #3689 on: 27 January 2016, 21:54 »
when your wife has the same car no point in being economical with the truth as i will end up subsidising her mods